• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,978 posts in this topic

VALUE COMICS x 19 W/ CCS SERVICES

Shipped to CGC: 6/17/20

Delivered to CGC: 6/22/20

Received/CGC Submission Acknowledgement Email: 6/25/20

CCS Payment Acknowledgement Email: 8/26/20 44 business days

CGC Payment Acknowledgement Email: 9/14/20

Scheduled For Grading: 9/14/20 12 business days

Grading/Quality Control: 10/24/20 29 business days

Dangerfield.gif

On 10/24/2020 at 9:58 AM, Deuceboi said:

to quote al pacino in dog day afternoon..."moving right along..."

image.thumb.png.424e1c2dc727f093d9af6c6e790099fa.png

I feel as though you should contact CGC about your 8/4 submission. It doesn't make any sense that it hasn't been graded yet, when your 9/14 submission was. Something definitely doesn't add up there...

9 hours ago, Noah Koessel said:

I feel as though you should contact CGC about your 8/4 submission. It doesn't make any sense that it hasn't been graded yet, when your 9/14 submission was. Something definitely doesn't add up there...

its just as confusing as the 9/15 getting done earlier than the 9/10

VALUE COMICS x 19 W/ CCS SERVICES

Shipped to CGC: 6/17/20

Delivered to CGC: 6/22/20

Received/CGC Submission Acknowledgement Email: 6/25/20

CCS Payment Acknowledgement Email: 8/26/20 44 business days

CGC Payment Acknowledgement Email: 9/14/20

Scheduled For Grading: 9/14/20 12 business days

Grading/Quality Control: 10/24/20 29 business days

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped: 10/26/20 1 business day

Plan.gif

2 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Modern Pre-screen (16 books)

Received 9/9/2020

SFG as of today. Roughly 34 business days in the queue so far.

Value book received on 8/31/2020 are still sitting at received. 

My modern pre screen from 9/1 is still at SFG. They told me another 2 weeks, 2 weeks ago. Thursday it was another 1-2 weeks..

54 minutes ago, Old Fashion PB and J said:

My modern pre screen from 9/1 is still at SFG. They told me another 2 weeks, 2 weeks ago. Thursday it was another 1-2 weeks..

Wonder if the in-house signings are getting dumped ahead of our books. I had regular moderns submitted the same day (9/9) and they were shipped out on 10/13. When did the last signing occur?

Edited by joeypost

Just now, Noah Koessel said:

How were you able to prescreen less than 25 books?! 

Good question. I never really asked. But as a dealer I can only imagine I get a free pass on the 25 book minimum, as I submit thousand of books. 

14 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Good question. I never really asked. But as a dealer I can only imagine I get a free pass on the 25 book minimum, as I submit thousand of books. 

I’ve had a suspicion that CGC plays favorites towards people who submit a lot, so it seems entirely possible, if you believe that to be true. 

5 minutes ago, Jordan Morris said:

If I’m sending 9 Spider-Man 12s in for CGC grading (Miles and Gwen first kiss) should I send them value or modern to get them back faster right now?

Also what is the current total average turn around time for that said method. Just wondering so I can get them back ASAP

19 minutes ago, Jordan Morris said:
25 minutes ago, Jordan Morris said:

If I’m sending 9 Spider-Man 12s in for CGC grading (Miles and Gwen first kiss) should I send them value or modern to get them back faster right now?

Also what is the current total average turn around time for that said method. Just wondering so I can get them back ASAP

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/

Use this link or bookmark it, it has the current tat per tier and it can change daily, there is no simple answer to your question that anyone can promise....

2 hours ago, joeypost said:

Wonder if the in-house signings are getting dumped ahead of our books. I had regular moderns submitted the same day (9/9) and they were shipped out on 10/13. When did the last signing occur?

Bill Morrison finished signing about 6 days and on CGC Facebook  they have posted some J Scott Campbell signing and answering question the last few hours , so looks like he started signing. 

4 hours ago, Noah Koessel said:

I’ve had a suspicion that CGC plays favorites towards people who submit a lot, so it seems entirely possible, if you believe that to be true. 

I always submit more than 25 books to pre-screen...they are not always the same invoice.