current turn around rates at CGC
51 51

11,084 posts in this topic

22,273 posts

Figure it will take a week from date of the package being signed for, before it gets entered into the system. So whatever the TAT is add 7 days for it to go from delivered to received. Its the new reality, but still light years better than "the other guys". 

2,889 posts

25 Modern Prescreen

Shipped on April 5th

Delivered to CGC on April 10th 

Received into CGC System and Scheduled for Grading on April 16th

5,381 posts

My books are in SFG but today there were a few marked, "Reject", on my pre screen. Guess I know my grades already.

34 posts

2 Books for reholder, pretty quick TAT:

Shipment delivered 3/26

Order showed in dashboard 4/1

Return shipping today 4/16

933 posts
5 hours ago, I like pie said:

My books are in SFG but today there were a few marked, "Reject", on my pre screen. Guess I know my grades already.

Same here.

Except I probably wouldn't use the word "few".  :frustrated:

240 posts
19 hours ago, Noble52 said:

2 Books for reholder, pretty quick TAT:

Shipment delivered 3/26

Order showed in dashboard 4/1

Return shipping today 4/16

Love seeing this. As someone who is anal about his cases -- waiting 30 BUSINESS days is absolutely brutal and makes my blood boil. That is effectively two months turnaround before I can see the comic again. I have a Ebay buyer return my Hulk 181 5.0 C-1 because it delivered with a crack case. Now I have to return the book and wait almost two months before I can relist with a new case so I can get the value. 

119 posts
On 4/10/2019 at 11:03 PM, toro said:

I have 28 Crossover Value in three submissions.  I hope to have them in hand sometime before 2020.  :insane:

CGC4561295109

1/31/19
CROSSOVER VALUE
Scheduled for Grading

CGC5226054894

1/31/19
CROSSOVER VALUE
Scheduled for Grading

CGC3003919933

1/23/19

CROSSOVER VALUE
Scheduled for Grading

When your submission gets updated, can you let us know? I have 1 Value Crossover dated 1 day after yours.

47 posts

Modern Fast Track

2/28 They got Them

3/6 They say they got them

3/18 Shipped

5 of the books inner wells were moving around.  You could hear them rattle.

4/1 Reholder They got them

4/16 I got Them

4/16 Still charged for Re-Holder

Paid Modern Fast track For 5 books that was probably longer than slow.

3 of the books still Rattle.....Was told that the Giant Size books will have some rattle.  A graded collectible will move around in its case and its OK.  I don't get it

933 posts

I just want to make sure this is normal ... this is my first pre-screen. I sent 28 books. I sent them in one box. When CGC got them they split it up into a batch of 25 and a batch of 3 (see attached screenshot) The first batch is shipping tomorrow, the 2nd batch (3 books) hasn't even been graded yet.

Is that normal?

submissionscreenshot.jpg

5,381 posts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gaard said:

I just want to make sure this is normal ... this is my first pre-screen. I sent 28 books. I sent them in one box. When CGC got them they split it up into a batch of 25 and a batch of 3 (see attached screenshot) The first batch is shipping tomorrow, the 2nd batch (3 books) hasn't even been graded yet.

Is that normal?

submissionscreenshot.jpg

Normal. Anything over 25 books will be split. Can't say why they aren't handled around the same time frame but it happens.

Edited by I like pie

933 posts

Thanks dude.

532 posts

21 Books

Standard.

Shipped 3/28, Received 4/2 and Scheduled for Grading

Status Changed to Grading/Quality Control 4/16

1,971 posts
20 hours ago, shiro9 said:

Modern Fast Track

2/28 They got Them

3/6 They say they got them

3/18 Shipped

5 of the books inner wells were moving around.  You could hear them rattle.

4/1 Reholder They got them

4/16 I got Them

4/16 Still charged for Re-Holder

Paid Modern Fast track For 5 books that was probably longer than slow.

3 of the books still Rattle.....Was told that the Giant Size books will have some rattle.  A graded collectible will move around in its case and its OK.  I don't get it

What are the books, can you show some pics?

24,332 posts
15 hours ago, Casablanca said:

21 Books

Standard.

Shipped 3/28, Received 4/2 and Scheduled for Grading

Status Changed to Grading/Quality Control 4/16

3 Books
Economy

3/25 Shipped

3/29 Delivered

4/2 Received

4/3 Scheduled for Nothin'  :taptaptap:

784 posts

Modern fast track

Delivered today with CGC Fast Track written on the box on all 6 sides.  Let's see if this speeds up from delivery to being officially received. 

26,702 posts
On 4/3/2019 at 3:57 PM, Sniezyk said:

Value - 5 books

2/26 Scheduled for grading 

4/03 Still scheduled for grading

Sent an email to ask how long submissions take, was ignored, of course there were no problems with them charging my credit card. First submission to CGC, do not believe I will be renewing for a second year. 

*** On a side note, I do not believe you should have to pay more money to receive your books faster. That is very bad business. Could you imagine walking into an emergency room and sitting down to wait your turn and then some guy walks in and hands the clerk a hundred dollar bill to jump the line. How long would that business last?

Imagine if you checked out the sites TATS

47 posts
3 hours ago, spreads said:

What are the books, can you show some pics?

I only have my cell phone so i cant scan.  I sent them pics the first time and they just said we cant tell anything.  The books were Giant-Size Fantastic Four's, the Giant-Size/Annual holder's.

10 posts

I sent out two silver age comics through a local dealer of mine, value with fast track. That was around two and a half months ago and still nothing. Does this seem right? To me it doesn't but it was the first time I had sent anything out to be graded. The store tells me they are scheduled for grading still. It somewhat sounds like they are not fast tracking them? Any advice?

933 posts
1 hour ago, Spartcom5 said:

I sent out two silver age comics through a local dealer of mine, value with fast track. That was around two and a half months ago and still nothing. Does this seem right? To me it doesn't but it was the first time I had sent anything out to be graded. The store tells me they are scheduled for grading still. It somewhat sounds like they are not fast tracking them? Any advice?

Does the store give you a copy of the submission form when you submit thru them (I've never done it like that)? If yes, does it say Fast Track?

Can the store show you, on a computer, the Status? Does it say Fast Track? (I suppose the store can also give you a printout of a screenshot of the Status page.)

Maybe the store can  give you the invoice number & you can just call CGC.

VFT is roughly 2 1/2 months (Con season).