• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,858 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, hermster said:

Modern regular 

2/4 - Delivered

2/4 - Recieved 

3/30 - SFG

3/31 - Grading/QC

4/3 - Finalized/Shipped

And on a Saturday too, that's some overtime they've been pulling, on Easter weekend no less.

Guess they really mean to get tat under control, and must be a heck of a lot of shipments and books!

On 3/17/2021 at 12:15 PM, the authority said:
I'm not sure why they're separated the way the are by CGC. It is the same number of comics I sent but the invoice looks slightly different. Ahh, who cares. lol

These were delivered and signed for on 2/23/21

3 COMICS
FAST TRACK VALUE
Received 3/15/21
Scheduled for Grading 3/17/21
Grading/QC 4/2/21

25 COMICS
MODERN
Fast Track
Received 3/15/21
Scheduled for grading 4/3/21
Grading/QC 4/5/21

25 COMICS
MODERN
Fast Track
Received 3/15/21
Scheduled for grading 04/01/21
Grading/QC 4/5/21

25 COMICS
MODERN
Received 03/15/21
Scheduled for grading 04/01/21
Grading/QC 4/5/21

25 COMICS
MODERN
Fast Track
Received 03/15/21
Scheduled for grading 4/1/21
Grading/QC 4/3/21

19 COMICS
MODERN
Fast Track
Received 3/15/21
Scheduled for grading 4/1/21
Grading/QC 4/5/21

25 COMICS
VALUE
Received 3/15/21

15 COMICS
VALUE
Received 3/15/21

On 3/27/2021 at 11:42 AM, Frost451 said:

Anyone know what the TAT for walkthrough is?  I had one delivered to CGC on Friday. Hoping it doesn’t take 2 long.  We will see how long before it shows up.  

image.png.5bfa3b4f60efaf45faf39bffe5bc2ac7.png

this was mine on a walkthrough. It was actually supposed to be express but they deemed it too valuable and did it as a walkthrough.

11 minutes ago, Willbert said:

06 Book - Fast Track Modern

Delivered: 03/12

Received:  04/05

SFG:       

G/Q:       

Shipped:

I might have mentioned this before, but did you write fast track on the box when shipping? I have a Fast Track delivered April 1st, and I'm just wondering if it will still be a 3 week wait?

21 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I might have mentioned this before, but did you write fast track on the box when shipping? I have a Fast Track delivered April 1st, and I'm just wondering if it will still be a 3 week wait?

If that helps, I'd like to know too. I have another shipment going next week.

21 minutes ago, the authority said:
43 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If that helps, I'd like to know too. I have another shipment going next week.

ahem as we speak lol 

Fast Track Value, delivered April 1st, marked received April 5th :tink: 

Modern Slow Track + CCS (6 books, TAT 5 months at time of submission)

Shipped 10/12/20

Delivered 10/14/20

Received 10/21/20

CCS Charge 2/9/21

CGC Received 3/17/21

Grading/QC 3/30/21

Shipped 4/5/21

9 minutes ago, jdw1991 said:

Modern Slow Track + CCS (6 books, TAT 5 months at time of submission)

Shipped 10/12/20

Delivered 10/14/20

Received 10/21/20

CCS Charge 2/9/21

CGC Received 3/17/21

Grading/QC 3/30/21

Shipped 4/5/21

wow really that is pretty quick for cgc received to shipped, I have a 10 modern slow received on 3/26 with no press, If I only need wait 2-3 weeks that'd be cool. Currently at received though :foryou: 

I hope the press did right by you, now that it is shipped :wishluck: since it took a while :tink: 

40 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

wow really that is pretty quick for cgc received to shipped, I have a 10 modern slow received on 3/26 with no press, If I only need wait 2-3 weeks that'd be cool. Currently at received though :foryou: 

I hope the press did right by you, now that it is shipped :wishluck: since it took a while :tink: 

Yes, very happy with the results.

2 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Standard delivered 3/12, received 4/05

Similar here....exact day delivered by USPS and status is received as of this morning. 2 orders in the same shipment to CGC. 

One batch is Modern FT (status went straight to Scheduled for Grading) and my other batch, Modern slow, is at Received.

Sadly, 14 of the 50 books I received last week sustained cracked slabs at some point (either during packing or during transit).  Reading through some of the comments, this appears to be a much more common occurrence than it was in the past.  I sent an email about it to service@cgccomics.com several days ago but have not heard back.  I was told to send the email when I called on Friday.  How long does it take them to reply about damaged slabs?

2 minutes ago, Serpentor said:

Sadly, 14 of the 50 books I received last week sustained cracked slabs at some point (either during packing or during transit).  Reading through some of the comments, this appears to be a much more common occurrence than it was in the past.  I sent an email about it to service@cgccomics.com several days ago but have not heard back.  I was told to send the email when I called on Friday.  How long does it take them to reply about damaged slabs?

This is the kind of that makes me nervous.  I sent in a batch of 25 to my presser, then on to CGC, a week ago.  My presser I trust...this kind of thing that's going on these days, I'm concerned.  This is my first Modern batch in over 6 months.  It sounds like a lot of these issues have been happening since then...or right before. :ohnoez:

threw up.jpg

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 01/25/21
Received 02/08/21
Scheduled For Grading 03/31/21

Modern Slow Track (25 Books)
Delivered 01/29/21
Received 02/15/21
Scheduled For Grading 04/06/21

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 03/09/21
Received 04/01/21