• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

I just called to see if I could have my submissions held once they are graded, until I give them an address...since I don't know where I'll be when they are finally graded. I was told I can't really do that yet since there is no  number entered. Mine were delivered and signed for April 19th. I was told they are working on entering packages received on April 5th. 

I guess I'll call or write in June.

4 minutes ago, Gaard said:

It says the 12th on the submission page.

That just changed today, it has been the 5th for almost three weeks. The week of the 12th is pretty important to me so have been watching that data for a few weeks.

:facepalm:

51 minutes ago, wombat said:

Yay! Another private signing announced with 6 week turn around. I would love for CGC to answer the question if that puts everyone already in the que even further behind. 

CGC Announces a Dual Private Signing with Comic Pros, Andrew Kubert and Brian Azzarello!

CGC Welcomes Sara Frazetta for an Exclusive In-House Private Signing Event

CGC Welcomes Back Jim Starlin, Acclaimed Comic Book Artist and Writer, for His First Solo In-House Private Signing

CGC Welcomes Marc Silvestri, Iconic Comic Book Artist, for an In-House Private Signing

CGC Hosts Ultimate Spider-Man Artist Mark Bagley for a Second In-House Private Signing

CGC Welcomes Back Award-Winning Comic Book Writer and Editor Roy Thomas for an In-House Private Signing

This shouldn't impact TAT

Edited by Funnybooks

20 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

:facepalm:

CGC Announces a Dual Private Signing with Comic Pros, Andrew Kubert and Brian Azzarello!

CGC Welcomes Sara Frazetta for an Exclusive In-House Private Signing Event

CGC Welcomes Back Jim Starlin, Acclaimed Comic Book Artist and Writer, for His First Solo In-House Private Signing

CGC Welcomes Marc Silvestri, Iconic Comic Book Artist, for an In-House Private Signing

CGC Hosts Ultimate Spider-Man Artist Mark Bagley for a Second In-House Private Signing

CGC Welcomes Back Award-Winning Comic Book Writer and Editor Roy Thomas for an In-House Private Signing

This shouldn't impact TOT

I honestly feel that CGC's approach is to increase the turnaround times so much, that if in a few months when they go back to what they were pre price change, people will actually be relieved.

It reminds me of a story I read as a kid where the town judge tells a couple complaining about the size of their home, to move all the farm animals in with them. At the end when they've reached their breaking point, he tells them to take out all the animals. Afterwards, the couple is content and feel like their small home is spacious.

1 hour ago, rsouxlja7 said:

It has now been 5 weeks that my Express submission has been at CCS for pressing, not including the nearly 4 weeks that it took to get logged as received. :frustrated:

Why did it sit in receiving for weeks?  Assuming you wrote EX all over the box right?

Maybe I am mistaken, but I swore TAT starts when the package has been delivered to CGC....is that correct? Or does TAT start when the package has been entered as "Received." 

I swore I saw something recently that TAT starts when your package is delivered...it may sit 2 to 4 weeks before it opened and entered....but that timeframe is counted into the total TAT. I could be wrong...

If anyone could clarify, that would be awesome. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Cnelso9 said:

Maybe I am mistaken, but I swore TAT starts when the package has been delivered to CGC....is that correct? Or does TAT start when the package has been entered as "Received." 

I swore I saw something recently that TAT starts when your package is delivered...it may sit 2 to 4 weeks before it opened and entered....but that timeframe is counted into the total TAT. I could be wrong...

If anyone could clarify, that would be awesome. Thanks. 

I see this on the Services page:

Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today. Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed. Due to high submission volumes, there may be a delay in opening incoming packages. Certain grading tiers are currently experiencing significant delays.

But, these are all just fun estimates anyway, so what is everyone complaining about?

We put up these charts with TAT, that are just estimates, and which we did not have to do.

9 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Yup, called and let them know and they basically said oh well, keep waiting. 

Hmmm, I know many people who said after the box was not pulled they had called and it was found and pulled that same business day once they talked to CGC rep.

15 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Hmmm, I know many people who said after the box was not pulled they had called and it was found and pulled that same business day once they talked to CGC rep.

I got the exact same response, Sorry we can not go looking for one box, here is the exact response in writing in the Ask CGC forums. I did spit my water out when reading their risk was completing submissions as quickly as possible.

Once your package is opened, it will be processed under the tier selected. 

CGC is not able to accommodate requests to pull submissions because this would divert critical resources from completing submissions as quickly as possible.

They did answer the phone when I called, Which they did not have to.

4 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

It probably depends on who you get when you call and how their day is going lol 

I doubt that, I just called and spoke to Jennifer, she stated the exact same thing again, she would send in a ticket to the receiving team but they are getting so many packages (she said 20K) that mine was probably missed because it does not show in the look up scan tool which also points that it did not matter what was written on it. She said it is probably in the middle of the pallet for that days receiving and I would probably have to wait until they have finished that day.