current turn around rates at CGC
51 51

11,115 posts in this topic

503 posts
8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

All I know is it's first in first out....

So their before this weekend cons not last, I assume they pick up any day mail runs, as some have seen movement on the weekend...

Hope that helps...

Appreciate the info. I assumed it was first in, first out. Just wasn't sure if they leave the stuff sitting in the hallway and check in con books as they arrive.

8,620 posts
1 hour ago, Supa-Bad-Mofo said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

All I know is it's first in first out....

So their before this weekend cons not last, I assume they pick up any day mail runs, as some have seen movement on the weekend...

Hope that helps...

Appreciate the info. I assumed it was first in, first out. Just wasn't sure if they leave the stuff sitting in the hallway and check in con books as they arrive.

The only frame of reference I have is, i dropped off at the beginning of a con, and mine were entered days before others I know that dropped off at the same con but later in the weekend....

503 posts
5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The only frame of reference I have is, i dropped off at the beginning of a con, and mine were entered days before others I know that dropped off at the same con but later in the weekend....

Sounds like I could be in the back of the line. I'll know in about 5 days I guess...

6,317 posts
On 5/14/2019 at 2:40 PM, skybolt said:

10 Moderns (normal submission)

4/1 - Delivered to CGC

4/11 - Scheduled for Grading

5/13 - Graded

5/20 - Shipped

A bit disappointed with the overall grades (7 - 9.8's, 2 - 9.6's & 1 - 9.4). I did inspect the books really carefully, but can never get over that 70% threshold. 

8,620 posts
32 minutes ago, skybolt said:

5/20 - Shipped

A bit disappointed with the overall grades (7 - 9.8's, 2 - 9.6's & 1 - 9.4). I did inspect the books really carefully, but can never get over that 70% threshold. 

Wait till you see my grades lol but seriously, not too shabby :foryou: 

11 posts

Just another data point.

Grading 16 modern books

Received 4/19

Grading/QC 5/20

Estimate at time of submission was 20 business days I believe.  This is just my second submission.  I remember the turnaround from G/QC to the Finalized/Imaged/Shipped was a day on first submission that had 6 books.  F5, F5, F5... was definitely going on :)

66 posts

8 Modern (No FT)

Scheduled - 4/18

Grading/Quality Control - 5/17

Shipping - 5/21

1,183 posts
Posted (edited)

Maybe I'm being inpatient but isn't walk through service same day?  Books arrived early this morning and now it's 8:20pm FL time, thought grades would be available?  They are not.  Or maybe the graders are working really late tonight?  Is it same day or 24 hours?

They've been at grading/qc status most of the day.

Edited by RedGiant

12 posts

I just got a crossover express book back today 5/21. I sent it away 5/13. First time using cgc as well, book came back better than expected.

11 posts
On 5/20/2019 at 10:51 AM, Richard Holbrook said:

Just another data point.

Grading 16 modern books

Received 4/19

Grading/QC 5/20

Estimate at time of submission was 20 business days I believe.  This is just my second submission.  I remember the turnaround from G/QC to the Finalized/Imaged/Shipped was a day on first submission that had 6 books.  F5, F5, F5... was definitely going on :)

Shipped 5/22  (12 books@9.8, 3@9.6, 1@9.4 if you care to know!)

58 posts

On 5/9/2019 at 10:07 AM, Twisted_Road said:

Crossover Value with CCS Press

Received by CGC on 2/5/19 and sent to CCS

Billed by CCS 4/19/19

Received again by CGC on 5/8/19

Update

SFG 5/23

58 posts

I was a little too fast on the fingers and can't edit my last post

On 5/9/2019 at 10:07 AM, Twisted_Road said:

Crossover Value with CCS Press

Received by CGC on 2/5/19 and sent to CCS

Billed by CCS 4/19/19

Received again by CGC on 5/8/19

Update

Grading/QC 5/23/19

3,800 posts

How long is it taking books to be received? I did online registration and first day show drop off at megacon (actually during first 30 mins they were open Thursday).

238 posts
14 minutes ago, 1p36DSA said:

How long is it taking books to be received? I did online registration and first day show drop off at megacon (actually during first 30 mins they were open Thursday).

Earlier it was rumored that books were taking 2 weeks to be received.  Good luck!

113 posts

Sorry this might be a dumb question but the new tracking system changed a lot of the wording I found. Just out of curiousity is there still a received step or has that been replaced with scheduled for grading? 

I havent seen any of my submissions at received just straight to scheduled for grading. 

Sorry for the noob question 

8,620 posts
2 minutes ago, Rezin1234 said:

Sorry this might be a dumb question but the new tracking system changed a lot of the wording I found. Just out of curiousity is there still a received step or has that been replaced with scheduled for grading? 

I havent seen any of my submissions at received just straight to scheduled for grading. 

Sorry for the noob question 

I believe that received is now "SFG"...... I believe that it was mentioned by @RockMyAmadeus that "dealers" or the like might actually still see "received"

but to answer your question simply, I believe it is marked "received" and the status is "SFG" right away and then the clock starts ticking on estimated TAT... :foryou: 

178 posts
1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I believe that received is now "SFG"...... I believe that it was mentioned by @RockMyAmadeus that "dealers" or the like might actually still see "received"

but to answer your question simply, I believe it is marked "received" and the status is "SFG" right away and then the clock starts ticking on estimated TAT... :foryou: 

I'm not a dealer, but I see my submissions in "Received" status. Some sit longer than others, depending on whether or not I chose CCS services. Then they move to "Scheduled for Grading" and then "Grading/Quality Control," where time can't seem to move any slower before I get my little dose of happiness when I see "Finalized/Imaged/Shipped."

8,620 posts
1 minute ago, celluloidbuff said:

I'm not a dealer, but I see my submissions in "Received" status. Some sit longer than others, depending on whether or not I chose CCS services. Then they move to "Scheduled for Grading" and then "Grading/Quality Control," where time can't seem to move any slower before I get my little dose of happiness when I see "Finalized/Imaged/Shipped."

I hear you lol Then you hopefully look back and count it all worth it :wishluck: 

Mine have gone directly to "SFG", but this is my first sub under my account that I could track..... It's been rumored and mentioned that "SFG" was the new received, I tried to get a definite handle on it, but can only determine from my own experience.... as I'm not a dealer either, nor have pressing under my current submission.....

I wonder if they "actually schedule a date of grading?" I mean do they look at the current estimates and say June 12th? one could hope that way if you called, you could get an answer..... lol 

wishful thinking haha

238 posts

So I dropped off a stack at AwesomeCon on 4/27. Two tiers, modern and economy, both received 5/2. My modern books went into grading / quality control today, 5/23.