• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,979 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ninja0215 said:

Anything close to or over a year should be grounds for theft. 

Sometimes it's good to forget about the submissions for a bit, which makes the time go by faster. I completely understand it's easier said than done. For instance, I have the one submission (from 12/21) that I'm really looking forward to getting back, and find myself checking its status 5 times a day. However, I feel like time is moving a lot quicker on my other 10 submissions since I don't think about them much. I can't believe 5 of them were received over a month ago, which doesn't feel like its been that long.

30 minutes ago, skybolt said:

Sometimes it's good to forget about the submissions for a bit, which makes the time go by faster. I completely understand it's easier said than done. For instance, I have the one submission (from 12/21) that I'm really looking forward to getting back, and find myself checking its status 5 times a day. However, I feel like time is moving a lot quicker on my other 10 submissions since I don't think about them much. I can't believe 5 of them were received over a month ago, which doesn't feel like its been that long.

I can agree with you there, I just wish I knew something. 

So, I want to follow along these ones in this thread. I will update over the year(s).

Modern Magazine (17)  for CCS and CGC

Received 10/23/20

Billed by CCS 2/11/20

Received by CGC 5/11/21

Scheduled for Grading 5/11/21

Grading/QC 5/12/21

This last line is much better than anticipated! :wishluck:

6 hours ago, 1Cool said:

The site is currently showing 64 working days which is about 3 months - but it's unsure if that includes the month it takes for them to now open your package.

Yes that now includes opening your package hence why it jumped so much over night.  They wrote a formal announcement on the CGC website.

So if someone wants to submit lets say 25 moderns for slow-track pressing and Modern slow-track CGC grading you are talking 9-10 months now door to door.  

I wish some of you good-luck. :wishluck:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

1 minute ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Yes that now includes opening your package hence why it jumped so much over night.  They wrote a formal announcement on the CGC website.

So if someone wants to submit lets say 25 moderns for slow-track pressing and CGC grading you are talking 8-9 months mow door to door.  

Good to know.  So my fast track pre-screen (25 books) will probably take a month (20 work days) after they eventually open the package?  It's going on 2 weeks since getting delivered so I guess we will see how close fast track is to being on time.

Just now, 1Cool said:

Good to know.  So my fast track pre-screen (25 books) will probably take a month (20 work days) after they eventually open the package?  It's going on 2 weeks since getting delivered so I guess we will see how close fast track is to being on time.

Are you getting the book pressed first?

10 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

So if someone wants to submit lets say 25 moderns for slow-track pressing and Modern slow-track CGC grading you are talking 9-10 months now door to door.  

I wish some of you good-luck. :wishluck:

What if you're already three months in? 

5 hours ago, sagekilz said:

56 business days.

If this date is set in stone, it'll be 64 business days.  Submission received by CGC 2/23/2021.

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail. Your items are currently in the grading room. Based on the turnaround time for the tier, your items should be shipping on/around 05/23/21.

Regards,

Rebecca Bonacci
Customer Service
Certified Collectibles Group
p. 800-642-2646 x174 | f. 941-360-2553
collectiblesgroup.com 

Edited by sagekilz

Finally called about this guy, which I assumed and continue to assume is just lost 🤣, and was told it would be another "few weeks" and that prescreens are adding 15-20 additional business days now. So sounds like this one may go a full 100 business days....

Meanwhile, I'm feeling must less optimistic about my prescreens from 2/11 and 3/5 still sitting at received. 

Screenshot_20210512-152143_Chrome.jpg

On 5/7/2021 at 4:24 PM, Hutch88 said:

8 Golden age (Economy) & 2 reholders. Rec. at Cgc. :wishluck:

Package not comics now show rec'd with the new tracking tool...zzz

I have 3 LAST RONIN #1s that were triple signed the day of release and sent in, just needing grading. They have been sitting at recieved in my CGC dashboard since Dec 15th! 5 months...a little ridiculous. They finally answered me and said they were in pressing. Why the hell would I press 1 day old books? Lost them I can garauntee. Should get free grading if I pay expedited service and it takes 6 months