• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2017 at 1:17 PM, ExNihilo said:

I love the data points provided by everyone here, but I wonder if it would be more informative if we established a standardized format that was easier to follow along with.  And then users could go back and edit their prior posts when new submission data is provided.  For example:

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern

Number of books: 2

Event/Signing date (optional for SS only): SDCC

Shipped to CGC: 7/25

Received (by CGC): 8/3

Verified: TBD

Graded: TBD

Encapsulated: TBD

Received (by owner): TBD

(NOTE: Example dates.  Not actual submission data point.)  2c

The problem is if you go back and edit, then most people won't see your post as they hit the button to take them to the last post read.

10 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

The problem is if you go back and edit, then most people won't see your post as they hit the button to take them to the last post read.

I guess I was thinking since posts are listed chronologically, then you could refer back to the posts that are around the same time as when you submitted to see how your books are faring compared to others.  The point was to really consolidate people's responses and maintain all information together in a format that may be easier to read at quick glance and to eliminate follow up questions like "Did you do FastTrack?  Did you submit Modern or Value?  etc"  Perhaps this could be accomplished by quoting your prior post and updating new information?  I don't have much experience submitting my own books so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by ExNihilo

13 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I guess I was thinking since posts are listed chronologically, then you could refer back to the posts that are around the same time as when you submitted to see how your books are faring compared to others.  The point was to really consolidate people's responses and maintain all information together in a format that may be easier to read at quick glance and to eliminate follow up questions like "Did you do FastTrack?  Did you submit Modern or Value?  etc"  Perhaps this could be accomplished by quoting your prior post and updating new information?  I don't have much experience submitting my own books so any suggestions would be appreciated.

I agree sometimes posters miss information, but most of the time someone comes along with all the info and it gets answered... plus as we learn about the new tier "value" we'll get used to posting it since it takes longer and also the difference between the online form and the paper print out... but you're right it has not been clearly identified why some submissions seem to take longer ???

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

15 hours ago, Gaard said:

My 2-book value submission...

Received - 6/9/17

Verified - 8/8/17

Scheduled For Grading - 8/14/17

Graded - 8/15/17

So based on this, I shouldn't even bother to check my submission for another 2 weeks. I submitted 6 books at the value tier.

Dropped off 6/17/17 at Awesomecon

Received 6/27/17 and still sitting at received

Edited by elove