• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,860 posts in this topic

I called CGC yesterday, they told me they get an ETA sheet every week, moderns are at 8-10 weeks, yet their website said 23 business days. I said "you might want to update the site" they said it's just an estimate.  I didn't feel like arguing with them.  

13 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

I called CGC yesterday, they told me they get an ETA sheet every week, moderns are at 8-10 weeks, yet their website said 23 business days. I said "you might want to update the site" they said it's just an estimate.  I didn't feel like arguing with them.  

You'd think they'd want to limit phone calls by keeping the TATS on the website updated. Estimate or not, there's a big difference between 5 weeks and 8-10.

On 2/26/2018 at 4:10 PM, Pirate said:

Still sitting in graded.  Two days to finish and ship to hit their TATS

Fast track Modern running 15 business days to ship.  Not bad at all during con season.

4 hours ago, Pirate said:

Fast track Modern running 15 business days to ship.  Not bad at all during con season.

Is there a "con season" anymore? Almost seems year round compared to 5-6 years ago. CGC has done fairly well at keeping up on TAT's

10 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Is there a "con season" anymore? Almost seems year round compared to 5-6 years ago. CGC has done fairly well at keeping up on TAT's

March through July seems to be the busiest

Hopefully this isn't too off topic but I was wondering if anyone had some insight into CGC's current grading strictness. Last year this time I submitted close to 100 books and the grading seemed to be pretty tight, tighter then normal id say. I remember others feeling the same way at the time. Anyways what's the consensus as on lately?

On 3/22/2018 at 8:45 PM, newshane said:

Reholder seems to be taking forever these days.

I had one come back after 6 days a few months ago. Now I'm sitting at three weeks in...

Four weeks....

:screwy: