• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,952 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Point Five said:
19 hours ago, Fisionbomb said:

I've got books shipped with FT all over the box that were delivered 04/02... still not showing "received".  Hope your luck is better than mine!

OK, I just reached out to a CGC rep and here's the final word: If you write FT all over your box, they immediately route your books to a tiny satellite office in Ft. Lauderdale. You'll be lucky to get them back before Christmas.  :banana: 

giphy.gif

On 4/25/2021 at 8:15 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I could have sworn I saw it written somewhere, but I don't see it now. So I guess it's not an "official policy"

I am pretty certain CGC has stated that writing 'Fast Track' on your box does not do anything for you.  The fast tracking does not begin until the box has been received which will take as long as any other box. 

29 minutes ago, cd4ever said:
On 4/25/2021 at 8:15 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I could have sworn I saw it written somewhere, but I don't see it now. So I guess it's not an "official policy"

I am pretty certain CGC has stated that writing 'Fast Track' on your box does not do anything for you.  The fast tracking does not begin until the box has been received which will take as long as any other box. 

I'm pretty sure that's what I said when you just quoted me lol

No worries, but I will say that my value fast track was delivered 4/2 and received 4/05

But I now understand it's not a guarantee or even in the instructions, :makepoint:(:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 minutes ago, AJsLongboxComics said:

40 books delivered on 3/29 not showing up yet.  Concerned.  I did call about a week ago and they said they were behind opening the mail up so....

Don't be they will show up. They are at CGC. Looks like they are almost a month behind at this point. 

image.thumb.png.2542525263bbc81fecda5c4e8121328a.png

Just called and talked to someone- when I mailed these in, the CCS pressing was estimated at 86 days turnaround time.  I was just told that I shouldn't expect to see any update on these comics for another 30 business days, which the rep on the phone confirmed, is Mon- Fri.  So I am 89 days in, counting just weekdays (83 if we dont count christmas eve, christmas, new year's day, new years eve, prsident's day, and MLK day)- when I mailed the books in, the TAT was 86 days:  https://web.archive.org/web/20210117092047/https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/ccs-pressing/

Now I am being told that I might see my books move from Received to 'Scheduled for Grading' June 8th? 

6 months?!

Really!?

I don't even know what to say. 

I sent a walkthrough in on 3/27. Although it was delivered on 4/2, it hasn't shown up in my submissions yet. I sent another walkthrough in on 4/3 along with 2 standards in the same box. These three were listed as "received" on 4/12. The 2 standards immediately jumped to "scheduled for grading" while the walkthrough is sitting in "received". Granted, it's supposed to have a walkthrough level pressing but isn't that supposed to take 10 business days and then move over to same day grading?

1 hour ago, bigbillguts said:

image.thumb.png.2542525263bbc81fecda5c4e8121328a.png

Just called and talked to someone- when I mailed these in, the CCS pressing was estimated at 86 days turnaround time.  I was just told that I shouldn't expect to see any update on these comics for another 30 business days, which the rep on the phone confirmed, is Mon- Fri.  So I am 89 days in, counting just weekdays (83 if we dont count christmas eve, christmas, new year's day, new years eve, prsident's day, and MLK day)- when I mailed the books in, the TAT was 86 days:  https://web.archive.org/web/20210117092047/https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/ccs-pressing/

Now I am being told that I might see my books move from Received to 'Scheduled for Grading' June 8th? 

6 months?!

Really!?

I don't even know what to say. 

Just sit back And enjoy the ride - MorpheusOne | Meme Generator