• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

I have two Pre-Screen Modern (slow) orders that were marked as RECEIVED on 1/13/2021.

It has been way over the 65 day turnaround time as noted on their website for that tier (mind you, it was again updated and increased TAT yesterday).

Called customer service to see what was going on.   They said that the books are STILL in the Grading Room, and to expect at lease another 10-12 days of processing time before Finalization.   And no, they cannot do nothing to speed the time up.  Apologies galore. 

The Customer Service and Quality has went down exponentially since the start of the new year.   Pre-Screen Moderns take now +75 Business Days?

They need to get their together, and stop these BS initiatives like special Signing Events.    GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER FIRST CGC!!!

3 hours ago, Phill the Governor said:

Lol

Have a client who paid extra money for overnight shipping to CGC, to "ensure" their Walkthrough submission would get graded and shipped to Heritage by this week. Box was marked with the Walkthrough abbreviation on all sides. Package was shipped last Wednesday 21st, delivered Thursday the 22nd. As of today (the following Wednesday the 28th) none of the submissions from the box (there were other walkthrough submissions and lower tier submissions) have been entered into the system.

CGC can state that TATs are "not guaranteed" all they want, but this is completely unacceptable. What is the point of turn around times for 1 day books when it takes several days and the submissions isn't even entered in the system yet? 

Don't worry I have one there since the 16th with no indication it is even in the building. 

Why are people complaining about turn around times?!?!

Come on, it only took them 3 weeks for my modern fast track.

CGC stats....

Received: 4/5/21

Shipped: 4/28/21

Of course, USPS delievered it to them on 3/12. ;) 
7-10 business days my a** for "received".
Edited by kevhtx

6 hours ago, Phill the Governor said:

CGC can state that TATs are "not guaranteed" all they want, but this is completely unacceptable. What is the point of turn around times for 1 day books when it takes several days and the submissions isn't even entered in the system yet? 

I don't like complaining, but agree, completely unacceptable that it is taking a week (or longer) just to track in WK.  Customers (myself included) are paying a lot to skip to the front of the line.  Maybe there are just too many EX and WK submissions now with prices going bonkers?  This isn't as bad as when it used to take around 8 months to get moderns graded (what was that, like 10 years ago?), but it's starting to get there, hope CGC can get it under control before too long.  On the bright side, at least they are still accepting submissions, at least for now :)

18 hours ago, iae21 said:

I have two Pre-Screen Modern (slow) orders that were marked as RECEIVED on 1/13/2021.

It has been way over the 65 day turnaround time as noted on their website for that tier (mind you, it was again updated and increased TAT yesterday).

Called customer service to see what was going on.   They said that the books are STILL in the Grading Room, and to expect at lease another 10-12 days of processing time before Finalization.   And no, they cannot do nothing to speed the time up.  Apologies galore. 

The Customer Service and Quality has went down exponentially since the start of the new year.   Pre-Screen Moderns take now +75 Business Days?

They need to get their together, and stop these BS initiatives like special Signing Events.    GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER FIRST CGC!!!

I've had a 1/18 modern pre-screen sitting at SFG since 3/31. They added another box of mine on 1/20 with a modern and a modern prescreen. The modern shipped 3/22, the prescreen from the same box is at SFG a month and 7 days later.

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

WTF?

You do know that most of my subs go into scheduled for grading right away for what ever reason but still take the same amount of time to be finalized.  It really makes no difference until it gets to grading/qc.

Or are you confused about my declared value?

I declare the max cuz I can. 

xoxo

3 minutes ago, greggy said:

You do know that most of my subs go into scheduled for grading right away for what ever reason but still take the same amount of time to be finalized.  It really makes no difference until it gets to grading/qc.

Or are you confused about my declared value?

I declare the max cuz I can. 

xoxo

I said WTF because I don't like you fool

With the recent news of upcoming price changes, the TAT's will likely get worse in the short term before going down to something reasonable. I can easily see modern pressing go up to 130-140 business days as more people send in their books to take advantage of the $8 quick press fee (vs. $15). Hopefully, in 3 or 4 months, those TAT's will go down to 70-80 days (at least I hope). Not sure how MSL grading will be impacted short term. The price changes are not that egregious to show a vast change in TAT's. Hopefully the new staff CGC is hiring and training will bring down some of those TAT's.

Modern Slow Track (25 Books)
Delivered 01/29/21
Received 02/15/21
Scheduled For Grading 04/06/21
Graded 04/21/21
Shipped 04/29/21

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 03/09/21
Received 04/01/21

Delivered 03/23/21
Received 04/17/21
Scheduled For Grading 04/17/21 (interesting - received and SFG the same day :wishluck:)

Delivered 04/01/21

Delivered 04/15/21

Delivered 04/26/21

18 minutes ago, BrntWS6 said:

Delivered 3/31

Received 4/29

SFG 4/29

So they are a MONTH out just getting things checked in.

At least did add this handy new feature 

to let you know what "week" CGC is on

opening packages.

image.thumb.png.0243248a9db5b50f26ac13090d3438f8.png