• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Chazgee said:

4 MODERN Regular
CGC Received: 4/7/21
SFG: 4/7/21

1 STANDARD Regular

4 VALUE Regular

I have no idea what happened here, but I'm exceedingly grateful. :foryou:

WOW! I think they're using my box for a footrest while they go through yours.

2 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:

I was told that the grades that seemed off "weren't a big deal and it's not like a family member passed."

Sounds like that sign-on bonus has attracted some new hires that might not be the right fit for a collectibles guarantee company.

I had a similarly detached (although nothing like what you experienced) reply via email from an unfamiliar person and had to push back a bit to get some resolution.

You should ask to speak to some leadership there.  That type of person needs to seek employment elsewhere, or at least be better trained.

I sent my 6 books (3 standard/3 value) in the middle of February.  They were not checked in until March 9th.  And that's the current status.  Just "Received: March 9th."  But according to the latest time frames I still have another 30 days or so before all are graded.   I was hoping to take advantage of the spending spree many stimulus receivers were on.  Too late now but no big deal.

33 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Does status change from Received to something else when books are being pressed by CCS

They get a new received date when back to cgc from ccs, then get to sfg after that

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
1 hour ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Does status change from Received to something else when books are being pressed by CCS

They get a new received date when back to cgc from ccs, then get to sfg after that

But yes stay at "received " all while at ccs, but will get a new received date when they get to cgc and then the normal process 

6 hours ago, Point Five said:

Yikes. Unless we're missing some context, that's not a line that should be coming from Customer Service for any number of reasons.

I really didn't know how to reply to it. I chalked it up to new hires and have moved on. Hopefully they get their stuff together soon. 

13 hours ago, kprime said:

Status is still "Received" as of 4/7. I'm never submitting to CGC again. 

And still CGC adding more Signature Series signings (Jim Shooter again) to further compound their current problems. They should really put those on hold until they get on top of this issue. 

12 minutes ago, Every Day A Story said:

And still CGC adding more Signature Series signings (Jim Shooter again) to further compound their current problems. They should really put those on hold until they get on top of this issue. 

That would make a lot of sense.  How dare you??!! :roflmao:

4DA3A017-8EAF-4C49-B430-A99B0DA3BFC8.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

That would make a lot of sense.  How dare you??!! :roflmao:

4DA3A017-8EAF-4C49-B430-A99B0DA3BFC8.jpeg

At least they are consistently delaying everything now as I noted they've upped the grading and pressing times for these sessions too.

Instead of the previous 3 weeks to grade or 6 with press, now "CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks."

Edited by Every Day A Story
Grammar policing

2 minutes ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I keep postponing my next MSL submission as I'm hoping to get the graded comic books back in 2024. :wink:

Ouch!!!  So negative!!!  No longer than 2022.  :roflmao:

My 11/16 MSL quick press has officially moved to SFG.

I would say that with the wait time between delivered and received, the turnaround time was around 105 business days, which is pretty close to the "108 day current turnaround time"

image.thumb.png.9c333126e67e15e646ba717f7e08b85a.png

Edited by skybolt

So when is everyone getting charged by CCS? Shortly after they are received, or is it months down the road once they've been pressed?

Modern Slow + CCS (25 books)

Delivered : 3/15

Received : 4/7

Modern Slow + CCS (24 books)

Modern Slow + CCS (20 books)

Modern Slow (5 books)

Delivered :  3/15

Received :   4/7

SFG : 4/8

Modern Slow + Prescreen (25 books)

Delivered :  3/15

Received :   4/7

SFG : 4/8

Edited by zupaphly
formatting

29 minutes ago, zupaphly said:

So when is everyone getting charged by CCS? Shortly after they are received, or is it months down the road once they've been pressed?                                                                                                                                                    

In my experience, it's just before the books are pressed.