• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,964 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, comixry said:

How does the SS Modern work? I see the different price tiers for regular Modern ($20) and Sig Series ($30), but I can't seem to find the online submission form aside from the regular Modern form when I choose the "grading" option.  Is SS Modern grading only for private signing?

I believe CGC only does SS when it is witnessed by a CGC employee.  I am pretty sure you cannot submit one yourself that has already been signed.

27 minutes ago, comixry said:

How does the SS Modern work? I see the different price tiers for regular Modern ($20) and Sig Series ($30), but I can't seem to find the online submission form aside from the regular Modern form when I choose the "grading" option.  Is SS Modern grading only for private signing?

Yes, online SS forms are only for CGC's Private Signings. These were not for Private Signings, they were through a facilitator.

On 10/9/2020 at 11:52 AM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.3f9c74e595d85d02e81e3d40be5f160b.png

greggy, I'm assuming these books haven't been graded yet. It appears that Scheduled for Grading these days does not mean books will be graded anytime soon.

1 hour ago, skybolt said:

greggy, I'm assuming these books haven't been graded yet. It appears that Scheduled for Grading these days does not mean books will be graded anytime soon.

agree...i think it just means it was given a grading date on the calendar

35 minutes ago, SomethingSexy said:

It definitely seems sporadic lately and all depends on service.  I have had magazines move through the system faster than comics.

Less magazines to grade than comics, and the magazine encapsulation is only done on a specific date, as they need to change the machine around.

2 hours ago, Dmac538 said:

Less magazines to grade than comics, and the magazine encapsulation is only done on a specific date, as they need to change the machine around.

Whoa! Turnaround time for moderns were around 30 days a few days ago, now as of this moment its 40 days. Yikes!

On 10/9/2020 at 8:15 PM, bug33fouf said:
CGC2390994743
9/29/20
MODERN
10/6/20
CGC2390994743
9/16/20
MODERN
9/29/20
CGC2390994743
9/15/20
MAGAZINE ECONOMY
Scheduled for Grading
CGC2390994743
9/11/20
MODERN
10/1/20
CGC2390994743
9/10/20
MODERN
10/7/20
CGC2390994743
9/4/20
VALUE
Received

So if you turn them in when it says 20 days and 25 days later it says 40 days do you end up waiting 40 days?

7 minutes ago, Poontot said:

So if you turn them in when it says 20 days and 25 days later it says 40 days do you end up waiting 40 days?

Pretty much yes. I noticed slow track pressing for moderns also went up from 60 to 64 days.

43 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

25 Books Modern Prescreen - Non FT

Shipped - 10/13

Delivered to CGC offices - 10/15

Received - (shrug)

I wouldn't worry. My 17 moderns slow track were delivered on 10/13, but haven't been officially received yet. It takes anywhere between 2 and 8 business days from past experience.

1 hour ago, skybolt said:

I wouldn't worry. My 17 moderns slow track were delivered on 10/13, but haven't been officially received yet. It takes anywhere between 2 and 8 business days from past experience.

I called CGC today and they told me they are currently opening and inventorying packages that were received on October 5th due to a significant backlog of received mail.

1 hour ago, PickleRick1216 said:

I called CGC today and they told me they are currently opening and inventorying packages that were received on October 5th due to a significant backlog of received mail.

Not surprising with their mega signing event deadline coming up.