• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, spreads said:

I'll never get why people sub books through a comics store, it's not that expensive to have a cgc account...

As long as you do 10 or more books a year I think the account makes sense. But if you only want to submit a single book it's probably not cost effective. 

Although you can submit at a show with a free account, so maybe that's the way to go. 

11 book FT Modern Signature Series

Submitted 5/5/19 at Fan Expo Dallas

Received 5/13/19

Scheduled for Grading 5/24/19

Grading/Quality Control 5/29/19

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 6/1/19

If you include the Friday of Megacon and Memorial Day as non-business days, then by my count right at the 13 business days currently listed as the estimated TAT for FT modern.

Edited by somewhereintexas

Just a question... is there such a thing as CCS fast track?  It looks like the wait times are way down now so that is a good thing.  Thank God I only have 3 more books to submit after this batch FF 22, 26 and 55.  Then I am calling it quits at least for now.  I did notice my FF 52 8.0 has gone from 1400 buck to 2500 buck in like 8 months.  Riding the wave...

5 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

As long as you do 10 or more books a year I think the account makes sense. But if you only want to submit a single book it's probably not cost effective. 

Although you can submit at a show with a free account, so maybe that's the way to go. 

I wouldn't go that far. Get the $150 package and submit 6 moderns or 3 Standard level books and you're even.

2 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Just a question... is there such a thing as CCS fast track?  It looks like the wait times are way down now so that is a good thing.  Thank God I only have 3 more books to submit after this batch FF 22, 26 and 55.  Then I am calling it quits at least for now.  I did notice my FF 52 8.0 has gone from 1400 buck to 2500 buck in like 8 months.  Riding the wave...

Yes...but have to use cgc fast track as well....most would probably say to have the book pressed prior to submitting. Will more than likely be cheaper and faster 

2 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

CCS posted lead times are usually inaccurate and more that what's posted.

Currently normal service is 63 days.

Fast track is 26.

3 hours ago, I like pie said:

CCS posted lead times are usually inaccurate and more that what's posted.

Currently normal service is 63 days.

Fast track is 26.

I did ask Joey Post if he would press and deliver some but he never answered.  It is what it is and I understand it completely.  When you are only sending in 4 books at a time it is not really worth his time.  Anyway my books are in the PGM forum and I will be sure to post the results there and see how the guesses turned out.  Its FF29 ASM 39 and 40 and Fear 19.  Wish me luck...

14 minutes ago, 1p36DSA said:

anyone that submitted at megacon have books received yet? Its OVER 2 weeks now, going on 3 in a few days. This is ridiculous!

Nope, I dropped off about 50 books there, some express and fast tracked. I still don't see them on my invoices. I called last week and they said they were behind in getting them into the system. I would feel more comfortable just seeing them as received.

Submitted 4 Value books for pressing and grading. Originally submitted 11/8/18 and then came back from CCS to CGC on 3/8/19. Just went to Scheduled for Grading yesterday and I'm super excited to see how my Batman #171 and #251 come out, especially. Can anyone give me an estimate of how long the "Scheduled for Grading" and "Grading/Quality Control" is taking right now on Value books?

On 6/3/2019 at 3:03 PM, somewhereintexas said:

11 book FT Modern Signature Series

Submitted 5/5/19 at Fan Expo Dallas

Received 5/13/19

Scheduled for Grading 5/24/19

Grading/Quality Control 5/29/19

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 6/1/19

If you include the Friday of Megacon and Memorial Day as non-business days, then by my count right at the 13 business days currently listed as the estimated TAT for FT modern.

So, with this submission,  did you actually see a "received" notation? I thought that wasn't a thing any more. Is that something they do for on-site submissions, but not shipped items? My Modern FT books, for example, were delivered USPS on 5/13/19 and show received 5/23/19. They immediately went to "Scheduled for Grading" in the notes at the same time. That would mean my books were scheduled for grading before yours, but recieved after? Confusing. 

rantrant

I dislike the fact that "receiving" is used to push turn around times out 2 weeks...without actually noting that on the turn around times posted on the website.  Absolutely misleading. It took 8 business days to check my books in. Turn around time was listed at 11 days at the time. At this point I'm at 16 total business days (excluding Memorial Day) (almost 4 calendar weeks), with 8 of those days being after the books were "received". Turn around times are now at 13 days. Hammer me for whining, but I know I'm not the only one. I believe CGC should get the books in system within a day or 2, bring back the "received" notation for all submissions and track books the old (and much better) way.  Then, post realistic turn around times that start at "received". Right now modern fast track should be at about 21 business days by my estimation.

rantrantover...

11 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

anyone that submitted at megacon have books received yet? Its OVER 2 weeks now, going on 3 in a few days. This is ridiculous!

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️   This!     ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Edited by Supa-Bad-Mofo

10 minutes ago, Supa-Bad-Mofo said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️   This!     ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

So I know my books have arrived from package notification yet they are not even received yet and I paid top dollar  It is always the same complaints.  It is a PITA sending books in.  Who has time for this?  I pity the guys that wait 9 months.  I have said it time and time again this service is for buyers not sellers.  Its not fun.  I just hope I get my books back without shaken comic syndrome or any other stupid stuff I have no control over.  Advice? Relax...

Hey Guys,

Have not been getting a straight answer from anyone about this and can really use the help.

I have multiple Pre-Screen Modern submissions that were entered (not received) onto my CGC account on 4/26/19 and 4/29/19.  Original estimated turnaround time at those entered dates were 37 business days.   Books are still "scheduled for grading" queue, so I called CGC to ask why the delay, and they tell me that now Pre-Screen Moderns run 53 business days!  

I told the rep that it is incorrect, it should run 37 business days as that was the posted TAT when they were first entered in the system.  She laughed, danced around the subject and could not give me a straight answer.   Frustrating :facepalm:

Question for All: When a submission is first entered onto my CGC account, do I need to use the original TAT date that I posted on the website to track the completion date of my order, or do I always need to adjust the date based on the most recent Turn Around Times posted?  Do the goal posts keep moving?  

Apologies if this was already covered in this thread.

28 minutes ago, iae21 said:

Question for All: When a submission is first entered onto my CGC account, do I need to use the original TAT date that I posted on the website to track the completion date of my order, or do I always need to adjust the date based on the most recent Turn Around Times posted?  Do the goal posts keep moving?  

They're just estimates, not guarantees. Plus all the books that get there between your form submission and your package arriving will affect the turn around times as well. 

And FYI there are still a couple of weeks before you even hit the original estimates. 37 days is 7 weeks and 2 days from your submission, which would be 6/17 and 6/18 from the days you entered the order. If it took a few days for your shipment to get there you'd be looking possibly the last week in June, and that's before any adjustments to their turn around time estimates. 

2 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

They're just estimates, not guarantees. Plus all the books that get there between your form submission and your package arriving will affect the turn around times as well. 

And FYI there are still a couple of weeks before you even hit the original estimates. 37 days is 7 weeks and 2 days from your submission, which would be 6/17 and 6/18 from the days you entered the order. If it took a few days for your shipment to get there you'd be looking possibly the last week in June, and that's before any adjustments to their turn around time estimates. 

But my question is still not being answered...

When a submission is first logged onto my CGC account, how do I track the TRUE estimated completion date of the order? 

- Do I need to use the original estimated TAT days  that is posted on the website when that date it was first logged?

- Does that estimated completion date change from first received based on the most recent Turn Around Times posted?  (i.e. Do the goal posts keep moving??)

Edited by iae21

48 minutes ago, iae21 said:

But my question is still not being answered...

When a submission is first logged onto my CGC account, how do I track the TRUE estimated completion date of the order? 

- Do I need to use the original estimated TAT days  that is posted on the website when that date it was first logged?

- Does that estimated completion date change from first received based on the most recent Turn Around Times posted?  (i.e. Do the goal posts keep moving??)

Just assume it's two weeks more than posted tots and you shouldn't be disappointed.

ezgif-3-810382045882.jpg

Edited by I like pie

34 minutes ago, I like pie said:

Just assume it's two weeks more than posted tots and you shouldn't be disappointed.

ezgif-3-810382045882.jpg

I fully understand the definition of the work 'Estimated'

However, the difference between 37 and 53 business days is a month longer than originally expected.

My question is still not being answered...