• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

When I was at the post office on Monday, I asked if it was ok to ship to Sarasota. She looked it up on her computer and said there weren't any problems.

FYI - Shipped/Safe, from what I understand, means your order has either shipped (if you want it shipped back to you) or put in their safe (if you are going to pick it up).

5 minutes ago, Gaard said:

When I was at the post office on Monday, I asked if it was ok to ship to Sarasota. She looked it up on her computer and said there weren't any problems.

FYI - Shipped/Safe, from what I understand, means your order has either shipped (if you want it shipped back to you) or put in their safe (if you are going to pick it up).

Mine definitely said shipped then :)

Dropped off two modern books at SDCC - regular, not fast track. 

Got them today 9/13   This is the fastest I've ever got a slow boat modern graded from being dropped at SDCC ..  

i think it used to be around thanksgiving when I'd get them.  

Edited by Awax

21 hours ago, Gaard said:

Is it standard to get verified immediately when using the online form? I just sent a 2 book value submission a couple of days ago and it just today was entered into the system ... as verified. The previous value submissions all took about 2 months to get verified, but this was the first time I used the online form.

Yes I believe they just scan the form.  Then they do an actual check when it gets to grading, so any mistakes on the senders part will delay the process.  I forgot to add a book to the list once.  Delayed me.

I've got 21 books in for "Value" grading right now.  They were received/invoiced on 7-11.

18 of them went to CCS for pressing and the status still says "at CCS"

The other 3 are at CGC and are "verified".

I'm sure Irma has probably slowed everything down a little (or a lot), but I'm starting to get a little antsy.

How long do books usually stay at CCS for pressing?  Mine have been there for slightly over 2 months now.

Does UPS Ground deliver on Saturdays?

I'm getting something back from cgc, and it is at the place that the UPS would deliver from in Dallas... But it just got here and it won't go out today.

For some odd reason it still has expected delivery next Tuesday hahaha

On 9/14/2017 at 6:08 PM, gadzukes said:

I've got 21 books in for "Value" grading right now.  They were received/invoiced on 7-11.

I'm sure Irma has probably slowed everything down a little (or a lot), but I'm starting to get a little antsy.

How long do books usually stay at CCS for pressing?  Mine have been there for slightly over 2 months now.

CCS tats may need their own thread

Edited by Junkdrawer

On 9/14/2017 at 6:08 PM, gadzukes said:

I'm with you. First time using CCS -- no movement since received on 7/10.

Honestly, if I'd known it would take this long I would have gone to Joey instead.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, vitacura said:

First time submitting comics for grading. 10 modern issues (Regular Track) submitted via Express Drop off at Tampa Comic Con.

Dropped off at Con: 7/29

Received and Verified: 8/1

Latest update:

Dropped off at Con: 7/29

Received and Verified: 8/1

Graded: 9/13

Shipped: 9/18