current turn around rates at CGC
53 53

11,664 posts in this topic

764 posts
1 hour ago, I like pie said:

ToTs are just an estimate and up until maybe a year ago, CCS accuracy on their ToTs were absurdly inaccurate. 

They have come a long way but it still changes drastically. I just sent a few books in a couple days ago, when CCS was at 13 days for fast track. It just changed to 21:cry:

+1. 

Unfortunately the timetable for ANY tier is renowned for its inaccuracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
66 posts

For those playing at home, I submitted four Modern SS books at NYCC for press and grade slowboat (10/7).

Finally received submission acknowledgement today (2/5).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts

When the CCS invoice is emailed to you...  does that mean they've finished pressing and heading to grading?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,434 posts

I have been scheduled for grading since the weekend! This is what I act like when I click on the submissions page and see that it has not changed

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,043 posts

Man this will be a photo finish, I have two batches at CGC...the first I sent to CCS, CGC received them (charged my CC on Feb. 22nd).  I was hoping they would be graded this week to get back to me in Canada before the end of the month.....the second batch is still stuck in prescreen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
90 posts
23 hours ago, JWagner604 said:

When the CCS invoice is emailed to you...  does that mean they've finished pressing and heading to grading?

From what I can tell, it means the book has been received but is not yet pressed. You'll still have a bit before it heads back to CGC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,577 posts
Posted (edited)

7 Reholders Rec'd/Verified 2/1 Shipped 3/6

11 Moderns Regular Rec'd/Verified 2/7 Scheduled For Grading

2 Value Fast Track Rec'd/Verified 2/7 Scheduled For Grading

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts
56 minutes ago, Bkd Reader said:

From what I can tell, it means the book has been received but is not yet pressed. You'll still have a bit before it heads back to CGC.

Sigh...  they've had the comics since November.  Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 posts

Modern prescreen slow track. "Received" 3/7 (delivered to CGC 3/4) and SFG on the same day. Not getting my hopes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115 posts
3 hours ago, Twisted_Road said:

Modern prescreen slow track. "Received" 3/7 (delivered to CGC 3/4) and SFG on the same day. Not getting my hopes up.

Have 40 for prescreen that was delivered Monday as well but hasn't showed up as received for me. CGC got rid of the Verified status...pretty much annoys me that they did...could tell when they went SFG that you were getting close but not any more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,074 posts
21 minutes ago, gregwynn said:

Have 40 for prescreen that was delivered Monday as well but hasn't showed up as received for me. CGC got rid of the Verified status...pretty much annoys me that they did...could tell when they went SFG that you were getting close but not any more

My 28 book prescreen was delivered on the 1st, but wasn't "received" until yesterday (3/6). Actually, I never saw "received" ... I logged in last night & there they were, but they were at "SFG".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
764 posts

5 moderns, slow-boat, SFG on the 20th of February, no updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 posts
Posted (edited)

I sent in 4 books which they received on 2/7, I got a CCS invoice on the 13th and haven't heard anything since, it just says "Received".  I had gotten both the pressing and grading services fast track....should I be worried that I haven't seen any movement? 

Edited by JohngPR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,459 posts
14 hours ago, Gaard said:

My 28 book prescreen was delivered on the 1st, but wasn't "received" until yesterday (3/6). Actually, I never saw "received" ... I logged in last night & there they were, but they were at "SFG".

SFG is the new verified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
764 posts
1 hour ago, joeypost said:

SFG is the new verified. 

correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,459 posts
Just now, sagekilz said:

correct.

Basically you are completely in the dark until the books ship. If you happen to catch it at the right moment, you can look at the submission for any label issues, etc. and call CGC in a window that may be open for a few hours at best. In most cases any issues will only be discovered when the books are received by the owner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
764 posts
44 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Basically you are completely in the dark until the books ship. If you happen to catch it at the right moment, you can look at the submission for any label issues, etc. and call CGC in a window that may be open for a few hours at best. In most cases any issues will only be discovered when the books are received by the owner. 

Couldn't of said it better.

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,074 posts

Hmmm, they must've had a reason for doing this but I can't think of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,043 posts
19 hours ago, Gaard said:

My 28 book prescreen was delivered on the 1st, but wasn't "received" until yesterday (3/6). Actually, I never saw "received" ... I logged in last night & there they were, but they were at "SFG".

Back of the line you three!  My modern prescreen books were received on 2/21, still at SFG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,977 posts
6 hours ago, joeypost said:

SFG is the new verified. 

Yeah I really don't like this development. I'd ask for them to change it back but don't feel like beating my head against a brick wall today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
53 53