• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,964 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Crossover Standard
TAT as of Receipt Date: 32 Business Days (10 at CCS, 22 at CGC)
Number of books: 1
Received CCS: 2/1
At CCS: ???
Received CGC: ???
Verified: 2/20
Scheduled for Grading: ???
Graded: 2/22
Grading/Quality Control: 2/25
Shipped/Safe: 2/26
Received (by owner): TBD

Total TAT: TBD (13 at CCS, 5 at CGC, TBD with USPS)

NOTE: this is a Crossover submission.  Estimated TAT is based on standard submission times as I am unsure if there is any difference between it and Crossover return times.

Just curious, it seems like most of your submissions are a single book or a few books?  Wouldn't it be a lot more cost effective to send more than one at a time?

1 hour ago, spreads said:

Just curious, it seems like most of your submissions are a single book or a few books?  Wouldn't it be a lot more cost effective to send more than one at a time?

Yeah, in most cases my submissions are for Signature Series and the previous rule was that facilitators could only hold books a month or two.  Unfortunately for me, a lot of my submissions occurred across the entire con season which meant my submissions ended up getting split up and sent in at different times.  On other occasions I've submitted books across different tiers, and CGC doesn't hold books to be sent under one invoice unfortunately.  In this particular case, I only have one CBCS book that qualified for the Crossover.  I've wasted a lot of money on shipping.  It's probably why I gripe about having to pay so much for Registered Mail.  :S  Truth be told, I kinda dove into slabs rather quickly and now I have some books/sigs that I don't really care for (one of those things where my eyes were bigger than my wallet).  As a result of this, I probably only have a small handful of books that I REALLY want signed so my future submissions likely number less than 5 at this point.

9 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Yeah, in most cases my submissions are for Signature Series and the previous rule was that facilitators could only hold books a month or two.  Unfortunately for me, a lot of my submissions occurred across the entire con season which meant my submissions ended up getting split up and sent in at different times.  On other occasions I've submitted books across different tiers, and CGC doesn't hold books to be sent under one invoice unfortunately.  In this particular case, I only have one CBCS book that qualified for the Crossover.  I've wasted a lot of money on shipping.  It's probably why I gripe about having to pay so much for Registered Mail.  :S  Truth be told, I kinda dove into slabs rather quickly and now I have some books/sigs that I don't really care for (one of those things where my eyes were bigger than my wallet).  As a result of this, I probably only have a small handful of books that I REALLY want signed so my future submissions likely number less than 5 at this point.

Been there! :foryou:

On 2/26/2019 at 3:27 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Moderns are the fastest they've been in the 11 years I've been regularly submitting. Very pleased.

Value and Economy is substantially slower, but I'm ok with that.

Moderns have been good, but Economy has been flying for me. Last two subs I’ve had Economy subs shipped in literally the same box as Modern subs move through more quickly. I’ve got an Economy in QC while the Modern is still verified. Same invoice date. 

6DC63750-49B0-4E64-9416-08959ABF1002.jpeg

3 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Moderns have been good, but Economy has been flying for me. Last two subs I’ve had Economy subs shipped in literally the same box as Modern subs move through more quickly. I’ve got an Economy in QC while the Modern is still verified. Same invoice date. 

It's a shame on estimated TAT that fast-track on a value sub is still slower that regular economy..... could possibly be volume though.....

8 minutes ago, mysterio said:

You sent in a 1 book invoice...? lol You cray cray! ;)

Did you manage to convince them to ship with another package?

4 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You sent in a 1 book invoice...? lol You cray cray! ;)

Did you manage to convince them to ship with another package?

I thought I had 25 in the prescreen and apparently need to practice my counting skills. :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Well, at least you got economies in 5 weeks. That's'a nice. I've still got a Value lot from 12/28 still in "received." ;)

Yeah, still stunned at how fast “slow” economy has been. I’m thinking this latest one may very well ship before my Modern even gets to SFG. 

On 2/25/2019 at 7:44 PM, LordRahl said:

ASM 129 and Hulk 181. Are they high grade? If so, the minimum you would want to go with is Express. It all depends on how much you want to insure them for. A Hulk 181 in 9.4/9.6 is a $10K+ book. Would be a shame to under-insure that and have something happen in shipping. The ASM 300, modern.  

Thank you for your help and advice. I believe they are 8/8.5 neighborhood. 

2 minutes ago, szav said:

When they made the change all 4 submissions I have now say scheduled for grading.  Has to be a bug, one of them is a 2 week old value submission.

I think I agree with you, as it has only been 8 days from being "Verified" to "Scheduled for Grading" for my five submissions.