• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,979 posts in this topic

Modern Slow Track (25 Books)
Received CGC 09/26/18
Verified 09/26/18
Schedule for Grading 10/17/18
Graded 10/19/18
Quality Control 10/22/18
Shipped 10/24/18 (20 business days - great turnaround)

Value Fast Track (7 Books)
Received CGC 09/26/18
Verified 09/26/18

Modern Fast Track (25 Books)
Mailed 10/20/18
Arrived 10/22/18
Verified 10/25/18

Modern Fast Track (3 Books)  :facepalm:  I had 4 copies Batman #655, but 3 of them were closer to NM, so I decided not to send them in and put them aside (or so I thought).  Apparently, I sent them in with the other 25 books. Now I have a submission with just 3 books.
Verified 10/25/18

On 10/24/2018 at 11:31 AM, MountainAir said:

Hi this is my first post and first submission 

24 moderns

Received 10/1

Graded 10/23

Graded /quality control 10/24

1 economy w. Pressing

Received 10/1

I'm pretty excited !  My economy one I know will take a while but it's uncanny xmen 94 so worth the wait 

Can't believe how fast this has been I did not pay for fast track.

1 month to get 24 books done seems reasonable 

moderns shipped 10/25.

from received to out the door - 25 days not too bad.  it was 24 books

On 10/26/2018 at 5:38 PM, MountainAir said:

moderns shipped 10/25.

from received to out the door - 25 days not too bad.  it was 24 books

Can't believe pre-screening is causing books to double in processing time.  Why?  Is the pre-screening guy on vacation half the time? 

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Can't believe pre-screening is causing books to double in processing time.  Why?  Is the pre-screening guy on vacation half the time? 

I am debating on doing a pre screen in a month.  Maybe it get better.  I remember last year around this time was rough and i only went 14/25

1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

I am debating on doing a pre screen in a month.  Maybe it get better.  I remember last year around this time was rough and i only went 14/25

This is my first sub since last year about this time.  I think last year it took 5 weeks including the prescreening.  Guess graing all those CBCS books has got them behind.  I'll let you know how this batch (75 books) goes.

Modern SS Fast Track

Submitted on 10/5/18 @ NYCC

Received 10/23/18

Verified 10/24/18

seems like paying $10 for each book for Fast Track wasn't worth it. 13 Business days to get to from con submission to Verified is a little ouch in comparison to submissions from SDCC this year and NYCC last year. 

16 hours ago, Drew D. said:

I submitted two value tier books back in late May and they finally showed up as "received" on 8/29....where they still sit almost two months later.  Is that normal?

4 months and still nothing sounds a bit off - I'd give them a call.  Did that include a press?

28 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

4 months and still nothing sounds a bit off - I'd give them a call.  Did that include a press?

Yeah it included a press which has already been done.  Everything came back from CCS in late June/early August and it's just been sitting there in received since 8/29.  This is my first submission under my own account and didn't know if two months and still not even being scheduled for grading is slow.

49 minutes ago, Drew D. said:

Yeah it included a press which has already been done.  Everything came back from CCS in late June/early August and it's just been sitting there in received since 8/29.  This is my first submission under my own account and didn't know if two months and still not even being scheduled for grading is slow.

Standard time is usually 3 months but that is usually from the day it is received not verified (but i could be wrong since I always sub with the online sub form so it gets received and verified the same day.

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern S/S
TAT as of Receipt Date: 92 Business Days (62 at CCS, 30 at CGC)
Number of books: 9
Received CCS: 8/7
At CCS: n/a
Received CGC: 9/17
Verified: TBD
Graded: TBD
Shipped/Safe: TBD
Received (by owner): TBD

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Economy
TAT as of Receipt Date: 46 Business Days
Number of books: 3
Received CCS: n/a
Received CGC: 9/7
Verified: 10/11
Graded: TBD
Shipped/Safe: TBD
Received (by owner): TBD

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern S/S
TAT as of Receipt Date: 28 Business Days
Number of books: 2
Received CCS: n/a
Received CGC: 9/6
Verified: 9/25
Graded: 10/1
Grading/QC: 10/10
Shipped/Safe: 10/22 (Originally marked Shipped/Safe on 10/12.  Delay in shipping due to FedEx being marked as shipping provider.  CGC no longer ships via FedEx to my state.  Had to call and clear things up)
Received (by owner): 10/29
Total TAT: 27 business days @ CGC (33 business days due to shipping delay); 5 business days with USPS

I dropped off 3 submissions at Fan Expo Toronto on September 1st. They were all invoice dated September 6th. The Modern books submission were graded and shipped back to me on October 8th. I got the books back a couple of days later. I was impressed with the speed!

However, the Economy tier submission is still only in Verified status and the Modern books I sent for press and grade are in Received status. I know the submission for pressing and grading will take much longer, but I'm surprised the Economy submission is so far behind the Modern one I already got back. Is this normal?

6 hours ago, MetaHuman said:

I dropped off 3 submissions at Fan Expo Toronto on September 1st. They were all invoice dated September 6th. The Modern books submission were graded and shipped back to me on October 8th. I got the books back a couple of days later. I was impressed with the speed!

However, the Economy tier submission is still only in Verified status and the Modern books I sent for press and grade are in Received status. I know the submission for pressing and grading will take much longer, but I'm surprised the Economy submission is so far behind the Modern one I already got back. Is this normal?

Absolutely normal. Unless you purchase the Fast Track option, the Economy tier takes, literally, twice as long as the Modern Tier. Presently, the stated turnaround times are 25 days Modern, 48 days Economy.