• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,976 posts in this topic

So the new ‘tool’ to see if your package has been received seems like the latest insult to injury with the long turnarounds. Box received days ago and you get this when using the ‘tool.’

4BF50728-B596-42BC-BF83-DD47818CC40A.thumb.jpeg.7ea352a68fca273640d72754e0c448dc.jpeg

Now we get to spend days, maybe weeks, checking if box has been ‘scanned’ by CGC warehouse after being ‘delivered’ by Post Office... and then another month or so for it to be ‘received’ into the actual CCS/CGC pressing/grading backlog.

Meanwhile more and more in-house signings announced and ‘free’ members bumping to head of the line getting books signed/pressed/graded. 

Man, I love it when I finally get my books back, especially if I get the grades I hoped for, but it really is getting a little ridiculous now.

I would have zero problem waiting if I didn’t keep seeing the promised TAT’s on in-house signings while normal old submissions linger longer and longer... that’s the problem for me anyways.

In-house signings should be subject to waiting in line like everyone else, especially when you don’t even have to be a paid member! 2c

Edited by Iconic1s

32 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

So the new ‘tool’ to see if your package has been received seems like the latest insult to injury with the long turnarounds. Box received days ago and you get this when using the ‘tool.’

4BF50728-B596-42BC-BF83-DD47818CC40A.thumb.jpeg.7ea352a68fca273640d72754e0c448dc.jpeg

Now we get to spend days, maybe weeks, checking if box has been ‘scanned’ by CGC warehouse after being ‘delivered’ by Post Office... and then another month or so for it to be ‘received’ into the actual CCS/CGC pressing/grading backlog.

Meanwhile more and more in-house signings announced and ‘free’ members bumping to head of the line getting books signed/pressed/graded. 

Man, I love it when I finally get my books back, especially if I get the grades I hoped for, but it really is getting a little ridiculous now.

I would have zero problem waiting if I didn’t keep seeing the promised TAT’s on in-house signings while normal old submissions linger longer and longer... that’s the problem for me anyways.

In-house signings should be subject to waiting in line like everyone else, especially when you don’t even have to be a paid member! 2c

truth

34 minutes ago, CJ Design said:

truth

Imagine if they did make in-house signings subject to the same TAT’s as other submissions!

Could you imagine CGC announcing a signing while also telling people ‘we’ll get your books signed, pressed, graded and back to you... in eight months.’  Oh and while we’re at it, give us a month to even let you know we got your books.

I don’t think that would go over very well! lol

5 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

Imagine if they did make in-house signings subject to the same TAT’s as other submissions!

Could you imagine CGC announcing a signing while also telling people ‘we’ll get your books signed, pressed, graded and back to you... in eight months.’  Oh and while we’re at it, give us a month to even let you know we got your books.

I don’t think that would go over very well! lol

Thats some funny stuff right there 🤣

Just now, wombat said:

Hold on though. If you do a private signing and then another private signing comes after yours to you get bumped like the rest of us peasants?

I do believe that is the case,  they have a specific time frame that those are done in and so regular grading/pressing takes a backseat. I could be totally wrong though since this is my first regular grading submission. 

4 hours ago, PKJ said:

The WT has shown delivered via USPS since the 16th, just has not shown up as received in my submissions so I assume it got trapped in regular orders although it was a single box with the correct markings on it.

The 16th of April, correct?  Yuck.

I have a working theory that CGC is out of magazine encapsulation supplies.

It is the only reason I can come up with for why both my Eastman signing (been at Encapsulation for over 3 weeks according to CGC customer service and despite been listed as Scheduled for Grading) and Magazine Walkthrough Press & Grade (still sitting at Received since 4/11/2021 - even with new TATs well over a week late) submissions are significantly delayed.

I've given up trying to get any sense or comfort from CGC Customer Service.

9 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

The 16th of April, correct?  Yuck.

Correct. And I see some people trying to rationalize or base theories, I honestly think at this point it is grab as much money as you can while this hobby is on fire. Risk the losses on repeat customers for the instant cash grab. 

Just now, PKJ said:

Correct. And I see some people trying to rationalize or base theories, I honestly think at this point it is grab as much money as you can while this hobby is on fire. Risk the losses on repeat customers for the instant cash grab. 

Yep, get as much money out of every as you can. The die hard will always stay around for repeat submissions.  

6 hours ago, Every Day A Story said:

It is the only reason I can come up with for why both my Eastman signing (been at Encapsulation for over 3 weeks according to CGC customer service and despite been listed as Scheduled for Grading) and Magazine Walkthrough Press & Grade (still sitting at Received since 4/11/2021 - even with new TATs well over a week late) submissions are significantly delayed.

I have a press and grade walkthrough (for both services) sitting at received since 4/21

If this is the case, I will be asking to be billed differently on the grading.

7 hours ago, Every Day A Story said:

I believe CGC holds magazines until they get enough to warrant switching over the encapsulation machines. This was the way it was expressed to me in the past. 

9 minutes ago, joeypost said:

I believe CGC holds magazines until they get enough to warrant switching over the encapsulation machines. This was the way it was expressed to me in the past. 

I think this made sense in the past. But I have a hard time believing they don't have the volume on magazines coming in at this point where they need to stockpile them. Maybe with the added fees they can buy a few more machines and dedicate some of them to magazines. :facepalm: