• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, wombat said:

CGC is almost certainly at fault for not catching the box and then they refuse to fix the situation because they don't have the resources to find a box. This is crazy town, right? You shouldn't be running a business like this. 

That's why I mentioned previously that they should've waited on increasing their prices until they were caught up with the TAT's. Now they're completely overwhelmed.

14 minutes ago, wombat said:

I'm no rocket surgeon but maybe they should hire a few more folks to deal with the increased volume. 

And risk cutting into all their profits from this booming demand? I could only hope so! They are sitting on a HUGE load of money there, especially with everyone and their mother submitting a few weeks ago to beat the price increases. And as CGC has made abundantly clear, once CGC has our books, there's no getting them back until CGC says they're done. To be fair, we should all know what we signed up for when we submitted, as we hear again and again that turnaround times are "estimates".

Confident in saying I won't be submitting any more books for my personal collection once I get these pending ones returned to me. CGC has made it clear they value profit over service. Thankfully my membership is expiring in September (which is probably a month or two after I'll be getting my books back).  Doesn't feel right whatsoever supporting a company that's freely holding our property hostage because of  "estimates" (shrug)

25 minutes ago, wombat said:

I'm no rocket surgeon but maybe they should hire a few more folks to deal with the increased volume. 

Especially if it's just opening the boxes and recording the items inside. Some additional temp workers for a 6 month period should suffice. This is not like training someone to grade books.

Odd...I sent in a submission in March, it was listed as "Received" on 4/6/21. Ok, that's to be expected. It's still in "Received" status.

I sent another submission a few weeks later, mid-April, and it not only shows up today under "Submission Status" but it went right into "Scheduled for Grading" status, even though it even says it was received on 5/18/21. 

cgc.JPG

7 minutes ago, graffix13 said:

Odd...I sent in a submission in March, it was listed as "Received" on 4/6/21. Ok, that's to be expected. It's still in "Received" status.

I sent another submission a few weeks later, mid-April, and it not only shows up today under "Submission Status" but it went right into "Scheduled for Grading" status, even though it even says it was received on 5/18/21. 

cgc.JPG

Seems to be a common occurrence lately, which is causing a lot of us to questions this whole "First In, First Out" policy that CGC advertises. Same thing happened to me:
image.thumb.png.02ab8758396be50c3f3915e74f29040d.png

I think at some undetermined point in April, the system changed and packages opened now go directly to SFG. But packages opened 3/25 or 4/6 would still be 'received' since they were opened before the changeover.

5 hours ago, Gaard said:

It says the 12th on the submission page.

I posted about 60 seconds after I spoke to the person on the phone, maybe he was reading from yesterday's -script? It doesn't matter to me, I was planning on getting them within 6 months. I'm not sure that is going to happen, so I just want to have them held so they don't go somewhere I'm not.

Since my 12/21 MST press submission is at 102 business days, I assume that CCS does not take the wait time between delivered and received into consideration when determining TAT's. Either that or the books have been pressed (I was charged 3 weeks ago) and ae sitting in limbo between pressing and grading. 

Edited by skybolt

15 minutes ago, Asianassassincomics said:

My Economy submission moved to SFG today, 5/18. 

And apparently now that means nothing considering mine went directly to SFG.