• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

Modern Slow Track (5 Books)

Rec'd 5/26

Verified 6/27

Scheduled for grading 6/28

Graded 8/22

Maybe my modern prescreen from may 11th will start to move soon.

I hope so.I never had books be sfg for so long

son of a person_without_enough_empathy they moved to graded today :banana: now how long is the QC wait hm this could be the longest I've had books at cgc in a while.

Modern Slow Track (5 Books)

Rec'd 5/26

Verified 6/27

Scheduled for grading 6/28

Graded 8/22

Maybe my modern prescreen from may 11th will start to move soon.

I hope so.I never had books be sfg for so long

son of a person_without_enough_empathy they moved to graded today :banana: now how long is the QC wait hm this could be the longest I've had books at cgc in a while.

Nice! Good news for both of us today :grin: I'm hoping by next week they ship or at least QC. I like pre screening. Going to have to another one of those soon

Is CGC grading leniently later? I have noticed some 9.8 SA coming back that look very questionable. A few of them were previously 9.4s.
I haven't subbed any silver age lately, but I'm going to have to agree with some of the other recent posters on this thread. Grading is a smidge tight right now. At least for copper and moderns

I can't complain about the turnaround time on my modern slow track. My submission arrived and was checked in on May 20th and just arrived to my local post office today. I was iffy on whether a few would get 9.8s but all but one of the 16 comics I submitted got top grade. I tend to grade harshly so I can't really comment on whether their grading was particularly tight. I will say that I was pleasantly surprised the Outcast #1 Photo Cover Edition came back a 9.8 as there was one tiny, tiny color breaking stress line along the spine (extremely common for this book so maybe that's why it still got 9.8?).

I can't complain about the turnaround time on my modern slow track. My submission arrived and was checked in on May 20th and just arrived to my local post office today. I was iffy on whether a few would get 9.8s but all but one of the 16 comics I submitted got top grade. I tend to grade harshly so I can't really comment on whether their grading was particularly tight. I will say that I was pleasantly surprised the Outcast #1 Photo Cover Edition came back a 9.8 as there was one tiny, tiny color breaking stress line along the spine (extremely common for this book so maybe that's why it still got 9.8?).
Thats great to hear. Congrats on the grades! If yours were received the 20th hopefully mine will be done soon since they checked in on the 26th

These TAT are just awful.. they used to start picking back up around September, that doesn't seem likely.
From what I understand the amount that came in from SDCC was pretty epic

When I called the other day regarding TAT for MFT, they said it was looking at 6 weeks.