• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,979 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Express submission delivered 3/19 and received at CCS on 4/13, hasn't changed status since. Is it worth even calling to see about this or am I just going to get told to keep waiting lol 

Called and a very nice customer service rep said they should be finishing up at CCS shortly. I wonder...does she have any more info than what we have in submission tracking? The wait continues. 

13 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:
On 5/13/2021 at 1:04 PM, comicdiablo said:

It's taking 5-6 weeks to open a box after receiving it. Then it's taking about 82 business days (or 58 business days "fast track") for modern comics.

Not sure if you know this, but from your wording it can be perceived as wrong information for anyone reading your quote.

82 business days is now factoring in receiving time.  So its 82 business days from the date CGC gets your package delivered from the mail carrier now.  Not the date they opened the package up and entered it into the CGC system.

lol I get why you corrected, needed doing, but that opens a question on my end .......

My value Fast track was delivered 4/4 and marked received 4/05, so the question, if we new the TAT of value ft, would it still be like 71 days estimated? even though it was "received right away?" that bites :sumo: 

lol js

but I'm thinking since they did away with value tier, that it was absorbed into economy and then the fast track, so etc. which is currently 71 days :foryou: 

Question...suppose a book I sent in back in January is still sitting. And suppose then, that book was worth oh around 200-300 on its current grade but when CGC gets around to grading it next month (hopefully) it is now a $600-700 book in that grade. Are they gonna charge me? And if so, how should I feel about this?

Edited by comicginger1789

16 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Question...suppose a book I sent in back in January is still sitting. And suppose then, that book was worth oh around 200-300 on its current grade but when CGC gets around to grading it next month (hopefully) it is now a $600-700 book in that grade. Are they gonna charge me? And if so, how should I feel about this?

Don't think so, I have a X-Men 1 that has been there for about a month now for WT. I know the valuation is off now, possibly doubled even.

2 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Don't think so, I have a X-Men 1 that has been there for about a month now for WT. I know the valuation is off now, possibly doubled even.

Now you're talking two completely different animals. A sub-$1000 book and a five figure grail X-Men #1. They aren't going to chase down the subjective gain of a couple hundred bucks but on your X-Men #1...you better brace yourself for an upcharge. They're already doing it. There's been more than one recent report posted to social media of increased tiers and grading fees based on current book value. And values determined by them AFTER the grade has been assigned. Not saying it'll for sure happen to you but it is now a very real possibility you should keep in mind.

7 minutes ago, Willbert said:

Now you're talking two completely different animals. A sub-$1000 book and a five figure grail X-Men #1. They aren't going to chase down the subjective gain of a couple hundred bucks but on your X-Men #1...you better brace yourself for an upcharge. They're already doing it. There's been more than one recent report posted to social media of increased tiers and grading fees based on current book value. And values determined by them AFTER the grade has been assigned. Not saying it'll for sure happen to you but it is now a very real possibility you should keep in mind.

I am already in the highest Tier of Walk through  and it was placed at the correct value 40 something days ago when it went over.