• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Point Five said:

"Sure, that's no problem. Our guy is on his way down to the walkthrough section right now."

warehouse-raiders.thumb.jpeg.c747fcd8ed26b068f6bce3c74de33ea0.jpeg

For my next WalkThru shipment I'll be using this glow in the dark tape................I'm only half kidding.

image.png.9f2577a99ee0246bb46f643564995756.png

3 hours ago, skybolt said:

I get the sense that a lot of sellers will be extremely unhappy come this fall / winter when the seller's market eventually slows down, and all the books they sent in to be pressed/graded just sit in their inventory. This is not CGC's problem, but if you're quadrupling the amount of books you send in to take advantage of the hot market, it's really deflating when you don't get the books back from CGC until later this year.

I always wondered about pressed books as well. If I have a comic pressed but not graded for another 3 to 5 months, do I not run the risk of the book reverting back? 

2 minutes ago, Nazirite said:

I always wondered about pressed books as well. If I have a comic pressed but not graded for another 3 to 5 months, do I not run the risk of the book reverting back? 

It depends on who presses the books. If done correctly by professionals then it will not revert back. Even for quick press I imagine the process taking a few minutes, but the books left in the presser for an hour or 2 to take shape.

I am pretty naïve to how the whole pressing thing works, but do they really revert back to pre pressing condition in such a short time? Because that sounds horrible. 

1 minute ago, wombat said:

I am pretty naïve to how the whole pressing thing works, but do they really revert back to pre pressing condition in such a short time? Because that sounds horrible. 

As I noted above, if pressed by professionals, the books will stay in the post pressed condition. This is one of the reasons why I don't buy my own presser. I don't trust myself to do a good thorough job.

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

"Sure, that's no problem. Our guy is on his way down to the walkthrough section right now."

warehouse-raiders.thumb.jpeg.c747fcd8ed26b068f6bce3c74de33ea0.jpeg

But I think I see my box from this angle, They must only come from the other side.

MY CGC box.jpg

5 hours ago, PKJ said:

"They" said it was not marked properly, I did not take a pic of that box, but this is an example of how I mark them.

ASM 129 box.jpg

Going to very blunt.  That way is a sure fire way you won't get noticed in the sea of brown boxes.

Should it be noticed?  Yes

Does just writing it with a black marker blend in when they are working very fast? Yes

I mailed a Express (EX) box last Tuesday Priority Mail, it was entered into CGC and my account today.  Less than a week.  Delivered on Friday, in my account Monday.

4 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Going to very blunt.  That way is a sure fire way you won't get noticed in the sea of brown boxes.

Should it be noticed?  Yes

Does just writing it with a black marker blend in when they are working very fast? Yes

I mailed a Express (EX) box last Tuesday Priority Mail, it was entered into CGC and my account today.  Less than a week.  Delivered on Friday, in my account Monday.

I will be blunt.

Well that one WAS noticed the white one that was WT has not been and it was sent exactly as your EX. The EX was delivered on the 29th received on the 5th and SFG today. I actually deliberately did this box this way and used Fedex to see if it changed. Had it not been a book I had for a while I would not have bothered. 

But you are kidding yourself in a customer service industry where the blame gets put on the paying customer to follow a set of rules or be sent to the pit of misery.

19 minutes ago, PKJ said:

I will be blunt.

Well that one WAS noticed the white one that was WT has not been and it was sent exactly as your EX. The EX was delivered on the 29th received on the 5th and SFG today. I actually deliberately did this box this way and used Fedex to see if it changed. Had it not been a book I had for a while I would not have bothered. 

But you are kidding yourself in a customer service industry where the blame gets put on the paying customer to follow a set of rules or be sent to the pit of misery.

Never said it was your fault.  I said it should have been noticed.  Was just saying maybe next Time make the lettering stand out more.  (shrug) 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

10 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Never said it was your fault.  I said it should have been noticed.  Was just saying maybe next Time make the lettering stand out more.  (shrug) 

Fair enough and I was partially joking, I am on amazon looking for the 83 Sharpie Palette and looking for the most striking and visually enticing combos. My next move is to get with Pratt Industries to design a shipping box for me that has embossed WT on every inch of it in 16 different colors. 

But in honesty, Once Joey ships over my orders from him, these are my last submissions. 

31 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

So, I want to follow along these ones in this thread. I will update over the year(s).

Modern Magazine (17)  for CCS and CGC

Received 10/23/20

Billed by CCS 2/11/20

Received by CGC 5/11/21

Scheduled for Grading 5/11/21

Grading/QC 5/12/21

CC billed 5/17/21  :wishluck:

That seems shockingly fast from the time it got to the CGC side of the house. 

1 hour ago, PKJ said:

Fair enough and I was partially joking, I am on amazon looking for the 83 Sharpie Palette and looking for the most striking and visually enticing combos. My next move is to get with Pratt Industries to design a shipping box for me that has embossed WT on every inch of it in 16 different colors. 

But in honesty, Once Joey ships over my orders from him, these are my last submissions. 

You're going to stop submitting books for a while?

Honestly all jokes aside that isn't a bad idea. :wink:

25 minutes ago, wombat said:

That seems shockingly fast from the time it got to the CGC side of the house. 

I know... I was expecting end of Summer with these. Almost all are Love and Rockets (first printings) that have never before been graded by CGC. I can understand future delays with inputing the info.

6 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Anyone have the old prices? I think I was mistakenly charged the new rates 

Please see below.

Comic Books:

Modern $20, FT plus $10; Max Value $200
Value $27, $10; $200
Economy $38, $10; $400

Standard $65; $1000
Express $100; $3000
WalkThrough $Unlimited; 3% of Fair Market Value (Cost: $150 minimum, $5,000 maximum)