• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,976 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Question...suppose a book I sent in back in January is still sitting. And suppose then, that book was worth oh around 200-300 on its current grade but when CGC gets around to grading it next month (hopefully) it is now a $600-700 book in that grade. Are they gonna charge me? And if so, how should I feel about this?

Most of the time, unless it is a huge difference in value , they do not bump the tier you submit under. That said if the unfortunate were to occur and the book is lost or damaged they will only reimburse a maximum of the value of the tier you submit.  

farce
/färs/

noun
noun: farce; plural noun: farces
  1. a comic dramatic work using buffoonery and horseplay and typically including crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations.

29 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

unless i have some book that needs to definitely be graded (walkthough/express) i am done sending books in to CGC for a while. this has become a farce

Seconded. 

And I’m actually sorry I sent in my last batch which will incur increased fees and dramatically increased TATs. 

34 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

unless i have some book that needs to definitely be graded (walkthough/express) i am done sending books in to CGC for a while. this has become a farce

I agree

And I sent in 14 modern crappers (GR15, 2 regular and 2 2nd print!) about 6 weeks ago to joey. And from all signs I will also have 2/6 in my value submission bumped to a higher tier, if value exists by the time I get there (shrug)

14 minutes ago, Bird said:

I agree

And I sent in 14 modern crappers (GR15, 2 regular and 2 2nd print!) about 6 weeks ago to joey. And from all signs I will also have 2/6 in my value submission bumped to a higher tier, if value exists by the time I get there (shrug)

Well the good news is increased fees increased Modern value max from $200 -> 400. Don't think you'd have to worry that much unless something has really blown up that much. 

4 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Question...suppose a book I sent in back in January is still sitting. And suppose then, that book was worth oh around 200-300 on its current grade but when CGC gets around to grading it next month (hopefully) it is now a $600-700 book in that grade. Are they gonna charge me? And if so, how should I feel about this?

Prob not, but now that you posted it they just may give you the grading :bump:

Joke

Honestly they dont care about something like that.  It more you submit a Walking Dead # 1 in slow track modern, that they will bump you all the time.

27 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Joke

Honestly they dont care about something like that.  It more you submit a Walking Dead # 1 in slow track modern, that they will bump you all the time.

Ok yeah I didn’t do anything like that’s. I just have seen one person (whose prominence in the community is unknown to me but he seems to have a healthy number of people supporting and paying attention) who this happened to with some modern books. I was just curious is all:)

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Joke

I think some of that may be how new the people are that are logging them into the system also.  I recently had a couple that I thought would get bumped after the grades came back but they didn't.

5 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I love how walkthrough is now 4 days

Walkthrough: The scenic tour.  

Also if this trend continues it will almost get to the point that if you signed up for a membership today for a year and got the grading credit , but sent your submission to a presser first that it may not get the credit applied due to membership already expired by the time they got around to grading it. 

13 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

CGC strategy for reducing turnaround times - none But screw it’s let’s add more signature series cause we already have all their books anyways

That's exactly it. We already have those other suckers customers books and they paid, so lets promise new people faster turn around times so they will pay. I'm guessing it would be far less appealing if they were selling the in house signings and said you might not get your book back for 6 months to a year. 

I sent an X-Men 1 in back in March.  Walkthru with a FMV of the Overstreet guide.  They did not adjust it after grading even through it would sell for 5x that value tomorrow.  

I got it there and back within two weeks total.  How times have changed.