current turn around rates at CGC
57 57

12,227 posts in this topic

26,866 posts
20 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

So if Value was at 60 days when I sent the books in, will it be 60 days or more like what's posted now? 

The posted turn around time has to be based on current turn around times since they have no way of looking into the future and seeing how many books will be subbed over the next 3 months.  If they get a huge fast track order a week after they get your order (which clogs up the system and pushes everything back a month for slow boat books) would you expect them to know this when you subbed your books.  It's an all an estimate based on current turn around times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28,042 posts

Before I make a call or bother anyone, does anyone else have a slow track value submission posted received in early July or later that is still listed as received? 

Last year when  I sent in books they were in scheduled for grading for months and listed that way almost from the beginning, which is a change from what it was before, so I don't know if they changed the system, or I should be concerned.

Most times I see "verified" after a few days.

Edited by skypinkblu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,043 posts
On 10/22/2019 at 1:54 PM, Jim M said:

Uphill battle yes, but you'd be surprised how that gap can close when you don't do the right thing when dealing with customer issues. For years there was never a viable competitor, and now there is. When one puts a priority on customer satisfaction, repeat business is more likely. Like I said, I have been loyal, but every time I get annoyed I am one step closer to making the switch.

Where's the "viable competitor"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
418 posts
1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

Before I make a call or bother anyone, does anyone else have a slow track value submission posted received in early July or later that is still listed as received? 

Last year when  I sent in books they were in scheduled for grading for months and listed that way almost from the beginning, which is a change from what it was before, so I don't know if they changed the system, or I should be concerned.

Most times I see "verified" after a few days.

I do, but it still falls in the range of the 102 day time frame that they currently have posted. 7/12 received status.

Edited by zeezee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28,042 posts
1 hour ago, zeezee said:

I do, but it still falls in the range of the 102 day time frame that they currently have posted. 7/12 received status.

Thank you very much for responding, mine are 7/9 and 7/11, at least I know I'm not alone, they probably changed the procedure!:foryou:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,177 posts
16 hours ago, Shockmaster said:

When were your books received by CGC?

They were received on 7/8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,177 posts
16 hours ago, 1Cool said:

The posted turn around time has to be based on current turn around times since they have no way of looking into the future and seeing how many books will be subbed over the next 3 months.  If they get a huge fast track order a week after they get your order (which clogs up the system and pushes everything back a month for slow boat books) would you expect them to know this when you subbed your books.  It's an all an estimate based on current turn around times.

Then really why even have TATs posted? Really it's a waste of time since fast trackers just keep pushing value further down the road. No more Value Tier for this person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,022 posts

I hate to admit it but the fast track is almost becoming mandatory. It’s pretty bad when I find myself forgetting what books I have out for grading. On the other hand, when I finally get them back, it’s literally like Christmas when I was a kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
188 posts
16 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Before I make a call or bother anyone, does anyone else have a slow track value submission posted received in early July or later that is still listed as received? 

Last year when  I sent in books they were in scheduled for grading for months and listed that way almost from the beginning, which is a change from what it was before, so I don't know if they changed the system, or I should be concerned.

Most times I see "verified" after a few days.

I have a 5 book Value submission received on 6/27 and it is still stuck in Received. I will put up updates when I get them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
188 posts
58 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I hate to admit it but the fast track is almost becoming mandatory. It’s pretty bad when I find myself forgetting what books I have out for grading. On the other hand, when I finally get them back, it’s literally like Christmas when I was a kid.

Yeah, but I'm not spending the extra $10 a book to get them faster. Most of the books I send in through the Value tier are for my personal collection. The extra cost for getting books fast tracked can pay for more books to get graded. I saw on CGC's Facebook page that they are hiring for a new grader. We can hope they can get someone in soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 posts

Anyone from New York Comic Con see their submissions appear on their tracking yet?  I'm sure there were a ton of submissions and it will take a lot of time to get them imputed, but I'm just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
118 posts

Modern Fast Track Turned in Last Day of NYCC

Received 24 Oct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,089 posts
20 hours ago, 1Cool said:

The posted turn around time has to be based on current turn around times since they have no way of looking into the future and seeing how many books will be subbed over the next 3 months.  If they get a huge fast track order a week after they get your order (which clogs up the system and pushes everything back a month for slow boat books) would you expect them to know this when you subbed your books.  It's an all an estimate based on current turn around times.

Exactly, and again these are general estimates.  I would think the higher the number of estimated days, the higher the variation in how long the service might actually take. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,866 posts
3 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Then really why even have TATs posted? Really it's a waste of time since fast trackers just keep pushing value further down the road. No more Value Tier for this person.

People like to have estimates but the problem comes when people use them as definites.  You get told that a line in an amusement park will be 45 minutes but what if the ride breaks down for 10 minutes and it really takes an hour.  You can be irritated that your wait time was more then they gave you but when you are dealing so many variables in the future then it has to be seen as a rough estimate.  I remember a time when people were waiting 5 - 6 months for value and a couple months for modern so this recent slow down does not seem so bad compared to the bad old days.

Edited by 1Cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,089 posts

I think it's quite clear at this point, big bold letters: VALUE TIER - DO NOT SUBMIT IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON MOVING WITHIN THE NEXT 12-18 MONTHS! 

I currently have a batch of non fast tracked modern press and grading...looks like CGC will have them until President Trump is out of office!  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145 posts
4 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

People like to have estimates but the problem comes when people use them as definites.  You get told that a line in an amusement park will be 45 minutes but what if the ride breaks down for 10 minutes and it really takes an hour.  You can be irritated that your wait time was more then they gave you but when you are dealing so many variables in the future then it has to be seen as a rough estimate.  I remember a time when people were waiting 5 - 6 months for value and a couple months for modern so this recent slow down does not seem so bad compared to the bad old days.

I don’t know if the ride breaking down is the best analogy... it’s more like the line says 45 minutes but they let a couple hundred people jump in front of you because they paid an extra $10 and now it’s really an hour for you.

It’s funny because amusement parks actually have fast passes and most work such that the line for the fast pass only allows so many people per ride, so you might have 4 people from fast pass line and 6 from regular line, but it stays steady at that rate such that there’s a low variance in time estimate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,866 posts
41 minutes ago, spreads said:

I think it's quite clear at this point, big bold letters: VALUE TIER - DO NOT SUBMIT IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON MOVING WITHIN THE NEXT 12-18 MONTHS! 

I currently have a batch of non fast tracked modern press and grading...looks like CGC will have them until President Trump is out of office!  lol

They may be slow but I highly doubt it will take until 2024 for you to get your books back :devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145 posts
1 hour ago, spreads said:

I think it's quite clear at this point, big bold letters: VALUE TIER - DO NOT SUBMIT IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON MOVING WITHIN THE NEXT 12-18 MONTHS! 

I currently have a batch of non fast tracked modern press and grading...looks like CGC will have them until President Trump is out of office!  lol

depends when they arrived... my modern press + grading received 6/24 just got shipped out to me on 10/21. Although, I have a Value Press + Value Grading through received 6/24.... the total turnaround time for that is 177 days currently... which puts it at 3/10 excluding holidays and weekends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts
2 hours ago, MarkMoon said:

Anyone from New York Comic Con see their submissions appear on their tracking yet?  I'm sure there were a ton of submissions and it will take a lot of time to get them imputed, but I'm just curious.

Mine showed up on Tuesday as received!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
57 57