• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,976 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, eselrod said:

Received the book yesterday, 4 weeks 1 day from received status.  I called last week and was able to get someone to push it through.

Reholder (not Mechanical Error)

Received - 3/18/20

F/I/S - 3/23/20

I have no idea why it only took a week, but I ain't gunna ask.

8 hours ago, jdw1991 said:

scheduled for grading-3/24/2020

After sending my first set of comics down to states to be pressed and graded....., I'm tempted get my own pressing device, I watched a lot of youtube videos of fellow comic book readers pressing their own comics, and the results are impressive and if they can do that part what can't I? :) Cause roughly 4 months just to get your comics pressed....seems kinda of long. ;)  CGC received mine on Jan. 15....not passed the pressing stage yet. 

All Non-Fast Track

SS MODERN 2 Books - Submitted @ NYCC
CCS Received: 10/30/19
CCS Billed: 2/14/20
CGC Received: 3/12/20
CGC Billed: 3/13/20
Scheduled for Grading: 3/17/20
Grading / Quality Control: 3/30/20

VALUE 2 Books
CGC Received: 2/18/20
CGC Billed: 2/26/20
Scheduled for Grading: 3/31/20

Edited by Chazgee

5 hours ago, Chazgee said:

All Non-Fast Track

SS MODERN 2 Books - Submitted @ NYCC
CCS Received: 10/30/19
CCS Billed: 2/14/20
CGC Received: 3/12/20
CGC Billed: 3/13/20
Scheduled for Grading: 3/17/20
Grading / Quality Control: 3/30/20

VALUE 2 Books
CGC Received: 2/18/20
CGC Billed: 2/26/20
Scheduled for Grading: 3/31/20

So with pressing involved it pretty takes 5 months before it even gets scheduled for grading.....is grading comics considered essential service in the States? ;)  Cause here in Edmonton Alberta Canada, they pretty much just want essential services running during this pandemic... 

Edited by Etreiw

3 minutes ago, Etreiw said:

So with pressing involved it pretty takes 4 months before it even gets scheduled for grading.....is grading comics considered essential service in the States? ;)  Cause here in Edmonton Alberta Canada, they pretty much just want essential services running during this pandemic... 

Grading is an essential service until my comics done.  :sumo:

9 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

Grading is an essential service until my comics done.  :sumo:

LOL.....we will see what the virus says about that! ;)  Florida unlike other states were not really paying attention to the virus at the beginning aka Spring break on the beaches! :)

10 hours ago, Etreiw said:

LOL.....we will see what the virus says about that! ;)  Florida unlike other states were not really paying attention to the virus at the beginning aka Spring break on the beaches! :)

Exactly!  And all those selfish Covidiots contributed to the spread of the disease!  I can't believe CGC is running right now, Coronvirus sticks on cardboard for days and how many people do you think are touching these packages?  I don't know what kind of measures CGC is taking to protect their employees but the last thing they want right now are these people getting seriously sick.

I'm holding off for awhile sending them any books....

12 hours ago, Etreiw said:

:baiting: 

Florida Governor Issues Coronavirus Stay-at-home Order After Heavy Criticism:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/01/coronavirus-florida-desantis/

Looks like we may not see much movement here until May, at the earliest.

54 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

:baiting: 

Florida Governor Issues Coronavirus Stay-at-home Order After Heavy Criticism:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/01/coronavirus-florida-desantis/

Looks like we may not see much movement here until May, at the earliest.

From the CGC front page...

4/1/2020

Developing…

In a press conference on April 1, Governor Ron DeSantis of Florida said that he would be issuing a statewide “stay-at-home” mandate effective Thursday night at midnight. The Executive Order is expected to be signed later this afternoon.

Based on the information currently available, CGC expects its Sarasota, Florida, USA headquarters to be open tomorrow, April 2. Once the Executive Order has been signed, CGC will analyze and provide an update on its operations.