• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,953 posts in this topic

From what I saw on the “status explanations” link at the top of that invoice page it looks like they’ve done away with “verified” as a status. Now everything will be SFG from the word go, and they did away with “graded” as well, which will make it tough to know when you’re moving through the process. So now you’ll be SFG immediately and it won’t change until they’re finalized. Kind of annoying...

EDIT: missed that “graded/QC” is still a thing, so there is an intermediate stage after SFG. My bad. 

Edited by mysterio

5 minutes ago, mysterio said:

From what I saw on the “status explanations” link at the top of that invoice page it looks like they’ve done away with “verified” as a status. Now everything will be SFG from the word go, and they did away with “graded” as well, which will make it tough to know when you’re moving through the process. So now you’ll be SFG immediately and it won’t change until they’re finalized. Kind of annoying...

Did it say at least there is a QC or at what stage your grades will be available online? Sitll QC?

I sent in one book last month for pressing and grading, revived on 2/4.  I’m assuming it got pressed since CCS invoiced me and charged me.  And have not heard a word since then.  This was modern fast track and it just shows received 2/4 that’s 30 days ago?  What’s the point of paying for fast track if it’s still going to take forever? It lists 8 business days for a modern fast track.  It’s been at least 20 business days and no change in status.  I was hoping to get this book back before a convention at the end of this month.  

14 hours ago, Frost451 said:

I sent in one book last month for pressing and grading, revived on 2/4.  I’m assuming it got pressed since CCS invoiced me and charged me.  And have not heard a word since then.  This was modern fast track and it just shows received 2/4 that’s 30 days ago?  What’s the point of paying for fast track if it’s still going to take forever? It lists 8 business days for a modern fast track.  It’s been at least 20 business days and no change in status.  I was hoping to get this book back before a convention at the end of this month.  

When were the books verified by CGC?  Verified and received are two different things in the eyes of CGC; I sent in 5 books that were received by CGC the 15th of February and Verified on the 20th

Edit: Also, this is a handy website (no affiliation) to determine actual business days.  
https://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html

Edited by sagekilz

22 minutes ago, Frost451 said:
2/4/19 
FAST TRACK MODERN
Received

This is all it says.

I would call them directly as something doesn't seem right.  I don't know all the specifics regarding your issue and I by no means an am expert but regardless, physically talking to someone might move things along faster.

24 minutes ago, Frost451 said:
2/4/19 
FAST TRACK MODERN
Received

This is all it says.

ToTs are just an estimate and up until maybe a year ago, CCS accuracy on their ToTs were absurdly inaccurate. 

They have come a long way but it still changes drastically. I just sent a few books in a couple days ago, when CCS was at 13 days for fast track. It just changed to 21:cry:

16 hours ago, Frost451 said:

You might have a wait - in December I submitted 7 books for Modern Fast Track and Full Press.  Books arrived on Dec 21st and were sent to CCS  They arrived back to CGC on Feb 7th.  They were shipped back to me on Feb 19th.  That was 43 business days (excluding holidays).   CCS is definitely the slow part of the process. 

1 hour ago, I like pie said:

ToTs are just an estimate and up until maybe a year ago, CCS accuracy on their ToTs were absurdly inaccurate. 

They have come a long way but it still changes drastically. I just sent a few books in a couple days ago, when CCS was at 13 days for fast track. It just changed to 21:cry:

+1. 

Unfortunately the timetable for ANY tier is renowned for its inaccuracy.

I have been scheduled for grading since the weekend! This is what I act like when I click on the submissions page and see that it has not changed

Man this will be a photo finish, I have two batches at CGC...the first I sent to CCS, CGC received them (charged my CC on Feb. 22nd).  I was hoping they would be graded this week to get back to me in Canada before the end of the month.....the second batch is still stuck in prescreen...

23 hours ago, JWagner604 said:

When the CCS invoice is emailed to you...  does that mean they've finished pressing and heading to grading?

From what I can tell, it means the book has been received but is not yet pressed. You'll still have a bit before it heads back to CGC.

56 minutes ago, Bkd Reader said:

From what I can tell, it means the book has been received but is not yet pressed. You'll still have a bit before it heads back to CGC.

Sigh...  they've had the comics since November.  Thanks for the info.