• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

Books submitted to modern FT:

Received 3/28

They had the holiday and WonderCon, so we'll see what the updates will be like this week.

Received 3/28

Verified 4/1

4/6-- Status unchanged and still at verified. Going on seven biz days.

4/9 -- Status unchanged and still at verified. Going on nine biz days.

4/10 -- Status updated-- scheduled for grading. 10 biz days

4/12 Status updated -- GRADED. 12 biz days

Another status update-- Quality Control! Look at you, CGC! You're flying! You're still two days late.

4/15-- Still at QC. 13 biz days.

4/18 Still at QC. 15 biz days. Joke. Joke. Joke. Joke. Joke.

Edited by ComicsNYC22

Received 3/28

They had the holiday and WonderCon, so we'll see what the updates will be like this week.

Received 3/28

Verified 4/1

4/6-- Status unchanged and still at verified. Going on seven biz days.

4/9 -- Status unchanged and still at verified. Going on nine biz days.

4/10 -- Status updated-- scheduled for grading. 10 biz days

4/12 Status updated -- GRADED. 12 biz days

Another status update-- Quality Control! Look at you, CGC! You're flying! You're still two days late.

4/15-- Still at QC. 13 biz days.

4/15 Still at QC. 15 biz days. Joke. Joke. Joke. Joke. Joke.

So by adding new graders and an entire second shift staff, we've managed to...yes, get Fast Track submissions behind for the first time in the history of the company.

:mad:

They're losing their credibility by the day and the only reason they're continuing to get business is because their competitors are so awful. I know they're working hard, but this is such a turn off to people new to the industry like me.

Do they handle invoices separately for an order or at the same time? I have one invoice for 4 standard coupon and another for 19 modern but both are sitting at received since 3/22/2013.

Once the late FT tier gets everyone good and pissed, prepare for the announcement about the new "Super Fast Track" which will let you actually get your Fast Tracks on time for an extra $25 per book. (thumbs u

Once the late FT tier gets everyone good and pissed, prepare for the announcement about the new "Super Fast Track" which will let you actually get your Fast Tracks on time for an extra $25 per book. (thumbs u

That's sweet. I can pay $50 to Fast Track a Modern that I probably can't sell for $35 after slabbing. Well, its a loss, but I'll make it up in volume and time saved.

They're losing their credibility by the day and the only reason they're continuing to get business is because their competitors are so awful. I know they're working hard, but this is such a turn off to people new to the industry like me.

As a recent subscriber to CGC. I will say that this is kinda of a turn off. We pay for a membership and we have to pay a premium to fast track our books just so we can get them back in the "regular" time frame for a regular submission?

I agree they continue to get business because their competitors are awful. At least with sports cards there were two legit grading companies in BGS and PSA. CGC has a monopoly in the grading world and we pretty much have no choice but to wait it out and hope timeframes are improved.

I really feel the pain for those people that have to wait more than half a year to get books back.

PGX lookin better and better...this *spoons* me off. They received mine before yours how are mine still sitting at Verified? and I did fast track

Uh... wut?

No matter how slow, PGX cannot look better than CGC...

For TNITK -

CGC= professional company out of Sarasota, FL

PGX= fly-by-night "company" out of some guys' moms garage.

Seriously.

-slym

Does it really matter when you're just flipping the books? I've never submitted or bought a PGX but I can see the advantage of using them for flipping. Time is money. By the time a flipper gets a book back from CGC, money can definately be lost. Hot books don't stay hot forever.

PGX lookin better and better...this *spoons* me off. They received mine before yours how are mine still sitting at Verified? and I did fast track

Uh... wut?

For TNITK -

Seriously.

-slym

Does it really matter when you're just flipping the books? I've never submitted or bought a PGX but I can see the advantage of using them for flipping. Time is money. By the time a flipper gets a book back from CGC, money can definately be lost. Hot books don't stay hot forever.

Considering the market value for PGX books is about the same as raw books, I can't :gossip:

Uh... wut?

For TNITK -

Seriously.

-slym

Considering the market value for PGX books is about the same as raw books, I can't :gossip:

+1 - I'd rather flip raws

Thats not the point. A profit can be made using another grading company.

It doesn't matter - that "other" grading company is a scam.

People who slab & sell PGX books prey on the ignorance of their buyers, on them not being aware that the "company" (and I'm using that term loosely) is a couple of dudes in a garage grading and slabbing books they purchased themselves and will later resell on eBay. What they're doing is borderline criminal and anyone who knowingly supports their activities is a grade-a scumbag.

Thats not the point. A profit can be made using another grading company.

It doesn't matter - that "other" grading company is a scam.

People who slab & sell PGX books prey on the ignorance of their buyers, on them not being aware that the "company" (and I'm using that term loosely) is a couple of dudes in a garage grading and slabbing books they purchased themselves and will later resell on eBay. What they're doing is borderline criminal and anyone who knowingly supports their activities is a grade-a scumbag.

At least their turn around rate is quicker