• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,964 posts in this topic

what if your lcs was sending bogus books and keeping yours

What makes you suggest this?

That reads rather awkwardly without the original post quoted for the sake of context.

Additionally, do his above posts qualify as a true "Triple Tap" due to them being essentially replies? The Triple Taps I've seen previously credited all address a similar theme and don't contain quoted replies. I'm still new at this, but trying to maintain an accurate scorecard.

That makes about the same sense as the original post...

However, the LCS is saying that CGC is taking very long to process on economy submissions for all the books submitted, so I don't know who is pulling the wool over my eyes at this point. I believe it could be the LCS, but with all the complaining on the turnaround times on economy I don't know who to believe anymore.

Stop going through your LCS and spend $50 or so and do it direct---and you can check up on the status on the CGC web site.

60 moderns and 50 economy's waiting on my shelf since im not paying fasttrack. Cgc leaving money in my wallet due to horrific TaTs.

Oddly enough I'm the same way... I have a large group I was going to send in for pre-screening but I can't pull myself to do it. Having them just sit somewhere for 4+ months... just can't do it...

(I'd love to see the size of CGC's warehouse :o )

Tell me if I'm wrong but doesn't CGC pay a hefty bill to their insurance for each day that the book stays in their facility?

They do have to pay a bill, no idea if it's "hefty". CGC enforces faster turnarounds on books based on value to prevent this issue. If there's a "lot" of "cheap" books there, no idea what the formula is for their insurance. Average value perhaps?

Tell me if I'm wrong but doesn't CGC pay a hefty bill to their insurance for each day that the book stays in their facility?

I doubt that plays very little if at all into any turn around time scenario. Unless you have excellent before scans of a book that you send to CGC, I'm sure any claim of damages resulting from CGC negligence would be met with the proverbial, "Prove it."

They only thing that's going to move your book faster through the channels would be larger denominations on your greenbacks.

60 moderns and 50 economy's waiting on my shelf since im not paying fasttrack. Cgc leaving money in my wallet due to horrific TaTs.

Same here. If I can't afford to send them fast-tracked, then I won't send them at all.

I don't mind waiting 20-40 business days....but 70+ is just ridiculous!

I've decided lately that I hate my current job. Maybe CGC should hire me! lol

Hey...every little bit counts!

Submitted 6 books economy directly to CGC reps at a show in Toronto on April 14. Called for an update on Friday and they said books were received/entered for grading April 23 and have not been graded as of yet. Was told they are working on early April for economy books.

They do have to pay a bill, no idea if it's "hefty". CGC enforces faster turnarounds on books based on value to prevent this issue. If there's a "lot" of "cheap" books there, no idea what the formula is for their insurance. Average value perhaps?

It is a balancing act.

Longer TAT = fewer submissions = - profits

Longer TAT = + fast tracks = + profits

Increase employees = - profits = decrease TAT

Longer TAT = + insurance costs

Longer TAT = + stability since the work is already "in house"

Longer TAT = + chance of encouraging competition (I think this is actually very minor)

I haven't submitted a real order yet (just a coupon order) but I know I've watched this conversation as long as I've been lurking these boards (which I think is 3-4 years). My thinking is if they were going to hire, they would have done so in that span of years. If they were concerned about the issues, they would have hired.

True, it may be difficult to find staff, but not 3-4 years difficult. My guess is they have a "suck it up and wait" attitude.

Curious...if a book let's say Amazing #15 and it was submitted under regular Economy for $800,000.00, Would CGC pay allot of money for that book sitting in the warehouse? Or would they grade that book as soon as possible?

Edited by vane

Curious...if a book let's say Amazing #15 and it was submitted under regular Economy for $800,000.00, Would CGC pay allot of money for that book sitting in the warehouse? Or would they grade that book as soon as possible?

Based on value, it has to be graded Express, and it would be in/out in about a week.

Based on value, it has to be graded Express, and it would be in/out in about a week.

Based on book value of $800,000, it would need to be submitted under Walk Thru. Express has a max limit of $3000 value per book.