• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

Just now, the authority said:

@ADAMANTIUM my confusion is directed at the increase in rates that they stated was to hire more and better people. I expected a cut in TaT not an increase. Their choice, but it caused me not to ship a 400 book order I was working on the last 2 weeks. Was hoping to have them back in time for a local con. 

I’m thankful that they posted this prior to my submission. 👍🏻

I figured  no worries,  I'm just kinda trying to lighten the mood, I'm doing poor with the ribbing that's my bad

You do have a point, i think back to every other year when the bottleneck due to cons seems to get worked through. The biggest thing that sucks is this seems that they've hired and done mor than ever, yet the bottleneck doesn't seem to have a silver lining or light at the end

Hence my poor attempt at putting out a fuze, but we all are hoping for something to tat, just need assurance from somewhere  :)

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I figured  no worries,  I'm just kinda trying to lighten the mood, I'm doing poor with the ribbing that's my bad

You do have a point, i think back to every other year when the bottleneck due to cons seems to get worked through. The biggest thing that sucks is this seems that they've hired and done mor than ever, yet the bottleneck doesn't seem to have a silver lining or light at the end

Hence my poor attempt at putting out a fuze, but we all are hoping for something to tat, just need assurance from somewhere  :)

I need to use more emojis. 😊 

I was having a little fun too but the words always seem less happy without a smiley face attached too them. Haha

I’m not at all upset with CGC. I was just hoping to get these books mailed off and back before 8/21. I figured it was going to be close but with the new TaT and a couple of holidays between now and then, I don’t think there’s a chance to have them back by then.

The good news is that I’ve sold raw copies for a very long time. I’m still going to have 350 or so graded books at the event. 

BTW, have always enjoyed your input on the boards. You’re definitely a big contributor here and a positive person. Keep on posting  😊

7 minutes ago, the authority said:

I need to use more emojis. 😊 

I was having a little fun too but the words always seem less happy without a smiley face attached too them. Haha

I’m not at all upset with CGC. I was just hoping to get these books mailed off and back before 8/21. I figured it was going to be close but with the new TaT and a couple of holidays between now and then, I don’t think there’s a chance to have them back by then.

The good news is that I’ve sold raw copies for a very long time. I’m still going to have 350 or so graded books at the event. 

BTW, have always enjoyed your input on the boards. You’re definitely a big contributor here and a positive person. Keep on posting  😊

Yes! Its doable in the end, maybe we won't have ideal timing with everything, but itll be a trial by fire for some to sell raw, registry due is June 12th as well lol small plug

Even as cons are still kind of opening up, my major one is in September, it's a lot all at one time. Ending on a positive note, even though cgc touts overtime, the new hires have been willing to bare with my phone calls recently and they were happy people. 

Too soon to get the bigger picture always, just glad the hobby is popping, even if it takes a BIG adjustment sometimes for me lol

4 hours ago, BigD702 said:

So I guess TAT start on delivery date. hm  https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9110/ccg-turnaround-times/

Yeah....Interesting. I wonder if they are responding to the fact that other grading company in Texas does it this way.  There were several announcements/updates of note today. 

TAT starts on delivery
Receiving is opening boxes (submissions) received April 5
Economy is at 134 business days TAT. Over six months. 

And a few numbers don't seem right. Example:
Modern Fast Track is 33 business days. But CGC is taking 24 business days to open boxes (April 5 to May 6). So is CGC really pushing modern FT books all the way through in the remaining nine business days?  I'm a bit skeptical. But if they are it's good! 

Standard tier - which costs $75 - is now six business days slower than Modern Fast Track - which costs $37.  This happens from time to time, but never seems "right" to me.  In auto racing there is the old saying of "speed costs money - how fast can you afford to go?"  Seems like paying 2x more would get you a bit more speed. 

Edited by Tony S

6 hours ago, cujobyte said:

Lotta complaints about just how strict their grading is right now. Tons on IG & fb groups complaining, so much that i am no longer in a hurry to send books in. 

Everytime I see this, I just think it's more that people submitting don't know how to grade.

Edited by I like pie

9 hours ago, BigD702 said:

So I guess TAT start on delivery date. hm  https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9110/ccg-turnaround-times/

Whew. Those TATs are rough but this at least is reassuring. 

21 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
23 hours ago, Nazirite said:

A 16 business day jump for standard smh

Could it be they're including how long it takes to open the package and mark received? 

One can hope haha

18 hours ago, Chazgee said:

Unfortunately, TAT's start when they're logged into the system.

CmciPx7NlE45lwjcaSS2eQD4dBhPcK9YwDq7SPqu

well I DID call yesterday 2 ringy dingy, to see if value fast track had been absorbed into economy turn around tier, and she warned me of the impending update of the turn around times. She also happened to mention that when they updated, they'd be including the amount of time from actual delivery to opening, which is to say about 3 weeks.

When they went up, I doubted what she said and posted it as a question, if only I had more confidence in what she said lol but that sounded like a close encounter if I ever heard one :sumo: 

TURNS OUT SHE WAS RIGHT!!

Does anyone remember what the longest wait time has ever been.  I seem to remember many years ago that it use to take 3 or 4 months for modern books to get shipped back but it's been long enough that I can't remember what the max was.  With the recent increases in TAT - are we near the longest wait time ever?

Edited by 1Cool

8 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Does anyone remember what the longest wait time has ever been.  I seem to remember many years ago that it use to take 3 or 4 months for modern books to get shipped back but it's been long enough that I can't remember what the max was.  With the recent increases in TAT - are we near the longest wait time ever?

:roflmao: 

10 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

giphy-3.gif

14 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Yes we just broke records. :ohnoez:

Moderns I dont think were ever longer than 60 business days.

For Standards this beyond the slowest.

Again this is mainly from receiving not the grading though.  If everyone could submit regular and have their invoices in the system within a week the turned times would be cut back down 33%-ish.  More important they hire more warehouse people than graders right now.

but yes it did take 3-4 months, and like 6 months for value even, I want to say, but it wasn't for too too long

maybe a little while

but I have books "received" 3/26 that were delivered 3 weeks earlier, so I'm now even more confused. As they didn't have the delivered package tracker back then, I've since thrown away the tracking number, to see if it's in the system under cgc's tracker etc.

So I don't know if the new TAT is from the 3 week earlier estimation of the then "received date." and etc for value ft, nothing has moved to answer my question

all still marked "received" lol I really should just not post till I know something haha :sumo: 

answers may be a while but speculation stinks! :ohnoez: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Curious question how many of you now wont submit to CCS?

Seems currently it would be 9-10 months from slow track moderns pressing then grading from to back at your house. 

It's certainly a consideration for flip books, but for PC comics that I want slabbed? It's not like they're going to get any more slabbed sitting in a box in my house than they are sitting in CGC's receiving department.

1 minute ago, Qalyar said:

It's certainly a consideration for flip books, but for PC comics that I want slabbed? It's not like they're going to get any more slabbed sitting in a box in my house than they are sitting in CGC's receiving department.

I agree even though I dont really use CCS much anymore.

For me for economy books I would rather my books sit in CGC's closet than in mine. (thumbsu

Edited by NewWorldOrder