• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, gadzukes said:

How long does it take for CGC to process the initial submission (enter items into the computer) once they receive your comics in the mail?

USPS tracking shows my last shipment of comics made it to them over a week ago, but I still don't see my comics as "received" yet.

That has been trending on most of my submissions. Latest arrived USPS last Monday... it was received today, although obviously the holiday had an effect. Lately if they get it on Monday, it’s online by Friday.

Updated status on books submitted at San Francisco Con:  

VALUE

Stated turnaround times when submit:  CCS = 45 b days; CGC = 57 b days 

Date of Con Drop Off - 6/10/2018

CGC Received Date ("Rec-CCS Required") - 6/14/2018 

"At CCS" - 7/3/2018 

"Received" - 9/7/2018

"Verified" - 11/27/2018.

2 hours ago, oldrover said:

That has been trending on most of my submissions. Latest arrived USPS last Monday... it was received today, although obviously the holiday had an effect. Lately if they get it on Monday, it’s online by Friday.

Yeah, I'm figuring it's simply the Holiday effect.  It's the largest and priceyest submission I've made so I just want to see that they have it and everything is good.

6 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

When does the "turnaround" start?  i.e. when cgc receives the books or when the books status are verified?

It starts the day you started thinking about sending in your books for grading. :baiting: Seriously, if you are sweating over the day or two lag between received and verified you are in for a long, painful process.

13 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:
15 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I'm not worried, just curious is all.

(thumbsu  It starts with Verified.  

Really?  I always start counting from when the book appears in their system as Received.  In the case of all my submissions, the estimated TAT has been pretty spot on.  If anything, I get my book back a week later than I would like simply because USPS Registered Mail takes forever.

4 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Really?  I always start counting from when the book appears in their system as Received.  In the case of all my submissions, the estimated TAT has been pretty spot on.  If anything, I get my book back a week later than I would like simply because USPS Registered Mail takes forever.

The difference between verified and received will often be the same day to a week+, especially in the case of onsite submissions. So, individual results may vary. In the big scheme, it really doesn't matter as the TAT is a moving target anyway and should only reflect the end result. The timeframe of an individual status is not relevant. I do agree that USPS Registered is a frustratingly slow process. Get a FedEX account and have CGC use Fedex on your return shipments. You will be happier.

10 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

The difference between verified and received will often be the same day to a week+, especially in the case of onsite submissions. So, individual results may vary. In the big scheme, it really doesn't matter as the TAT is a moving target anyway and should only reflect the end result. The timeframe of an individual status is not relevant. I do agree that USPS Registered is a frustratingly slow process. Get a FedEX account and have CGC use Fedex on your return shipments. You will be happier.

I have books that have been in the received status for over a month!

11 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I've never done walkthrough so I can't speak to that, but from my experience with the budget (Modern/Value/Economy) vs premium (Standard/Express) services, I've found that premium submissions typically go from Received to Verified within a day or two as you said.  However, my Modern books never move through that quickly.  Looking back at my most recent completed submission, I had an Economy submission stay in Received for a month before moving on (pg 504 of this thread).  And with that, my total TAT was 44 days compared to an estimated 46 initially provided via the CGC site.

Also, I tried the FedEx thing, but right as I signed up for it, the whole thing with FedEx shipments to California came up and now CGC no longer ships to my state via FedEx.

8 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I have books that have been in the received status for over a month!

That is unusual. I would call and inquire.  Verified means the Received package was opened up and the contents were verified to the invoice. I've personally never experienced a situation like this. Now I Understand why you asked your original question !

21 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

That is unusual. I would call and inquire.  Verified means the Received package was opened up and the contents were verified to the invoice. I've personally never experienced a situation like this. Now I Understand why you asked your original question !

They changed the status to “verified”  after I emailed them. I just hope the “turnaround” doesn’t start now!

6 hours ago, maraxusofkeld said:

I'm having a similar issue, I sent in 25 modern books for pre screen and they have been sitting at verified since 10/22/2018. Is this normal?

5 weeks and still at verifies means CGC is running behind because of the Holidays.  But I’d guess next week it will quickly go thru the steps.