• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

I send somewhere between 15 and 25 books on the 15th of each month modern, no fast track. So far my books from February are scheduled for grading, my books for March haven't even been verified and my books from April haven't gotten in the system yet.

Quit yer whining.

I look forward to meeting you next year.

Considering I have 7 books being FT'd and just over 1,000 regular I like the emphasis on the latter. ;)

Quit yer whining.

FU, Greggy :sumo:

Suck it, dumbarse

Suck what?

Dice, Dice, Dice... If you had to ask the question, you wouldn't like understand the answer

Have a Stan Lee economy sent in late Jan. As of April 17, it's been graded and awaiting encapsulation and QC. They said about 4-5 more weeks!!! Ugh, cant get grade either. I love waiting on books but hate the anxiety!

Recently charged a $5.00 handling fee for dropping off a book in person. After picking

up the book ask for grader notes and told a $10.00 fee applied. This company is

only concerned about money.

CGC charges $10 for graders notes? Really?

Recently charged a $5.00 handling fee for dropping off a book in person. After picking

Yup

Yup

$5 for Economy, Value and Modern books.

Yup

$5 for Economy, Value and Modern books.

Still ridiculous.

Modern FT is the major reason why there is a "backup". They are offering 10 day turn around for $28/book. On the other hand we have economy at 7 months and $35/book. Why should the cheaper tier get first billing? because 9.8 subscription dealers are sending in hundreds of books every month and I bet the majority of convention subs are moderns. Nothing adds up.

Doesn't matter. They're changing their song mid-stroke.

I looked at a calendar and determined WHEN I needed the books back to me and paid what I had to pay to get them here. From the beginning Fast Track has never been late and CGC initially guaranteed the books would be shipped by the stated turnarounds on all Fast Track submissions.

Now, through no fault of my own, MY plans are being changed even though we were told that CGC hired more graders, employed a second shift AND that turnarounds were getting better.

:mad:

37084046.jpg

lol do what i do when i call in asking about a sub when it should be back in my hands, i just say "so it should be 6-8mo's before i get them back right" they say something then i go "ya well the turn around times don't seem to be going down and only going up"

as for their answer for FT not being on time bc of con season......as good retort would have been it's not con season about 3-4mo's out of the year and they can't even catch up during the down mo's so they just keep digging the hole their in

honestly thinking next time they go for raising prices i'm going to call and ask as a costumer what am i going to recive for the upped price and why did they fell it was warrented when they can't even handel the load they have currently in a timely manner

WonderCon 2013 Books (3/29 - 3/31):

Modern Fast Track:

Received - 4/3

Scheduled for Grading - TBD

Graded / Graded - Quality Control - TBD

Verified - 4/9

Graded - 4/16

Based on that, it looks like they're ahead of schedule. I count 9 business days.

Does anyone know how long it takes from being graded to go through encapsulation to quality control?

Right now? - One to two weeks.

Or three

The concentration seems to be on regular subs.

I was told my FT could take another 3 weeks. They've been there one week already. So that's four weeks just to get FT in a slab.

But they'll be at C2E2 taking submissions. Don't worry. Turnarounds are getting better.

And here I thought I would get my FAST TRACK books before May. Thanks guys!

That is pretty scary, I mean you pay the extra cash for FT and it doesn't even matter. I totally agree about the grader notes too. Problem is it would take massive cooperation to get them to change, they're always going to be somewhat PC and say times are improving and we hired more graders. If we as the consumer went to PGX by the hundreds then maybe something would happen. Slym was right, they pretty much have the market cornered. PGX has what, 10% of of graded books. Of course I have no data and that's my guess, but I'll see tons of CGC slabs before I see a single PGX. They will never change until the consumers force them to, and the more we complain about times, they will hire more people and jack up prices to pay for them. Even Classics incorporated jacked up the price when CGC bought them out. What can we do? They're running a business sure, and they are there to make a profit, but like some of you said, it's all greed and there's something to be said about Customer Service, which they lack.....

That is pretty scary, I mean you pay the extra cash for FT and it doesn't even matter. I totally agree about the grader notes too. Problem is it would take massive cooperation to get them to change, they're always going to be somewhat PC and say times are improving and we hired more graders. If we as the consumer went to PGX by the hundreds then maybe something would happen. Slym was right, they pretty much have the market cornered. PGX has what, 10% of of graded books. Of course I have no data and that's my guess, but I'll see tons of CGC slabs before I see a single PGX. They will never change until the consumers force them to, and the more we complain about times, they will hire more people and jack up prices to pay for them. Even Classics incorporated jacked up the price when CGC bought them out. What can we do? They're running a business sure, and they are there to make a profit, but like some of you said, it's all greed and there's something to be said about Customer Service, which they lack.....

I'll wager that PGX has less than .1% of the market.