• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Brittany M. said:
3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Snap! I'm waiting on non Fast track from week of April 8th...

LCS better call me :sumo:

Lol

Fast track moderns are 8-10 business days right now. 

The LCS did call me though, sorry for the late reply, I'll post in "back from CGC" thread post haste :foryou:

Hello fellow collectors,

I haven't submit any books for a long time, just checking the price for modern books, are they $20/book now? That's crazy! With the shipping cost both ways, easily $30 cost? Wow. Is CGC still on the super slow TAT, 6 months for modern? Thinking of submitting some left over books but this new grading fee killed my enthusiasm. Thank you.

20 minutes ago, AnhDepTrai said:

Hello fellow collectors,

I haven't submit any books for a long time, just checking the price for modern books, are they $20/book now? That's crazy! With the shipping cost both ways, easily $30 cost? Wow. Is CGC still on the super slow TAT, 6 months for modern? Thinking of submitting some left over books but this new grading fee killed my enthusiasm. Thank you.

TAT for moderns has been mostly 30 business days...

With fast track 10-15...business days...

Edit but ya prices went up across the board 1-2 years ago... been a minute...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/23/2019 at 6:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The LCS did call me though, sorry for the late reply, I'll post in "back from CGC" thread post haste :foryou:

5 book modern sub no fast track...

Received by cgc week of April 8th and delivered back May 23rd...

All In all, about 30 business days :shy:

22 hours ago, AnhDepTrai said:

Hello fellow collectors,

You think $20/book is expensive, what are you expecting it to cost?! lol....CGC do it for free?

So I have 2 different submissions that were received 4/13 one of them switched to scheduled for grading like 2 weeks ago the other is just sitting in received status.  They are all Signature Series Value Tier no fast track.  Does anyone know why one would be scheduled for grading and the other would still be sitting in received status?  Total of 15 books, 8 on one order 7 on the other.  

8 hours ago, aszumilo said:

9 weeks still sitting at received.

Not sure what the CCS TAT was then, the current is 70 business days, which would put from received to estimated completion of just pressing sometime in early July.  I don't think the submission page changes for CCS status only CGC, someone correct me if I am wrong there.

1 hour ago, Crops068 said:

Not sure what the CCS TAT was then, the current is 70 business days, which would put from received to estimated completion of just pressing sometime in early July.  I don't think the submission page changes for CCS status only CGC, someone correct me if I am wrong there.

It does change but rarely accurate, as with the CGC tot's.

Dropped off 75 modern books at the Big apple comic Con in March for a QP and Grade. 25 are scheduled for grading.  The rest are still received. You can never assume the TOT is correct  as they always fluctuate. My buddy dropped off some books with me the same show with same grading tiers and QP.  A few of  his subs have been graded and shipped already. My last few subs were the opposite - my books were returned long before my friend and we dropped them off at the same show. At least I get to hear about his grades . Oh well- I'm in no rush and as Tom Petty says "The waiting is the hardest part". :download:

5 hours ago, Crops068 said:

I want to say it was around 50-60 days, but, I don't remember exactly.  I remember calculating that I should have the books back around 1st or 2nd week of June before I submitted.  That is probably not going to happen.

37 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

I want to say it was around 50-60 days, but, I don't remember exactly.  I remember calculating that I should have the books back around 1st or 2nd week of June before I submitted.  That is probably not going to happen.

With that ETA they aren't even due for pressing to be completed until 6/4-6/18. Then you have another 4-5 weeks after that for grading.