• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Mattk3447 said:

I have 49 prescreen moderns stuck and received since 1/27, so I called cgc today. They didn't seem to know why there hasn't been any movement. They said they would email me back on what's going on but never got an email.

Customer service has been less than helpful lately. 

12 minutes ago, StarV100 said:

Can you upgrade to fast track after the item is received?

In rare cases they will accommodate you. But, the clock is reset to when you make the change. At least that’s how it worked for me in the past. 

I’m actually considering not having my presser send in my books right now.  It’s already costly for me for 25 moderns without Fast Track.  These wait times are disgusting. :ohnoez:

2 hours ago, Frost451 said:

Even walkthrough is taking longer then  they are saying.  Maybe we need a new tier. Super walkthrough lol min fee $300 max 3% fmv.

Or they can introduce a new Super Duper Walkthru Variant Edition tier for a mere $3k minimum price tag, where the CGC employee flies out to your house to pick up the book, and then hand delivers it back to you fully graded/encapsulated before midnight that same day. Either that or the CGC graders show up at your house with the encapsulation equipment to grade the books in your garage, while you drink your coffee in the kitchen. "Hey guys are you done yet, I need to go out and pick-up some groceries?" "Just about, but the lighting in your garage sucks. Do you have some more lamps so we can spot these defects better?" "Sorry, that's all I have. Just do your best. If you can't see the creases, then maybe there are none."

5 minutes ago, skybolt said:

Or they can introduce a new Super Duper Walkthru Variant Edition tier for a mere $3k minimum price tag, where the CGC employee flies out to your house to pick up the book, and then hand delivers it back to you fully graded/encapsulated before midnight that same day. Either that or the CGC graders show up at your house with the encapsulation equipment to grade the books in your garage, while you drink your coffee in the kitchen. "Hey guys are you done yet, I need to go out and pick-up some groceries?" "Just about, but the lighting in your garage sucks. Do you have some more lamps so we can spot these defects better?" "Sorry, that's all I have. Just do your best. If you can't see the creases, then maybe there are none."

How about a "Grade your Own Kit" Comes with labels, holders etc and you do it yourself..................:bigsmile:

2 minutes ago, X_Phile said:

How about a "Grade your Own Kit" Comes with labels, holders etc and you do it yourself..................:bigsmile:

You still need 3 graders though. That's where uncle Mike and his bowling buddy come in.

11 minutes ago, comixry said:

4/11/21? So they do work on Sundays.

Although this was posted in an ask CGC about cards,  some of the information does apply to the comic side of things as well. In short , Yes they have been offering incentives for employees to work weekends to help catch up with the huge backlog. 

20210413_122152.jpg.a183bd1037253256e5e263d346f4eea7.jpg20210413_122117.jpg.97e4361f402ef7a09a4bb6c406eb02f3.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 4/8/2021 at 8:55 AM, skybolt said:

My 11/16 MSL quick press has officially moved to SFG.

I would say that with the wait time between delivered and received, the turnaround time was around 105 business days, which is pretty close to the "108 day current turnaround time"

image.thumb.png.9c333126e67e15e646ba717f7e08b85a.png

Interesting development. This submission just went into Grading/QC.

image.thumb.png.f05dfa069865f9da2455c5dabf4fdb6c.png

Finally more movement from early Feb submissions the last two days. Two in quality control and three SFG.

Nothing like that waiting time for the grades reveal for a few days till they ship...:taptaptap: