• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,949 posts in this topic

I am officially boiling red mad at myself and this service right now.  I knew i should have sent walk though... even that takes 2 months which is ridiculous!  I mean walk through means you walk with them right?  WRONG unless it takes a month to walk through the factory..  I just dont have the patience to wait 9 months plus for a silly plastic case.  Can I bump my payment up or something?  ILL PAY because this is out of control.  Its 4 damn books not 4000!  Go ahead Lizards and post again about your modern books done in a week...

• June 18th, 2019 - Submitted via a local comic shop. 
  • November 20th, 2019 - Marked as Received by CGC (so I guess my comic shop messed up mailing it out it?)
  • January 6-10th week, 2020 - Marked 'Scheduled for Grading' (I don't have an exact day that week). This was an Economy tier for two books.
  • March 9th, 2020 - Still not graded. Over 40+ business days since it was marked for grading. 

Sooooo, yeah. That's my timeline. Details posted to the Ask CGC forum hoping I can get some answers and guidance.

Edited by Sauce Dog

46 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:
  • June 18th, 2019 - Submitted via a local comic shop. 
  • November 20th, 2019 - Marked as Received by CGC (so I guess my comic shop messed up mailing it out it?)
  • January 6-10th week, 2020 - Marked 'Scheduled for Grading' (I don't have an exact day that week). This was an Economy tier for two books.
  • March 9th, 2020 - Still not graded. Over 40+ business days since it was marked for grading. 

Sooooo, yeah. That's my timeline. Details posted to the Ask CGC forum hoping I can get some answers and guidance.

I'm thinking that doesn't sound right, every once in a while the LCS in Canada comes up with these tat's.... on the boards, and I'm not trying to say anything hurtful, it's just I wonder if the LCS is the anomaly....

There are many reasons why a sub would take longer, outdated credit card info is one, which a friend may be going through. His too have been over 2 months but only recently hs the info been corrected, so, it's a waiting game....

Wish it was easier on those out of country :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

All books Non Fast Track

VALUE 1 Book
CCS Received: 10/14/19
CCS Billed: 2/6/20
CGC Received: 2/19/20

SS MODERN 2 Books - Submitted @ NYCC
CCS Received: 10/30/19
CCS Billed: 2/14/20

SS MODERN 13 Books - Submitted @ NYCC
CCS Received: 10/29/19
CCS Billed: 2/13/20

SS ECONOMY 1 Book - Submitted @ NYCC

SS MODERN MAGAZINE 2 Books - Submitted @ NYCC

VALUE 2 Books
CGC Received: 2/18/20

Edited by Chazgee

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm thinking that doesn't sound right, every once in a while the LCS in Canada comes up with these tat's.... on the boards, and I'm not trying to say anything hurtful, it's just I wonder if the LCS is the anomaly....

There are many reasons why a sub would take longer, outdated credit card info is one, which a friend may be going through. His too have been over 2 months but only recently hs the info been corrected, so, it's a waiting game....

Wish it was easier on those out of country :foryou:

Oh the LCS for sure at fault for a good chunk of this, as they have been ignoring my requests for an update (and even when I do get a hold of them and they say they will call me back with info....they don't, even telling other employees to hang up on me and say the owner isn't around even though I can hear him in the back whispering). Payment was made to the LCS so unless their credit cards are out of date then it isn't an issue with payments for me. I'm very patient, but getting outright ignored in a very blatant manner is just frustrating (they had the gall to even tell me to check out their online store and buy some stuff since they know I spend lots on Golden Age books). They even told me the books were shipped two weeks ago, but CGC says they still have em. So super sketchy.

The main beef i'm having now is I was basically just told by a CGC rep it was not their problem and refused to help me, the rep was actually pretty rude with me (a first, every other experience i've had calling them was pleasant) and didn't want to hand me off to another rep when I asked. I asked how long an economy submission takes (they replied 35 days), and when I mentioned it was well past that for my order she got even more defensive and told me to just count the days myself, figure it out, and just take it up with my dealer as it wasn't their problem and that I wasn't technically their customer ( I'm fine with delays, I just wanted to know what to expect). I'm more jarred on how odd that call was and how it escalated so quickly in tone O.o 

Edited by Sauce Dog
spelling

16 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Oh a definitely think the LCS is at fault for a good chunk of this, as they have been ignoring my requests for an update (and even when I do get a hold of them and they say they will call me back with info....they don't, even telling other employees to hang up on me and say the owner isn't around even though I can hear him in the back whispering). Payment was made to the LCS so unless their credit cards are out of date then it isn't an issue with payments for me. I'm very patient, but getting outright ignored in a very blatant manner is just bad business (they had the gall to even tell me to check out their online store and buy some stuff since they know I spend lots on Golden Age books). They even told me the books were shipped two weeks ago, but CGC says they still have em. So super sketchy.

The main beef i'm having now is I was basically just told by a CGC rep it was not their problem and refused to help me, the rep was actually pretty rude with me (a first, every other experience i've had calling them was pleasant) and didn't want to hand me off to another rep when I asked. I asked how long an economy submission takes (they replied 35 days), and when I mentioned it was well past that for my order she got even more defensive and told me to just count the days myself, figure it out, and just take it up with my dealer as it wasn't their problem ( I'm fine with delays, I just wanted to know what to expect). I'm more jarred on how odd that call was and how it escalated so quickly in tone O.o

That's unfortunate, sometimes they do seem annoyed when people call, but if you saw today the cease and desist thread? Where employees were being harassed and cgc issued a cease and desist letter to a guy, and seemingly cgc and the phones, email, and etc are taking a lot of calls that aren't nice....

Edit I get a feeling they try to put on a brave face

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's unfortunate, sometimes they do seem annoyed when people call, but if you saw today the cease and desist thread? Where employees were being harassed and cgc issued a cease and desist letter to a guy, and seemingly cgc and the phones, email, and etc are taking a lot of calls that aren't nice....

Oh man, that is awful. I didn't see that thread. I always assume if anyone is a little off when helping me that it's something in their life and I should be even more patient. In this case it was just a very stark sudden contrast to all my other calls to them :( 

5 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Oh man, that is awful. I didn't see that thread. I always assume if anyone is a little off when helping me that it's something in their life and I should be even more patient. In this case it was just a very stark sudden contrast to all my other calls to them :( 

Ya you handled it well though (thumbsu

the guys video is I'm the first post of the thread....

15 hours ago, greggy said:

Grading/QC as of today.

What a coincidence - my sets that were submitted a month earlier are still at SFG.  Small world.

On 3/8/2020 at 3:34 PM, Ryan. said:

Oh, because of the press. It's probably time for people to stop using CCS altogether. 

Yes we've been talking about this for pages and pages, CCS service at all-times worst, CGC at all-times best.....buyer beware.

Edit: service based on TATs.

Edited by spreads
edit

16 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Oh the LCS for sure at fault for a good chunk of this....

Dang Sauce Dog...just read your timeline and that's a horror story. 
While it really doesn't help the current submission, I advocate for everyone to join CGC on their own. Then you have end-to-end control over tracking and order modification. Especially if you're caught with an LCS that messed up and decides acting shady is better than honest admission of facts.

The middle tier $150 seems expensive at first, but that credit that goes towards first sub is awesome. I got 10 moderns graded/shipped for about $70.

20 hours ago, Ryan. said:
On 3/6/2020 at 3:01 PM, Ryan. said:

4 Fast Track Value

Received 3/2/20

SFG 3/6/20, with the categories already completed :whatthe:

Grading/QC 3/9/20

Assuming this gets shipped sometime this week, that's an insane TAT.

Shipped 3/10/20.

That's cray.

3 hours ago, Jaywalker0 said:

Dang Sauce Dog...just read your timeline and that's a horror story. 
While it really doesn't help the current submission, I advocate for everyone to join CGC on their own. Then you have end-to-end control over tracking and order modification. Especially if you're caught with an LCS that messed up and decides acting shady is better than honest admission of facts.

The middle tier $150 seems expensive at first, but that credit that goes towards first sub is awesome. I got 10 moderns graded/shipped for about $70.

Oh, this is exactly what I did after this and have even got my other submissions back already that were made after this original horror story submission. I avoided having an actual CGC account until now since I had all my submission go through Mike at Hero Restoration anyways, it's only recently that I wanted to submit stuff I pressed/restored myself locally. But the response I got from CGC staff recently honestly make me heavily consider closing my account and not doing any more submissions that way (and opting to just stick with CBCS since they are literally a short drive from my place in Canada)

Edited by Sauce Dog