• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Curious question how many of you now wont submit to CCS?

Seems currently it would be 9-10 months from slow track moderns pressing then grading from to back at your house. 

Buzz did the math the other day and if you sent on books that day they would not be back until around February next year.

Is it safe to assume signature books are pushed ahead of all else and that is what accounts for these large gaps in books submitted the same day, and not being graded together?

CGC3158029099 1/20/21 25 PRESCREEN - MODERN Finalized / Imaged / Shipped 4/26/21

CGC7448650778 1/20/21 21 PRESCREEN - MODERN Scheduled for Grading

37 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Is it safe to assume signature books are pushed ahead of all else and that is what accounts for these large gaps in books submitted the same day, and not being graded together?

CGC3158029099 1/20/21 25 PRESCREEN - MODERN Finalized / Imaged / Shipped 4/26/21

CGC7448650778 1/20/21 21 PRESCREEN - MODERN Scheduled for Grading

I have some from private signings that have been sitting just the same and think several others have as well. Seems as though they have been pushing through the Promised Pedigree Collection ahead of everything.  

1 minute ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Once you hit Scheduled For Grading it seems to go pretty quick right? 

"Quick" is relative, relative to the rest of the designations? Yes or maybe,  but that is still a minute if you ask me, although I'm a bit on received fever and it's not easy to discern the big picture 

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

"Quick" is relative, relative to the rest of the designations? Yes or maybe,  but that is still a minute if you ask me, although I'm a bit on received fever and it's not easy to discern the big picture 

They just announced Mark Bagley, between him and Roy Thomas you can pretty much kiss these TATs goodbye 

Just now, Nazirite said:

They just announced Mark Bagley, between him and Roy Thomas you can pretty much kiss these TATs goodbye 

Yes it's a tough one. I didnt let it bother me, until I sent in for Eastman last December and January and only one book is sfg after all this time. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt cause I "know" they have a lot to do, they too can get overwhelmed, so if I seem that way I dont mean too, it's just all a bit of patience and being too focused on it. Call it therapy or what not to post here, but I dont want to prolong any emotions. I might take a break till there are more absolutes lol

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not usually. They used to have a "verified" status that it changed to just after being received. That's basically what SFG is now.

I've had some sit there for weeks and others a few days.

Edited by I like pie

2 minutes ago, I like pie said:

Not usually. They used to have a "verified" status that it changed to just after being received. That's basically what SFG is now.

I've had some sit there for weeks and others a few days.

Yes indeed. I've had received for over a month going on another half and I cant speak to how long sfg is, the only sfg I've had is inhouse signing at a week, but sfg to shipped typically until shipped has been quicker than my received status most of the time. If that's what he was asking

I didn't bother to press my mags. Been a month and a half only

Economy slow believe it or not is higher than mags without a press but

I did press my Nintendo Power to be signed by Eastman, it's been at received since last December

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I didn't bother to press my mags. Been a month and a half only

Economy slow believe it or not is higher than mags without a press but

I did press my Nintendo Power to be signed by Eastman, it's been at received since last December

This recent Eastman signing?  I had a magazine get signed then pressed and graded and they shipped it back to me a month ago.

1 minute ago, SeanYork said:

This recent Eastman signing?  I had a magazine get signed then pressed and graded and they shipped it back to me a month ago.

Yes, none of mine got signed in the 1st batch of March 4th, so I had to wait, it was signed the end of April 

20 hours ago, Ron C. said:

I am at 6 1/2 months and my magazines still are at Received with CCS.

Mags are the worst. 2 years ago, I had one mag Received in May, CCS pressed in August, and F/I/S in December. But I had to send it back to be regraded because the grader "didn't realize it was a double cover".  :facepalm:

Luckily, they allowed me to send it back as a Mechanical Error so I got it back in 3 weeks.