• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

So I guess I can quit hitting email refresh hoping to have my Walkthrough submission received. The tracking number verification was there Saturday but is gone now so no idea when it will move in the system.

1 hour ago, PKJ said:

So I guess I can quit hitting email refresh hoping to have my Walkthrough submission received. The tracking number verification was there Saturday but is gone now so no idea when it will move in the system.

Yep I have been hitting refresh all day and haven't seen any movement.  Walkthough with pressing is taking 16+ business days after received.  I would be pissed if I sent in a stack of books at the end of last year and the TAT just keeps growing for standard.  I guess, just continue to be patient.  

image.png.a40f750ed897c05bfc7257a09feed7d5.png

On 4/17/2021 at 11:46 PM, Mattk3447 said:

Is your submission fast tracked? I still have my prescreen modern (slow track) stuck at received since 1/27

No to FT. Just a plain old submission. My last two pre-screen orders went straight to SFG in the system. But I fully expected to spend 10 weeks at SFG. If they go to GQ in 2-3 weeks, I will be shocked. I think SFG is the new RECEIVED. I still have one multi-tier box waiting to be opened, so we'll have to see how that goes. 

2 hours ago, joeypost said:

Modern pre-screens are supposed to be whatever the regular modern submission is PLUS 10 business day? Is that still correct?

That's still the stated TAT....Plus 10. I have a 50 book pre-screen received 2/3 (think that's 53 working days as of today) that should be coming up that should provide a current snapshot. If it was just straight modern, it should of probably been in, or close to in, G/QC right now. 

Edited by Willbert

On 2/17/2021 at 7:11 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

My in house signing book ( just one) for Humberto Ramos, I shipped priority USPS Signature Required "HM" written ALL OVER THAT BOX . I dropped off at my local Post Office on 2/10/21. It showed up in the system today. 

20210217_190745.jpg.c1da13347390a7bc963aa360ff2fb620.jpg

This just updated with the new recieved date so it is back from Pressing.  

20210419_185501.jpg.5def92bd6891340586cc4c8b1224d87f.jpg

12 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This just updated with the new recieved date so it is back from Pressing.  

20210419_185501.jpg.5def92bd6891340586cc4c8b1224d87f.jpg

Hey there, comic fans! We know many of you have been requesting more information on a number of private signings, so we thought it was a good idea to get some more detailed information out to you. Here is a list of signing updates! • Chris Evans Signing - All books have been signed. • Chris Claremont Signing - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Joe Rubinstein - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Frank Miller and Klaus Janson - All books have been signed and Remarques/Sketches completed. • Ben Bishop - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Kevin Eastman Signing - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Geoff Johns, David Finch, Brad Anderson, Peter Tomasi, Doug Mahnke, and Jason Fabok Signing - Due to international travel setbacks this signing was pushed out later than expected. However, we are happy to report that we have received all of Jason Fabok's signed books back from Canada and we will be getting David Finch and Brad Anderson books signed by mid-May. If you selected a Fabok ONLY signature, those books have already been sent through for grading. • We apologize for the delays, but please know we are working around the clock to make sure every customer gets what they have requested. Lastly, we are so grateful for your continued support and appreciate your patience as we navigate through the tremendous growth we have seen in the comic collecting community. Even without Comic Cons (which we dearly miss!), you have all made this an exciting time for all of us at CGC Comics! Comic on! #cgccomics #cgc #comiconfriends #privatesignings #recap #signatureseries #comicbooks #igcomicfamily #igcomicbookfamily #comics #artists #writers #comicsrock #welovecomics #gradedcomics #slabbedcomics #igcomics

Maybe this helps, cgc posted it on social 

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hey there, comic fans! We know many of you have been requesting more information on a number of private signings, so we thought it was a good idea to get some more detailed information out to you. Here is a list of signing updates! • Chris Evans Signing - All books have been signed. • Chris Claremont Signing - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Joe Rubinstein - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Frank Miller and Klaus Janson - All books have been signed and Remarques/Sketches completed. • Ben Bishop - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Kevin Eastman Signing - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Geoff Johns, David Finch, Brad Anderson, Peter Tomasi, Doug Mahnke, and Jason Fabok Signing - Due to international travel setbacks this signing was pushed out later than expected. However, we are happy to report that we have received all of Jason Fabok's signed books back from Canada and we will be getting David Finch and Brad Anderson books signed by mid-May. If you selected a Fabok ONLY signature, those books have already been sent through for grading. • We apologize for the delays, but please know we are working around the clock to make sure every customer gets what they have requested. Lastly, we are so grateful for your continued support and appreciate your patience as we navigate through the tremendous growth we have seen in the comic collecting community. Even without Comic Cons (which we dearly miss!), you have all made this an exciting time for all of us at CGC Comics! Comic on! #cgccomics #cgc #comiconfriends #privatesignings #recap #signatureseries #comicbooks #igcomicfamily #igcomicbookfamily #comics #artists #writers #comicsrock #welovecomics #gradedcomics #slabbedcomics #igcomics

I watch CGC on all platforms.  I saw when they had Humberto Ramos there signing. I was just updating it here as it just made it back from CCS to CGC for the new recieved date . I also did this in case anyone else who sent books in for that signing would at least have an idea of about where they were in the process. Plus it also gives an idea of about how long after signing it took CCS to press. I am not in a hurry and patient.  Just hoping it hit 9.8. :wishluck: but it is whatever it is. 

19 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hey there, comic fans! We know many of you have been requesting more information on a number of private signings...

I've noticed they have pared back InHouse signings from the prior furious pace. Hope they realized how fubar it made their process and are cooling it to catch up a bit. Waits are one thing, but this 2-3 months of taking weeks to even check in a rcvd book is nuts. 

3 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I watch CGC on all platforms.  I saw when they had Humberto Ramos there signing. I was just updating it here as it just made it back from CCS to CGC for the new recieved date . I also did this in case anyone else who sent books in for that signing would at least have an idea of about where they were in the process. Plus it also gives an idea of about how long after signing it took CCS to press. I am not in a hurry and patient.  Just hoping it hit 9.8. :wishluck: but it is whatever it is. 

Amen lol

I'm just excited that the Eastman is done, which is weird, cause I called today and the cgc rep said it would be done by the end of April. But this is even better news lol

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Amen lol

I'm just excited that the Eastman is done, which is weird, cause I called today and the cgc rep said it would be done by the end of April. But this is even better news lol

The day I typed a message on here wondering about the Ramos they posted videos of him signing on FB.. :roflmao:

Yes it is even better news. Congratulations! 

4 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

The day I typed a message on here wondering about the Ramos they posted videos of him signing on FB.. :roflmao:

Yes it is even better news. Congratulations! 

Then you know lol

It's the same as when you sell a book it goes up in value, almost Haha

But ya the update, I'm surprised there were that many that had to be done. Now that they are done, I wasnt sure if Ramos was like that, that had to be done at a later date, but I'm glad yours are moving!

I hope they stick the the 6 week estimated tat with press, cause since those signings I believe they upped it to 8 weeks with a press. Lol it's just exciting still to hear news which is also good!

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Nicely done. Adam.  (thumbsu

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Then you know lol

It's the same as when you sell a book it goes up in value, almost Haha

But ya the update, I'm surprised there were that many that had to be done. Now that they are done, I wasnt sure if Ramos was like that, that had to be done at a later date, but I'm glad yours are moving!

I hope they stick the the 6 week estimated tat with press, cause since those signings I believe they upped it to 8 weeks with a press. Lol it's just exciting still to hear news which is also good!

I definitely agree on all accounts! (thumbsu

From quickly reading, I assume we are several business days now from them even receiving a Walkthrough. I had a book get pressed, then sent in so hoping he did as I asked and marked the box correctly. Showed delivered last week via USPS but no update on my account it is in process.

1 hour ago, PKJ said:

From quickly reading, I assume we are several business days now from them even receiving a Walkthrough. I had a book get pressed, then sent in so hoping he did as I asked and marked the box correctly. Showed delivered last week via USPS but no update on my account it is in process.

My walk though finished pressing on 4/15  so today is the 4th business day to grade a walkthrough comic.  Its definitely not same day as advertised.  

20 hours ago, joeypost said:

Modern pre-screens are supposed to be whatever the regular modern submission is PLUS 10 business day? Is that still correct?

Yes, it is still the case Joe.  Right now, Pre-Screen Moderns are running a total of +63 business days.

I had an interesting conversation (nasty one at that) just now with a wonderful CGC employee, asking why my two pre-screen moderns 'Received' on 1/13/2021 were not even close to being finalized yet.  

Got the typical BS about TAT's not being guaranteed, how they're finalizing books Received on 1/11/2021, etc.   But then when I told this person that I had two pre-sceen moderns that were 'Received' on 1/11/2021 already shipped back to me at the end of March 2021, and asked How it is possible that just TWO BUSINESS DAY differences in invoices results in nearly a 20 Business Day TAT difference, she couldn't give me a clear response.  Facts apparently do not matter in the CGC world, its whatever they feel like.  

Bad enough that my Pre-Screens have been getting an 33% avg pass rate recently.   CGC is clearly disorganized and needs to get their act together.   Hire competent customer service reps, and graders that grade more accurately to how books were graded in the past.  

12 minutes ago, Frost451 said:

My walk though finished pressing on 4/15  so today is the 4th business day to grade a walkthrough comic.  Its definitely not same day as advertised.  

I was relieved when they actually got to CGC, I used a highly recommended presser for this book due to the value, never again, got "I promise it is shipping the next day" for three straight weeks, I finally offered to pick it up myself since I was in the area and it magically was ready and shipped to CGC. So I am not really even confident it is there which sucks considering it is a 5 figure book. Lesson learned and the rest of my books were shipped to Joe even while this guy had this one. Fingers crossed they are just days behind.