• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to convince me that CGC is doing all this 'delivered/received' bs on purpose in order to not raise the TATs too much, but the TATs are already pretty high, so I'm sticking with 'incompetence'.

On 3/12, CGC released an 'update' on TAT's and that steps were being taken to reduce TAT's.  It's now 3/28 and things are still as bad as they were around 3/12.  Talk about Fake News.

4 hours ago, workingdog said:

On 3/12, CGC released an 'update' on TAT's and that steps were being taken to reduce TAT's.  It's now 3/28 and things are still as bad as they were around 3/12.  Talk about Fake News.

TBF...the fixes are not quick. And they're the type that actually introduce even further slowdowns before they are seen as true "fixes."   

Adding graders = great! But there's days if not weeks of taking working graders off the floor to train, tutor and oversee their work before they truly fly solo. 

Adding space/facilities for expanded production line = great! But they have to source and schedule all the supplies, resources, labor etc to finish out the space. Then QC it for problems. Then adapt new space/facilities to current workflow...

I Mean I got hope in logjam clearing, it just wont be fast. The only fast solution is if they put a moratorium on the damn InHouse signings. And we all know THAT aint happening. 

6 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

I Mean I got hope in logjam clearing, it just wont be fast. The only fast solution is if they put a moratorium on the damn InHouse signings. And we all know THAT aint happening. 

I agree. It is extremely frustrating to have multiple shipments delivered, only to have them sit for close to a month before being marked and recorded as received. Then, while waiting, to receive two or three "in house signing announcements" encouraging more books to be sent in to the abyss. As a business person, it really flies in the face of customer care IMHO.   

Edited by X_Phile

On 3/26/2021 at 4:18 PM, HotKey said:

1 Express, Scheduled for Grading 3/26/21

This is odd, on Saturday night this was scheduled for grading.

Now on Sunday night its "Grading/Quality Control". Status changed on a weekend?

Express -  1 Book

• Delivered - 3/16
  • Received - 3/16
  • SFG - 3/18
  • Date graded 3/18
  • G/QC - 3/20
  • F/I/S - 3/23
  • Received - 3/25

Economy - Fast Track  7 books

• Delivered - 3/16
  • Received - 3/16
  • SFG - 3/29
  • G/QC - ??

Submission #    Received    Items    Service        Status               Shipped
3797097             3/2/2021    5          MODERN    Received    
3793951           2/23/2021    5          MODERN    Received    

So, I want to follow along these ones in this thread. I will update over the year(s).

Modern Magazine (17)  for CCS and CGC

Received 10/23/20

Billed by CCS 2/11/20

Received by CGC

Value Books (5) for CCS and CGC

Received  11/20/20

Billed by CCS 3/29/21

Received by CGC

On 3/19/2021 at 8:10 AM, Jaywalker0 said:

Keep us updated, I never knew a comic could or would be rejected.

Update!

Well, no one seems to know what happened as to why my two Star Wars comics were rejected. My shipment arrived today with the two rejects, and they were definitely not slabbed. CGC charged me full price, and as of today I've still not been refunded any amount. Once I get this resolved with CS, I'll do a final update.

23 minutes ago, Tnexus said:

Update!

Well, no one seems to know what happened as to why my two Star Wars comics were rejected. My shipment arrived today with the two rejects, and they were definitely not slabbed. CGC charged me full price, and as of today I've still not been refunded any amount. Once I get this resolved with CS, I'll do a final update.

That's...crazy. like, did they accidentally pre-screen your sub for given grade? Are these foreign issues that they might not be able to "verify" authenticity vs anglicized counterparts? Even if yours were deemed complete pirated repros, seems like you'd get some kind of non-grade score or a straight, "bro, these are counterfeit" explanation. 

sorry to hear the trouble. Can't imagine the disappointment and frustration. 

Here is in update

Received    Items    Service    Status
2/23/2021    25    FAST TRACK VALUE    Finalized / Imaged / Shipped as of 3/29/21 = 24 working days so on time again:banana:
1/22/2021    24    MODERN    Finalized / Imaged / Shipped as of 3/25/21 = 43 working days so on time for when they went in :banana:
1/20/2021    25    VALUE    Received (I should have done Fast Track doh!Getting close to starting as it was 53 days when the books were marked as received  

I have a Mechanical Error recieved on 3/8/21 switch to Grading/QC yesterday.  I expected this one to take longer as it was ones that included a new Variant that has never been noted. I had to send in paperwork, notations , and pictures showing the differences. 20210330_120614.jpg.7e59beedf2c97a80dd186d8f3d808d8a.jpg