• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Ninja0215 said:

Been received since Feb, still waiting for pressing charges. I call them a few times and the lady while very nice basically said whenever the charge drops. I'm just hoping it's soon because that's three months just for pressing before the turnarounds really jumped. I am still holding on here. 

They won't charge your credit card till the books are ready to be pressed.

Your books aint getting pressed for another couple months.  With CCS/CGC current TaT's you are looking at 8 months for the whole process to be done.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

11 minutes ago, X_Phile said:

I just assumed that they come in and since there are multiple graders they are distributed across the graders. :)

This is how I have always viewed it. It's like grocery store. You're milling about the store (received in box or checked in and waiting). But when it comes time to checkout (SFG) you queue up at one of any couple dozen registers (graders) with lines that move at uneven speeds due to order size in front of you and speed of cashier (grader). 

It is what it is ::shrug::

Now...what if that grader is sick? Or on vacay? Or quit/terminated? How long do their assigned lot wait before being reassigned to next available? If reassigned is it FIFO or is it middle/back of that new grader's pre-existing queue?

2 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

They won't charge your account till the books are ready to be pressed.

Your books aint getting pressed for another couple months.  With CCS/CGC current TaT's you are looking at 8 months for the whole process to be done.

I would feel less bad about it if i was charged already. This is getting crazy 

Just now, Ninja0215 said:

I would feel less bad about it if i was charged already. This is getting crazy 

Actually I would feel better.  IMO nothing should be charged till after pressing is completed at CCS, and after your books have shipped on the CGC side..

Why do you want to give them a cash advance on services not yet rendered for 8-9 months?

I have a CGC shipping box with a UPS ready to ship since 4/16/21. No movement and told they are really delayed. Been charged for that already.

I have some that were received back on 11/19 (for signing) 11/23 (regular graded and I think one pressed). Also have 12/30 (Eastman signing and a regular graded).

No movement on those either. I'm wanting to send in about 10 more but I am not looking to get these back next year. 

I am hopeful they are working on this delay, but could really use a weekly update as to how CGC is catching up.

48 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Actually I would feel better.  IMO nothing should be charged till after pressing is completed at CCS, and after your books have shipped on the CGC side..

Why do you want to give them a cash advance on services not yet rendered for 8-9 months?

True but at least i wouldn't have to worry about it; just wait for my books. 

1 hour ago, Drink2mny said:

I have a CGC shipping box with a UPS ready to ship since 4/16/21. No movement and told they are really delayed. Been charged for that already.

I have some that were received back on 11/19 (for signing) 11/23 (regular graded and I think one pressed). Also have 12/30 (Eastman signing and a regular graded).

No movement on those either. I'm wanting to send in about 10 more but I am not looking to get these back next year. 

I am hopeful they are working on this delay, but could really use a weekly update as to how CGC is catching up.

My gut tells me it'll get worse over the next few months before we see CGC catching up. I can imagine everyone and their grandmother shipping books before the June 28th deadline to take advantage of the discounts. I think MST will likely hit 75 business days before the TAT's start coming down again, while 200 business days for modern pressing is likely not out of the question.

Edited by skybolt

28 minutes ago, wombat said:

33 days delivered and not marked as received. I assume the front end time is not included in the TATs. 

It's likely factored in, but not totally. I think the bigger difference in grading TAT's is when books are received from CCS. Those are typically expedited a bit.

Feel for my fellow submitter's with your high $ books in unreasonable limbo.
My first ever Express submission moved at a surprising clip!

2x Express (w/CCS)

Delivered: 4/26
Received: 4/29
CCS Charged:  5/3
Received Back: 5/4  
CGC Charged: 5/11
SFG: 5/4
Grading/QC: 5/10
F/I/S: 5/11

So, I want to follow along these ones in this thread. I will update over the year(s).

Modern Magazine (17)  for CCS and CGC

Received 10/23/20

Billed by CCS 2/11/20

Received by CGC 5/11/21

Scheduled for Grading 5/11/21

TATs are still at 119 days for Magazines with CGC, but we have some progress.

2 hours ago, Jaywalker0 said:

Feel for my fellow submitter's with your high $ books in unreasonable limbo.
My first ever Express submission moved at a surprising clip!

2x Express (w/CCS)

Delivered: 4/26
Received: 4/29
CCS Charged:  5/3
Received Back: 5/4  
CGC Charged: 5/11
SFG: 5/4
Grading/QC: 5/10
F/I/S: 5/11

meanwhile my Express submission delivered 3/19 didn't hit received at CCS until 4/13 and hasn't changed tracking status since :tonofbricks:

February Modern Fast Track w/ Fast Track Pressing Shipment

Shipped to CGC                       2/5

Delivered to CGC                     2/9

‘Received’                                03/4 (17 business days later)

‘Received’ by CSS                     4/9 (26 business days later / 43 business days so far)

‘Received’ by CGC                    5/3 (16 business days later / 59 business days so far)

Scheduled for Grading             5/4 (1 business day later / 60 business days so far)

Grading / Quality Control        5/6 (2 business days later / 62 business days so far)

Shipped                                  5/11 (3 business days later / 65 business days total)

1 hour ago, Comic_Exchange said:

My 2/5 Received modern slow pre-screen got moved to scheduled for grading. ^^

Have the same type of submission that was entered as Received on 3/26..... so almost 2 months out :|

Has ANYBODY gotten their Kevin Eastman signed comics or magazines back yet!? Good lord I keep getting the run around from them on it, I sent in 3 magazines on 2 separate orders, the first one wasnt signed at the event so they had to mail it to him. The other two were signed at the event and then put on Scheduled For Grading on 2/15/21. After 2 months if waiting on that I contacted them and they said it was backed up and would be coming out soon, another two weeks went by and I contacted them AGAIN and they said it was being finished and would come out in the next week......well that was 2 weeks ago AGAIN and neither of the orders have moved an inch. I have even received comics pressed and signed back from the Frank Miller 35th Anniversary signing, an event held afterwards...... W.....T.....F MAN!!!! 

17 minutes ago, colossus127 said:

Has ANYBODY gotten their Kevin Eastman signed comics or magazines back yet!? Good lord I keep getting the run around from them on it, I sent in 3 magazines on 2 separate orders, the first one wasnt signed at the event so they had to mail it to him. The other two were signed at the event and then put on Scheduled For Grading on 2/15/21. After 2 months if waiting on that I contacted them and they said it was backed up and would be coming out soon, another two weeks went by and I contacted them AGAIN and they said it was being finished and would come out in the next week......well that was 2 weeks ago AGAIN and neither of the orders have moved an inch. I have even received comics pressed and signed back from the Frank Miller 35th Anniversary signing, an event held afterwards...... W.....T.....F MAN!!!! 

2 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

meanwhile my Express submission delivered 3/19 didn't hit received at CCS until 4/13 and hasn't changed tracking status since :tonofbricks:

Mind me asking what membership tier you have? Like I upgraded from Prem to Elite beginning of year and I feel that I don't experience some of the really crazy waits that others do. Long yes, but not to "is it lost?" point. So wondered if tier might play any role at all in the FIFO sorting.