• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2019 at 11:52 AM, gadzukes said:

Wow.  They should NOT be calling it a "Quick Press" if it's the same as a "Press".  They should call it "Fast Track" pressing (which requires bulk comic submission) to match the terminology on the CGC side.  

"Quick Press"  makes it sound like a lesser quality press.

I guess I was totally off on what I had heard about it.  I apologize for spreading any misinformation.

I don't believe your original comments about Quick press vs press were wrong.  Legion's comements from his phone conversation with CGC do not seem right. There must have been a misunderstanding or miscommunication with CGC. (shrug)

Modern Full Press Fast Track (7 Books)
Received 12/21/18 - so much for the website's 14 Business days turnaround for fast track pressing
Press Complete - Back at CGC as Received 02/07/19

Modern Quick Press (25 Books)
Received 12/21/18

Modern (50 Books)
Received 01/16/19
Verified 01/16/19
Scheduled for Grading 02/11/19
Graded 02/12/19
QC 02/12/19

21 hours ago, eddly said:

And today they have been updated as shipped safe. Worth the wait for sure!

Line Item # Title Issue Issue Date Publisher Country Variant Pedigree Category Grader Notes Grade Page Quality Grade Text Art Comments Key Comments
001 Amazing Spider-Man 300 5/88 Marvel Comics       Modern   9.6 WHITE   David Michelinie story
Todd McFarlane cover & art
Origin & 1st full appearance of Venom
(Eddie Brock). Thing appearance.
Last black costume.
002 Amazing Spider-Man 300 5/88 Marvel Comics       Modern   9.8 WHITE   David Michelinie story
Last black costume.
003 Amazing Spider-Man 300 5/88 Marvel Comics       Modern   9.6 WHITE   David Michelinie story
Last black costume.
004 Amazing Spider-Man 300 5/88 Marvel Comics       Modern   9.8 WHITE   David Michelinie story
Last black costume.
005 Amazing Spider-Man 300 5/88 Marvel Comics       Modern   9.8 WHITE   David Michelinie story
Last black costume.

wow that is fantastic!!!!  What were your grades on these before pressing?

Modern Full Press Fast Track (7 Books)
Received 12/21/18 - so much for the website's 14 Business days turnaround for fast track pressing
Press Complete - Back at CGC as Received 02/07/19
Scheduled for Grading 02/13/19
Graded 02/14/19
QC 02/15/19

Modern Quick Press (25 Books)
Received 12/21/18

Modern (50 Books)
Received 01/16/19
Verified 01/16/19
Scheduled for Grading 02/11/19
Graded 02/12/19
QC 02/12/19
Shipped 02/14/19

Edited by lonetree

my 1/18 moderns were at graded wednesday, QC yesterday, and today back to graded and now at QC again. I guess that is a good thing. (shrug)

My value from 12/05 hit graded today as well though so that is good. Only 3 books though, Doc 169, Planet 50 and IH 180. :wishluck:

35 minutes ago, Bird said:

my 1/18 moderns were at graded wednesday, QC yesterday, and today back to graded and now at QC again. I guess that is a good thing. (shrug)

My value from 12/05 hit graded today as well though so that is good. Only 3 books though, Doc 169, Planet 50 and IH 180. :wishluck:

That's good to know, I have a batch of moderns received by CGC last week, I'm hoping to have them back in my possession (mailed to Canada) by the end of next month.  :wishluck:Let me know when you receive your books Bird as my timeline is similar....

Edited by spreads

3 hours ago, Bird said:

I've been sitting at Grading / QC for 2 days.  And i've been billed already, I was hoping 2 days slower so it would hit next month's Amex.  lol So much for that.

7 hours ago, lonetree said:

wow that is fantastic!!!!  What were your grades on these before pressing?

They were all raw from my Dad's collection (never graded before). He isn't familiar with the grading process (now he is!). I saved these from being listed raw on ebay as conservative 9.2s (he likes to be conservative on ebay). 

Quickly eyeballing them I didn't see anything wrong with them other than a rough cut on the right side of most of them (common for the book). I didn't think they necessarily needed a press, but I figured we might as well just in case considering the current price for 9.8s... and I was wondering if we could get a 9.9.

17 hours ago, Gaard said:

When you guys send a lot (>25) of books in how do you pack them? More than 1 box? Does CGC recommend a limit per box?

Thinking about doing my first prescreen and looking for tips.

I pack them in the same way as I would pack a lot sale of books from ebay; I bundle them all together with lots of bubble wrap and then box them.  I think CGC recommends a limit of ten, and you could do that as well so you would have separated cardboard 'blocks'. 

22 hours ago, Walsh3392cape said:

Modern Slow Track:

Received: 1/17/19
Verified:  1/17/19
Scheduled for Grading:  2/12/19
Graded: 2/13/19
Grading/Quality Control: 2/13/19
Shipped/Safe:  2/18/19

Hung out in QC for that long huh?  Mine is currently in QC, hoping doesn't sit there for numerous days.