• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:
9 hours ago, mysterio said:

That would be nice, hopefully my 7/7 value books at received are right behind yours.

Just now- Grading/quality control

Hey hey, will you look at that! I'm verified!!

7 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Hey hey, will you look at that! I'm verified!!

6 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Verified 9/7 :whee:

I think all the stops along the way will vary, but in the end, you should see the grades on the day they say give or take. I was expecting/calculating today, but tomorrow being Fri, well that's acceptable. 

2 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

I think all the stops along the way will vary, but in the end, you should see the grades on the day they say give or take. I was expecting/calculating today, but tomorrow being Fri, well that's acceptable. 

That has been my experience too. I haven't counted business days or compared it to the current estimate, but its going to take as long as it takes. These are keepers anyway so I'm not in a rush other than the suspense of the grades they'll get.

1 minute ago, mysterio said:

That has been my experience too. I haven't counted business days or compared it to the current estimate, but its going to take as long as it takes. These are keepers anyway so I'm not in a rush other than the suspense of the grades they'll get.

Whole heartedly agreed. Suspense is a killer, heck if they graded them on day one and took 6 months to get them shipped, I be happier with that. 

I was excited cause the moved fast on my magazine marvel preview 2, it's already graded and has been in the slab room for a week ugh so I can't get the grade until quality control. I called everyday until the hurricane news, as they were submitted through a facilitator. It was received July 27th.... I think estimated at 40 or 35 business days, so I can't complain. 

I also have a 4 book sub through the LCS that are graded and in the slab room :wishluck: received the 20th of July 

Anyway :shy:

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, vitacura said:

First time submitting comics for grading. 10 modern issues (Regular Track) submitted via Express Drop off at Tampa Comic Con.

Dropped off at Con: 7/29

Received and Verified: 8/1

Been pretty hectic here after the hurricane so haven't checked for an update in about a week. Took a look this morning and now showing as graded!

Dropped off at Con: 7/29

Received and Verified: 8/1

Graded: 9/13 -ish

Is it standard to get verified immediately when using the online form? I just sent a 2 book value submission a couple of days ago and it just today was entered into the system ... as verified. The previous value submissions all took about 2 months to get verified, but this was the first time I used the online form.

Marvel Preview 2 so modern magazine tier

Received July 27th

Shipped September 12th, edit which was yesterday and still says "label created" and no movement....talked to CGC and they said it was "shipped"

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

13 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Is it standard to get verified immediately when using the online form? I just sent a 2 book value submission a couple of days ago and it just today was entered into the system ... as verified. The previous value submissions all took about 2 months to get verified, but this was the first time I used the online form.

All the statuses in between received and shipped/safe are not as much to be concerned about. Count the business days from received and that is when they should be done. Getting caught up on the in between stuff is of no real use. 

27 minutes ago, netherxvoid said:

Has anyone gotten a shipped safe since the hurricane. ?

I posted earlier that my Marvel Preview 2 is tracked as shipped yesterday, but the "tracking" still just says estimated arrival Monday and label created.... I'll check to see what it says on the zipcode look-up/affected on UPS.com

Well because "my" zipcode is not affected.... Idk maybe go to ups.com and try CGC's zipcode? to see if it is affected.

All I know right now is that mine was "label created" on ups tracking since yesterday and still does. I called today to get details and they told me it "shipped" yesterday.....