• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,947 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Old Fashion PB and J said:

No problem, glad to help out my fellow impatient friends :foryou:

That puts it at close to 85 business days...

Mine at 5/09 looking closer to the first of Sept then (thumbsu

With SDCC coming up lol who knows though! Ha

2 hours ago, Old Fashion PB and J said:

No problem, glad to help out my fellow impatient friends :foryou:

I don't think it's impatience as much as expecting a service that has been paid for since day one. I can guarantee CGC isn't behind on processing payments. I find most issues from the company get swept under the rug fairly quickly because of the interests of many on this site and others. The other company got blown up when they were behind on TATs. I feel like CGC should be held to even a higher standard since they're the industry leader?

1 hour ago, Bighaley21 said:

I don't think it's impatience as much as expecting a service that has been paid for since day one. I can guarantee CGC isn't behind on processing payments. I find most issues from the company get swept under the rug fairly quickly because of the interests of many on this site and others. The other company got blown up when they were behind on TATs. I feel like CGC should be held to even a higher standard since they're the industry leader?

Yea, my submissions are charged first thing. And the TAT are not great, but they have been worse. The impatience was really tongue in cheek though.

11 hours ago, johnenock said:

Sent 1 book in as a walkthrough.

Received 7/2....

not graded yet?!

Should have just saved some money and went with standard.

Logged into the system on 7/2 or the box was received at CGC on 7/2? 

5 hours ago, Bookery said:

I can top that one.

Sent 2 books in one package (comics and magazine) ... both for press and grading Walkthru.  The package was signed for on 6/24.  The comic was Received 6/26 and mailed back to me 6/27.  The magazine, however, shows Received 6/24, and shows no status change up until now (7/10).  I emailed an inquiry 7/8 and received a generic (generated?) reply essentially saying they'll get to it when they get to it.

Magazines are typically only done once a month but I've never sent one in via walkthough. Interesting.

I sent an email yesterday inquiring about my books delivered by USPS on June 21 that had not been received by CGC yet. To my surprise they responded to the email within 2 minutes and showed up in my account today as scheduled for grading. That's 11 business days and 19 days total for CGC to log them in. They must be swamped, but a great customer service experience. 

Business day 40 on my 24 day TAT Fast track economy received 5/16.  Starting to wonder if they didn't have a bunch of people quit or if they're not having some sort of material shortage for slabs.  Order has been at grading/qc for 17 business days now.

Have emailed twice and frankly been very disappointed with their curt responses.  Never had an order at grading/qc more than 5 days, and I can't get them to address that.  Basically just getting "your order is being encasuplated right now."

They did refund my fast track fees (though I did not ask them to, and told them it wasn't necessary).  Think I wouldn't be as irritated as I am right now if they would:

1) Give me something other than a cut and paste template response that indicates you actually read my email

2) Give me some indication of how long an order has to be stuck before you investigate what's going on internally

3) If you wont even look into why a specific order is close to a month past its TAT, Update your TATs to be at least ballpark accurate and don't reply to me with "TATs are approximate and not guaranteed."

Edited by szav

16 hours ago, joeypost said:

Logged into the system on 7/2 or the box was received at CGC on 7/2? 

Received. They just charged my card, so am assuming things will get moving shortly. Not mad at them or anything, just confused why I paid for a couple day turnaround and it is taking so much more time. Only reason I did the walkthrough service is because it is a high dollar book and I get nervous when it sits around in limbo.

Edited by johnenock

30 minutes ago, szav said:

Business day 40 on my 24 day TAT Fast track economy received 5/16.  Starting to wonder if they didn't have a bunch of people quit or if they're not having some sort of material shortage for slabs.  Order has been at grading/qc for 17 business days now.

Have emailed twice and frankly been very disappointed with their curt responses.  Never had an order at grading/qc more than 5 days, and I can't get them to address that.  Basically just getting "your order is being encasuplated right now."

They did refund my fast track fees (though I did not ask them to, and told them it wasn't necessary).  Think I wouldn't be as irritated as I am right now if they would:

1) Give me something other than a cut and paste template response that indicates you actually read my email

2) Give me some indication of how long an order has to be stuck before you investigate what's going on internally

3) If you wont even look into why a specific order is close to a month past its TAT, Update your TATs to be at least ballpark accurate and don't reply to me with "TATs are approximate and not guaranteed."

Something is up with your order at the QC stage. There's a reason that step is in there -- sometimes they catch things. Sometimes they don't catch a problem, of course. I've had to send books back that were obviously not seated well in the slab or where the label was wrong or a book had really bad NRs. Better, I think, that they catch problems at the QC stage.

I agree with you about the numbered points, although, of course, the less they rely on form e-mail responses, the more time and resources they have to devote to handling inquiries/complaints. Maybe that's what we want, but it may well end up slowing down the whole process. 

In the end, I think we'd be getting better service from CGC if the other guys hadn't made a royal mess of their entry into the market a few years back. As pretty much the only game in town, CGC is under less pressure to fix things than if they had serious competition. 

6 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

In the end, I think we'd be getting better service from CGC if the other guys hadn't made a royal mess of their entry into the market a few years back. As pretty much the only game in town, CGC is under less pressure to fix things than if they had serious competition. 

I’m not quite there yet, have always had good interactions before and CGC has been great about accommodating my label update requests, but this sort of ‘we’re the only show in town’ level of customer service could well open the door back up for the other guys.

On 7/8/2019 at 11:26 AM, netherxvoid said:

Standard scheduled for grading on 6/7 and nothing since, upon time of receiving these books turnaround was 15. Today is day 20 not to mention the almost 2 weeks it took to log them in.

Standard moved to QC today at day 23, fingers crossed for a shipment next week. Not feeling like ill see my other standard sub from 6/18 anytime soon.

10 minutes ago, Phish&Comics said:

Economy:

• Delivered to CGC: 4/17
  • SFG: 4/25
  • Grading / Quality Control: 7/8
  • Finalized/Shipped: 7/11

Thanks for the updates. I have 10 Economy sfg on 4/29 so they should be a week or so now! 3 Planet Comics (late ones) in there, I want them back!!!

I haven't sent in a walkthrough in more than a year. Makes me wonder how that works now given it seems to be taking them a week or more just to open the box after they've received it. I suppose you need to contact them and give them a head's up that the package is on its way. hm

32 minutes ago, szav said:

I’m not quite there yet, have always had good interactions before and CGC has been great about accommodating my label update requests, but this sort of ‘we’re the only show in town’ level of customer service could well open the door back up for the other guys.

I'm not there either given how I feel burned by the overgrading the other guys engaged in when they opened. I do notice that they are now promising snappy TATs, perhaps sensing a market opening. 

15 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I'm not there either given how I feel burned by the overgrading the other guys engaged in when they opened. I do notice that they are now promising snappy TATs, perhaps sensing a market opening. 

Yeah but you looked.... that’s the first step in “crossing over”...