• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,858 posts in this topic

On 2/26/2019 at 4:25 PM, ExNihilo said:

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Crossover Standard
TAT as of Receipt Date: 32 Business Days (10 at CCS, 22 at CGC)
Number of books: 1
Received CCS: 2/1
At CCS: ???
Received CGC: ???
Verified: 2/20
Scheduled for Grading: ???
Graded: 2/22
Grading/Quality Control: 2/25
Shipped/Safe: 2/26
Received (by owner): 3/6

Total TAT: 24 business days (13 at CCS, 5 at CGC, 6 with USPS)

NOTE: this is a Crossover submission.  Estimated TAT is based on standard submission times as I am unsure if there is any difference between it and Crossover return times.

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

When do we find out how many/which books were rejected in a prescreen?

When the books are shipped. You can also deduce how many books were rejected when you get billed (you just won't know what books were rejected).

On 3/8/2019 at 12:35 PM, LordRahl said:
On 3/8/2019 at 6:22 AM, joeypost said:

SFG is the new verified. 

@BlowUpTheMoon @toro Not saying it happened with your's specifically, but it did happen that SFG is the new verified :shy: 

On 3/7/2019 at 3:43 PM, gregwynn said:
On 3/7/2019 at 12:32 PM, Twisted_Road said:

Modern prescreen slow track. "Received" 3/7 (delivered to CGC 3/4) and SFG on the same day. Not getting my hopes up.

Have 40 for prescreen that was delivered Monday as well but hasn't showed up as received for me. CGC got rid of the Verified status...pretty much annoys me that they did...could tell when they went SFG that you were getting close but not any more

Did the change to Scheduled For Grading as the first CGC check in with books only happen recently? 

I still have my original dates, for when they arrived.  1/23, 1/31 and 1/31  But it really doesn't matter to me as I picked a value submission, so I don't expect them back before the summer.  :insane:

From the submission page is CGC's Submission explanation:

Received / CCS

The submission has arrived at CGC. The enclosed collectibles have been counted and entered in CGC’s computer system along with the submitter information, submission date and requested service. If there are multiple tiers of service, the collectibles have been separated by tier of service.

In the next step, a detailed description of each collectible will be entered in CGC’s computer system (a process commonly called “verification”). The collectibles will be separated from any paperwork that would identify the submitter and the submission will be prepared for grading.

If CCS services were requested, the submission will be routed to CCS and the CCS services will be completed first.

Scheduled for Grading

Each collectible has now been described in detail in CGC’s computer system and checked against the submitter’s descriptions. A unique identification number has been assigned to each collectible based on the submission form number and line item number. These identification numbers are printed on temporary holders and will be used to track each collectible throughout CGC’s grading process.

Submissions are then arranged by service and received date so that they can be graded on a "first in-first out" basis by service type.

Grading / Quality Control

Collectibles are authenticated, graded and encapsulated. Once encapsulated, they are re-examined to verify that the grade and accompanying description is correct. The holder is also checked for defects such as scuffs or nicks.

Finalized / Imaged / Shipped

Collectibles have been inspected and approved in Quality Control, photographed (if applicable), carefully packaged and returned to the submitter. Grades are now available for viewing online.

Returned to Submission Location

Collectibles have been inspected and approved in Quality Control, photographed, carefully packaged and are returned to the submission location. Grades are now available for viewing online.

At Submission Location

Collectibles have arrived at the Submission Location and are available for pick up.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:04 AM, Gaard said:

When do we find out how many/which books were rejected in a prescreen?

When you check the grades online after shipping the rejected books will not have a grade. You will be charged before they ship so you could do the math and tell how many were graded  but not which ones

1 hour ago, pjray55 said:

the time to get the books entered into the system is artificially keeping TAT's down right now as it's about a week currently

That and our friend ExNilo above sending books one invoice at a time!  lol 

4 hours ago, Poe said:

On average how long after tracking shows your books have been delivered should you expect to see them in your account under submissions?

My last submission was received on Monday and showed up in my account on Friday

3 hours ago, spreads said:

This is more of a CCS related question than CGC. I Submitted my moderns via slow press on October 16th. The current turnaround time is around 80 business days, but my books are already at 100. Every time I call CGC they tell me the books will likely be pressed within the next few days, but now it's about 4 weeks past the current turnaround time. Is anyone else experiencing delays with pressings books via the slow track?

Edited by skybolt