• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

125 Moderns All arrived at CGC - 35 calendar days. 10 weekend days and 3 holidays.

SO they only took 22 work days. WAY fast.

12/14/2016

All sets shipped today 1/18/2016

VERY VERY FAST!!!!

Love the speed. Very hard on the grades.

45 graded 9.8

43 graded 9.6 (jesus really?) (I know this was brought up before about LOTS more 9.6's)

19 Graded 9.4 or less.

Expect HARD grading is all I can say.

Elektra101

Edited by elektra101

I just had 48 out of 58 books pass 9.8 prescreen (shrug)

Anyone else notice the newton rings getting worse again?

You are doing something right or dealing in just hot off the shelf books. My last couple submissions are in line with his numbers (45% 9.8s, 40% 9.6s and 15% other).

You are doing something right or dealing in just hot off the shelf books. My last couple submissions are in line with his numbers (45% 9.8s, 40% 9.6s and 15% other).

It was a mix of coppers and moderns. Maybe pre-screening helps?

It was a mix of coppers and moderns. Maybe pre-screening helps?

That's was a 9.6 and above pre-screening lol I find I can sell most 9.6s quickly for at least what I was asking for the book raw once I take out the grading fees so I don't mind getting them. I'd of course love to get 80% 9.8s like you got but it has not worked out that way lately.

3 books Modern Fast Track:

Recieved/Invoice date--01/03/17

Shipped--01/16/17

13 total days! :applause:

1 9.9 and 2 9.8's

Hot damn - nice grades.

When CGC posts "shipped/safe," does that mean the books are in the mail as of the date posted? If so, does CGC provide tracking information?

If you have multiple submissions (using different tiers) and one is marked shipped/safe, but the others are still "verified," does that ever mean that the "shipped/safe" one is in holding until the others are finished, so they can be sent together?

When CGC posts "shipped/safe," does that mean the books are in the mail as of the date posted? If so, does CGC provide tracking information?

If you have multiple submissions (using different tiers) and one is marked shipped/safe, but the others are still "verified," does that ever mean that the "shipped/safe" one is in holding until the others are finished, so they can be sent together?

If you see "shipped/safe" this means you'll see a shipment overview with tracking number in a day or two. Books ship at the invoice level so books in other tiers will not hold up shipment unless you work something out with CGC.

If an order has shipped, I get a shipping notification at the end of the business day with tracking. If an order is sitting in the safe, a few reasons are; awaiting payment, awaiting another order for return shipping.

If an order has shipped, I get a shipping notification at the end of the business day with tracking. If an order is sitting in the safe, a few reasons are; awaiting payment, awaiting another order for return shipping.

Thank you. I have a "shipped/safe" item with a date, but it's been a couple weeks with no tracking etc. So I think CGC is just holding it until it can ship everything together. (I could call CGC to figure this out, of course, but figured it would be something people here would want to know.)

25 Modern Pre-Screen - Verified 1/26/17

25 Modern Pre-Screen - Verified 1/26/17

24 Value - Verified 1/26/17

Lets see which batch get shipped first.

I was just checking CGC web site and saw the NEW turn around times

Modern 20 days NOW! WOW!!!!

Fast Track 10 days!

Econ and Value 26 days.

They stepped up and got things ON Time and early for others.

Elektra101

--they are super quick these days...25 books slow value...never had a slow boat sub go this fast...

---delivered 12-27-16.....verified 12-28-16....scheduled 1-26-17.....graded 1-27-17....QC 1-30-17....shipped safe ??....