• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,964 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2021 at 11:11 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

Economy - Fast Track  7 books

• Delivered FedEx Ground- 3/16
  • Received - 3/16
  • SFG - 3/29
  • Graded - 3/30
  • G/QC - 4/6
  • F/I/S - 4/9
  • Returned - ??

Am I reading this right -- your books were delivered and opened the same day? Did you write FREE MONEY INSIDE on the box?  ???

On 4/9/2021 at 5:42 PM, Cruzin' Thru Comics said:

I’m sure this has been discussed in this thread before but has anybody else’s books been sitting in limbo once tracking shows package delivered? I sent a priority box literally 3 weeks ago. Says delivered.  They still haven’t even marked them as received.  I have some valuable books in that box and it’s pretty stressful wondering if they’re ok. It’s getting pretty ridiculous. 

I can empathize.  I have a Reholder submission (3 slabs) which was delivered to CGC (USPS) on 2/11/21.  It wasn't marked Received until 3/4/21.  As of this writing (4/12/21), it's sitting in G/C.

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

Am I reading this right -- your books were delivered and opened the same day? Did you write FREE MONEY INSIDE on the box?  ???

1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

1416371689_tenor-1(13).gif.f4d26fa28b0b0fd83fa1f4a1d40f9077.gif

You are reading it correctly. What you are not seeing is that this order was in the same box as an Express submission that was already processed and returned.

:foryou:

I'm already annoyed. I can see this is not going to go well for me. Has anyone had their package make it the local post office (I'm assuming the Sarasota post office is the closest) and then sit there? It has been there for 5 days now. With all the shipping delays that have been happening I've actually never had a package sit at the final post office for any period of time. Usually goes out that day or the next. 

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 01/25/21
Received 02/08/21
Scheduled For Grading 03/31/21
Grading / Quality Control 04/08/21
Shipped 04/12/21

Modern Slow Track (25 Books)
Delivered 01/29/21
Received 02/15/21
Scheduled For Grading 04/06/21

Delivered 03/09/21
Received 04/01/21

Delivered 03/23/21

Delivered 04/01/21

12 minutes ago, wombat said:

I'm already annoyed. I can see this is not going to go well for me. Has anyone had their package make it the local post office (I'm assuming the Sarasota post office is the closest) and then sit there? It has been there for 5 days now. With all the shipping delays that have been happening I've actually never had a package sit at the final post office for any period of time. Usually goes out that day or the next. 

Short answer, yes. 

Longer answer, thru hearsay of what others have said when inquiring of customer service, CGC is essentially its own post office/mail center. When USPS shows delivered it is in their facility, but behind a crush of other submissions. 

It's taking upwards of 3 weeks to even have your books checked in (and delaying the TAT timer that much too).

On 4/7/2021 at 10:56 AM, Every Day A Story said:

2 Book Magazine Walkthrough Press & Grade

Delivered 3/19/21

Received 4/11/21 

15 Book Modern Fast Track Grade

Delivered 3/19/21

Scheduled for Grading 4/11/21

15 Book Modern Fast Track Press & Grade

Delivered 2/5/21

Received 2/28/21

5 Book Value Fast Track Press & Grade

Delivered 2/5/21

Received 2/28/21

Scheduled for Grading 4/8/21

Grading/Quality Control 4/9/21

The Walkthrough finally appears as received, and then closely followed by the Modern Fast Track which skipped Received and went straight to Scheduled for Grading (it was in the same package). As per most posts, we are at just over 3 weeks for CGC to open a box now.

Edited by Every Day A Story
Updated status and dates.

6 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

Short answer, yes. 

Longer answer, thru hearsay of what others have said when inquiring of customer service, CGC is essentially its own post office/mail center. When USPS shows delivered it is in their facility, but behind a crush of other submissions. 

It's taking upwards of 3 weeks to even have your books checked in (and delaying the TAT timer that much too).

Thanks. I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying. It doesn't say delivered. It says "arrived at post office". Is that what you mean?

I am thinking about using Walkthrough or Express Tier to jump all tiers that are awaiting to be opened within a month.

I have used Express many times but I never used WalkThrough.   My understanding is that FMV value is 3%.  The minimum fee is $150 and $5000 maximum.

My book is about $650 so it should be $19.50 but that would jump to $150 minimum fee for using WalkThrough Tier.  If I have $6000 value book, it will be $180 fee.

Anything under $5000 will be automatically to $150 minimum fee.   Just check.   More likely that I will use Express Tier.

19 minutes ago, wombat said:

Thanks. I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying. It doesn't say delivered. It says "arrived at post office". Is that what you mean?

Your package is within CGC confines right now so your fears can be alleviated. However, it's been taking them three weeks to open packages so feel free to maintain annoyance at the lack of movement for weeks to come. 

Edited by Ryan.

5 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Your package is within CGC confines right now so your fears can be alleviated. However, it's been taking them three weeks to open packages so feel free to maintain annoyance at the lack of movement for weeks to come. 

Cool. I was actually fully expecting this reading what people were posting. I was thinking this would be on top of the three weeks it takes them open packages. My plan is to forget these books exist. Of course like most of plans I expect it to fail miserably. 

I have 49 prescreen moderns stuck and received since 1/27, so I called cgc today. They didn't seem to know why there hasn't been any movement. They said they would email me back on what's going on but never got an email.

19 hours ago, lotofsilver said:

Fast track moving like grease lightning. Meanwhile my 1/12 prescreen sits at 62 business days ....

Screenshot_20210412-114509_Chrome.jpg

I have an invoice submitted same day, same tier of service. Still sitting at SFG. 
wonder how much of a gap in time there will be between the two. 

12 hours ago, Mattk3447 said:

I have 49 prescreen moderns stuck and received since 1/27, so I called cgc today. They didn't seem to know why there hasn't been any movement. They said they would email me back on what's going on but never got an email.

I feel your pain. 

Received: 1/20/21

Items: 7

Declared Value: 700

Service: PRESCREEN - MODERN