• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,954 posts in this topic

Mine were submitted to CCS through LCS in early January and then on to CGC, they got to be a CGC by now, right? Well time to call the LCS, it was the longest teir TAT.

If CGC is moving quickly should be soon. Its been 10 1/2 to 11 1/2 weeks ;) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Yes. In their efforts to speed up the turnaround times they have evidently outsourced the grading of Moderns to whoever grades for MyComicShop.

It's been absurd some of the grades I've received. 

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Mine were submitted to CCS through LCS in early January and then on to CGC, they got to be a CGC by now, right? Well time to call the LCS, it was the longest teir TAT.

If CGC is moving quickly should be soon. Its been 10 1/2 to 11 1/2 weeks ;) 

Why not just submit it yourself?

Just now, GaSouthernGrad said:

Why not just submit it yourself?

I don't know, I should lol but I don't send that much and my LCS only charges me what they're charged. I haven't had the will to submit on my own or to get my own account. Whenever, I get money enough to buy the level of CGC I want, I end up spending it on my collection. Plus I don't sell, lame excuse, but I'm not familiar with packaging etc. I am a little nervous to do it on my own, because I've been satisfied with the LCS and have been using them for a couple of years. I know that I should :) 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't know, I should lol but I don't send that much and my LCS only charges me what they're charged. I haven't had the will to submit on my own or to get my own account. Whenever, I get money enough to buy the level of CGC I want, I end up spending it on my collection. Plus I don't sell, lame excuse, but I'm not familiar with packaging etc. I am a little nervous to do it on my own, because I've been satisfied with the LCS and have been using them for a couple of years. I know that I should :) 

Don't be afraid of the packaging.  As long as you can slap two pieces of cardboard around a comic and wrap it in bubble wrap then you are good.

5 minutes ago, GaSouthernGrad said:

Don't be afraid of the packaging.  As long as you can slap two pieces of cardboard around a comic and wrap it in bubble wrap then you are good.

Then I might do that, is the form pretty straightforward? I mean for first timers? The LCS was charging me like $40 per modern, so I'd probably save some money on my own account lol but haven't worked out the math, for as mentioned: bubble rap, cardboard, shipping to and from, what insurane etc. It just always seems a hassle, I know you get some kind of percentage discount though so (don't laugh or scold I'm a little embarrased about the whole thing) I'm probably losing money at the LCS...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, Brittany M. said:

CCS has updated its turn times!

Here is where CCS is operating for each tier of service:

Quick-Press: 6 weeks (30 Business Days)

Regular Press: 8-9 weeks (40-45 Business Days)

Fast-Track Press: 4-6 weeks (20-30 Business Days)

Standard: 3-4 weeks (15-20 Business Days)

Express: 3 weeks (15 Business Days)

Walk-thru: 2-3 weeks (10-15 Business Days)

Screening: 5-6 weeks (25-30 Business Days)

Thanks Brittany!

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Then I might do that, is the form pretty straightforward? I mean for first timers? The LCS was charging me like $40 per modern, so I'd probably save some money on my own account lol but haven't worked out the math, for as mentioned: bubble rap, cardboard, shipping to and from, what insurane etc. It just always seems a hassle, I know you get some kind of percentage discount though so (don't laugh or scold I'm a little embarrased about the whole thing) I'm probably losing money at the LCS...

The new online form makes it very easy for beginners to submit.  It is a smart form so you don't have to pick your tiers, it will show you which tier your book fits into.

You can also track everything yourself with your own account.

2 hours ago, Brittany M. said:

I can verify this.  I sent two standard books to CCS that were marked at CCS on 3/6.  They went to received at CGC on 3/25.

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

As someone else said, the new online form makes it a lot easier. Just fill it out, print, and put it in the box.  

For cardboard I get a free flat rate box from the post office and cut it up. A big roll of bubble wrap is a few bucks. A modern cost depending on what subscription you have is around $15 a book plus shipping to grade. I usually submit at least 5 at a time to reduce all that hassle.

5 hours ago, Brittany M. said:

The new online form makes it very easy for beginners to submit.  It is a smart form so you don't have to pick your tiers, it will show you which tier your book fits into.

You can also track everything yourself with your own account.

Unless the new online form doesn't work...then you have to go back to the old-fashioned way

Here are two different modern slow -track submissions:

------------------------------------

1st Sub Invoiced: 02/27/2017

1st Sub Shipped: 03/09/2017

2nd Sub Invoiced 03/14/2017

2nd Sub Graded 03/24/2017

2nd Sub Graded/Quality Control 03/28/2017

2nd Sub Shipped 03/29/2017

Still fast in my book.

Edited by Twisted_Road
updated ship date

19 hours ago, Brittany M. said:

I hadn't submitted books for a loooong time due to turnaround times. I recently did 3 submissions at different tiers and was VERY happy with the turnaround...and the grading did seem a little tight but not ridiculously tight.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:36 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Is it me or is CGC being super tight on grading moderns

its been silly the last 2 subs

I liked this

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:36 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Is it me or is CGC being super tight on grading moderns

its been silly the last 2 subs

I'm tempted to take all the 9.8 rejects from my last batch and sub them to others and see how many come back 9.8.  There is being tight to make a point and then there is just being crazy.

34 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I'm tempted to take all the 9.8 rejects from my last batch and sub them to others and see how many come back 9.8.  There is being tight to make a point and then there is just being crazy.

My last Modern submission had two slam dunk 9.6s. One came back a 9.2 and the other 9.8. So...yeah.