• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Willbert said:

15 Book - Modern

Delivered: 02/24

Received:  03/17

SFG:       05/13

G/Q:       05/17

Shipped:

Woo Hoo!

Is this slow track? Mine received 3/26 should be coming up soon :wishluck:

:tink: 

I get the sense that a lot of sellers will be extremely unhappy come this fall / winter when the seller's market eventually slows down, and all the books they sent in to be pressed/graded just sit in their inventory. This is not CGC's problem, but if you're quadrupling the amount of books you send in to take advantage of the hot market, it's really deflating when you don't get the books back from CGC until later this year.

Walkthrough 

Delivered -Via USPS 4-16

Received-

SFG-

G/QC-

Shipped-

Express -Press + Express Grading

Delivered -Via Fedex 4-29 and signed for by DPerez

Received- 5-4

SFG-5-17

G/QC-

Shipped-

4 minutes ago, wombat said:

What is happening here? Shouldn't this only take a few days?

If that is the case, maybe the amount of books in the system for Walk Thru is that high now. In addition, due to Covid protocols, they may have to reduce the number of books they can process via Walk Thru per day.

Edited by kimik

9 minutes ago, wombat said:

What is happening here? Shouldn't this only take a few days?

As it was explained to me, I called that Monday after it arrived and they said "we are 4-5 days pulling receiving including WT" So I wanted 4-5 days nothing, called back and got we don't have time to look for one box and you must not have marked it correctly. It is a pretty pricey book so it had to go WT, now who knows when it shows up. I suspect they will at some point start working 5-12 deliveries and hopefully someone spots the WT box. 

Since I had trouble with that one I used FEDEX for the Express, as you can see it is moving so not sure if that had anything to do with it.

56 minutes ago, skybolt said:

I get the sense that a lot of sellers will be extremely unhappy come this fall / winter when the seller's market eventually slows down, and all the books they sent in to be pressed/graded just sit in their inventory. 

I kind of think this is extending the hot market, because it's producing a trickle of new books to replace what Stimmy bought up, as opposed to a glut within couple months' time. I've had a few on my watchlist that have disappeared and I think I may have to jump on next appearance for sale :/ Not to mention the anecdotes I've seen of, "paid too much, but buy now or never per cost increases or diminishing supply."

4 minutes ago, PKJ said:

As it was explained to me, I called that Monday after it arrived and they said "we are 4-5 days pulling receiving including WT" So I wanted 4-5 days nothing, called back and got we don't have time to look for one box and you must not have marked it correctly. It is a pretty pricey book so it had to go WT, now who knows when it shows up. I suspect they will at some point start working 5-12 deliveries and hopefully someone spots the WT box. 

Since I had trouble with that one I used FEDEX for the Express, as you can see it is moving so not sure if that had anything to do with it.

You didn’t Mark it WT? Or did I misread that part 

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

You didn’t Mark it WT? Or did I misread that part 

"They" said it was not marked properly, I did not take a pic of that box, but this is an example of how I mark them.

ASM 129 box.jpg

So its 4-5 days pulling received and the TAT listed for WT is 4 days. So you have to hope they find the box and then hope they are within that time frame. Good luck to all. 

Edited by wombat

7 minutes ago, wombat said:

So its 4-5 days pulling received and the TAT listed for WT is 4 days. So you have to hope they find the box and then hope they are within that time frame. Good luck to all. 

The 4-5 days until received is what they told me on the 20th of April, they did say it would go straight through once received so this was before the TAT of 4 days. And to be fair, there have been others behind me who sent in WT that went smooth and reported 1 day turnaround, I however have not been as lucky. It is just a run of the mill X-men 1.

40 minutes ago, PKJ said:

The 4-5 days until received is what they told me on the 20th of April, they did say it would go straight through once received so this was before the TAT of 4 days. And to be fair, there have been others behind me who sent in WT that went smooth and reported 1 day turnaround, I however have not been as lucky. It is just a run of the mill X-men 1.

You shouldn't have to be "lucky" to get the service you paid for. I think most of us would expect from any company we deal with in this type of situation is some kind discount/credit. 

39 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

one thing they should reconsider to maybe make up for all these delays, don't charge it until it's graded. 

charging up front and then waiting 5 months is bs

100% this. I'm not sure about others but they've also been charging me asap for prescreens. So far I'm prepaid on 150 prescreen books so not sure what they're going to do with the credit for any rejects when I don't renew my sub on 6/23.

5 minutes ago, lotofsilver said:

100% this. I'm not sure about others but they've also been charging me asap for prescreens. So far I'm prepaid on 150 prescreen books so not sure what they're going to do with the credit for any rejects when I don't renew my sub on 6/23.

this is a mistake. they shouldn't be doing this on prescreens. I would call them and they can correct it. it happened to me once and it was due to a clerical error in how the orders are seen on the system by accounting. they can't tell it's a prescreen and process it like a regular sub.

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

this is a mistake. they shouldn't be doing this on prescreens. I would call them and they can correct it. it happened to me once and it was due to a clerical error in how the orders are seen on the system by accounting. they can't tell it's a prescreen and process it like a regular sub.

I called them the first time it happened (50 books) and they told me something similar but didn't offer to correct anything and just said I'd get a credit for any rejects.... then it happened again (50) and again on the next one (50). 

At the time I wasn't too concerned as I was sending 50 books a month but since the massive backlog and fee increase I've stopped submitting so it has me wondering where it goes from here.