• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, comixry said:

But do they charge you twice for shipping on the two sets of 25? 

I only get one credit card charge for the 50 books.  CGC includes shipping in the charge and it is not broken out separately.  I have no doubt that I am paying to ship two sets of 25 books.

17 hours ago, Jordan Morris said:

How do you pack them?

I put about 12-13 bagged/boarded books together in one large bag (usually an old CGC bag) and tape it securely so the books dont move around.  I then put them between two Aviditi SP811 Single-Wall Corrugated Layer Pad, 11-7/8" Length x 8-7/8" Width.  I then put them into a Aviditi M2BKK Corrugated Easy-Fold Mailer, 12-1/8" Length x 9-1/8" Width x 2" Height, Kraft.  Using my eBay store coupon, I get eBay shipping boxes for free = eBay-Branded Boxes With Black Color Logo 16" x 12" x 8".  These boxes can hold (4) of the Aviditi M2BKK Corrugated Easy-Fold Mailers with space.  I put packing peanuts on the bottom of the eBay box and packing material around the sides.  I have not had any books damaged sending them to CGC in this manner.  Costs about $60 from Denver to mail them USPS Priority Mail with Signature and Insurance.

Hope that helps

Edited by lonetree

13 hours ago, Jordan Morris said:

Anyone that’s sent value books in recently? What’s the turnaround time looking like

My last value shipment (w/CCS services) was received on 4/30/20 and shipped back to me on 6/16/20 in 23 business days. I think the turnaround times have slowed a little since then though.

On 7/10/2020 at 2:46 PM, Ron C. said:

Modern Fast Track books received 6/17 still not graded.... why did I bother with the FT?

Still at Grading/QC for the past week. I called to see if there was an issue and was told they were graded on 6/26.... it's now 7/13 and I paid for FT.

with the pathetic performance of USPS these days, i am curious if anyone has had their package from CGC disappear for a week or two or more before ultimately arriving? having had this happen to 4 packages over the last month, i am wary of submitting now. CGC used to offer fedex as an option but i recall them stopping that. does anyone know if that is still an option to use for shipping to oregon? i was in california before, maybe it was a california thing. 

1 hour ago, Ron C. said:

Still at Grading/QC for the past week. I called to see if there was an issue and was told they were graded on 6/26.... it's now 7/13 and I paid for FT.

That doesn’t sound good.  I had just convinced myself to pay the extra $10/book for a small submission I’m making, as I’m just way too impatient to wait.:tonofbricks:

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

with the pathetic performance of USPS these days, i am curious if anyone has had their package from CGC disappear for a week or two or more before ultimately arriving? having had this happen to 4 packages over the last month, i am wary of submitting now. CGC used to offer fedex as an option but i recall them stopping that. does anyone know if that is still an option to use for shipping to oregon? i was in california before, maybe it was a california thing. 

I have a 14 book value shipment via USPS that was forwarded from USPS Tampa on June 17th.

There has been no update since then and I have filed a lost package claim with USPS. They are looking into it...

The frustrating part is I moved to Orlando so I am two hours away from CGC headquarters. If they would slide it out the front gate I would have been happy to make the 4 hour round trip to pick it up. The gas would have been cheaper than the shipping price I was charged as well.

52 minutes ago, PickleRick1216 said:

I have a 14 book value shipment via USPS that was forwarded from USPS Tampa on June 17th.

There has been no update since then and I have filed a lost package claim with USPS. They are looking into it...

The frustrating part is I moved to Orlando so I am two hours away from CGC headquarters. If they would slide it out the front gate I would have been happy to make the 4 hour round trip to pick it up. The gas would have been cheaper than the shipping price I was charged as well.

this is what i was afraid of. sorry for your headaches on this. i sympathize, having had this happen to 3 packages i shipped to customers. but once i started inquiries that seemed to move things along and they ended up being delivered. still, makes me VERY hesitant to submit anything right now to CGC. 

13 hours ago, PickleRick1216 said:

I live in Orlando too wish this was an option. How long did your value books take to start shipping back? Looking to submit a 9 book

13 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

this is what i was afraid of. sorry for your headaches on this. i sympathize, having had this happen to 3 packages i shipped to customers. but once i started inquiries that seemed to move things along and they ended up being delivered. still, makes me VERY hesitant to submit anything right now to CGC. 

I just shipped a bunch of books to CGC for pressing/grading and chose FedEX as the return option. Even before COVID-19, USPS was a nightmare to work with for large CGC packages. I had one package sitting at the USPS local office for 3 weeks, and after 4 visits and an argument with the manager, they finally found it buried under a bunch of other packages. That was $8,000 worth of books.

15 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

Yes, I had priority mail boxes take two plus weeks from CGC via USPS.  So has my friend.   We both live in Nebraska, and we only use FedEx from CGC now.  I am not sure why we ever chose USPS.  Like it just gets lost in tracking, and my friend contacted them for a lost package and it was sitting in our downtown distribution center.  He said he wanted to come get it now and they told him no, they would deliver it tomorrow.  

27 minutes ago, Jordan Morris said:

I live in Orlando too wish this was an option. How long did your value books take to start shipping back? Looking to submit a 9 book

It was 72 business days but I had CCS services as well.

They were received by CGC on April 30th though so the turnaround times are different now.

2 minutes ago, skybolt said:

I just shipped a bunch of books to CGC for pressing/grading and chose FedEX as the return option. Even before COVID-19, USPS was a nightmare to work with for large CGC packages. I had one package sitting at the USPS local office for 3 weeks, and after 4 visits and an argument with the manager, they finally found it buried under a bunch of other packages. That was $8,000 worth of books.

Was the box or books damaged? I am worried that my registered mail box is going to have tire tracks or a forklift fork puncture on it.:flamed:

10 minutes ago, PickleRick1216 said:

Was the box or books damaged? I am worried that my registered mail box is going to have tire tracks or a forklift fork puncture on it.:flamed:

Luckily no. I think the problem was that my local mail delivery guy didn't like carrying heavy packages and would just leave a notice in my mailbox for pick-up (in some cases he wouldn't even do that). One time I was home and confronted him about leaving the notice without having the package, and he made up a story about packages not being loaded on his vehicle on time.

Just checked tracking and my books shipped via USPS wee expected to arrive today, but are running late. Who knows how late. MY one concern is selling books via Ebay. Lately I've noticed that some books are still shown as not being delivered 2 weeks after the fact, even though the buyers have confirmed the delivery.

Edited by skybolt

16 hours ago, Ron C. said:

Sort of the same thing here. Been stuck at SFG grading since 6/24. Called on 7/6 and was told they were in fact already graded, but waiting to be moved over to be encapsulated and "not to worry, as we're still within the 22 business day turnaround time." When I pressed as to what the hold up was, it was relayed to me they were, at that point, just encapsulating books graded in mid-June. Maddening. 

55 minutes ago, skybolt said:

so they still use fedex? i used to live in california and they would not ship there via fedex. it may have been a california specific thing. does anyone know about this?