• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,964 posts in this topic

i always thought there were more comic collectos than coin and paper money collectors

No there are more coin collectors,but it seems like more comic book collectors because of all the Batman movie,Avengers movie and Walking Dead good news we hear. In fact there are even more baseball card and Magic the Gathering collectors then comic book collectors. The average monthly comic book sells about 30,000 to 40,000 copies a month in the USA,and this is after the new DC 52 and Walking Dead brought in new readers.

I think in 5 years that digital comics will be the majority for sales, as the digital readers keep improving. IMHO

ahh, you learn something new everyday

I think in 5 years that digital comics will be the majority for sales, as the digital readers keep improving. IMHO

They better get a marketing strategy then; no way am I going to pay for the rights to view the comic if I can hold it (at the same price point).

That being said---I do buy digital comics for a few titles I want to read and "experiment" with...and the classics.

Economy Fast Track submitted and received by CGC on 8/9 - just received word that it has been graded and in encapsulation and will be shipping soon. So taking out the holiday it has been 28 business days and yet to ship.

They better get a marketing strategy then; no way am I going to pay for the rights to view the comic if I can hold it (at the same price point).

That being said---I do buy digital comics for a few titles I want to read and "experiment" with...and the classics.

I would expect Marvel and DC won`t dominate Ipads and Kindle Fires like they do the lcs. So yeah I agree if we are talking Marvel and DC they better come up with a marketing plan or the Booms,IDWs and Images will leave them far behind in the digital world. 2c

i always thought there were more comic collectos than coin and paper money collectors

No there are more coin collectors,but it seems like more comic book collectors because of all the Batman movie,Avengers movie and Walking Dead good news we hear. In fact there are even more baseball card and Magic the Gathering collectors then comic book collectors. The average monthly comic book sells about 30,000 to 40,000 copies a month in the USA,and this is after the new DC 52 and Walking Dead brought in new readers.

ahh, you learn something new everyday

Eventually though I think some of these Digital comics will be read in the millions which will make comic collecting the biggest hobby of all! (thumbs u

I fast tracked 4 Silver age books on @August 10th they are now graded as of Sept 15th and should be in the mail soon if not this week :banana:

Tease. I think Joey submitted mine (Fast Track, I assume like he usually does) on/around August 2nd and I figured I had another month or two before they'd show up. Now - after your comment - I'm looking at the door every 10 minutes during the day.

Economy Fast Track submitted and received by CGC on 8/9 - just received word that it has been graded and in encapsulation and will be shipping soon. So taking out the holiday it has been 28 business days and yet to ship.

There have been two or three major shows since then (Chicago, Ohio and Baltimore come to mind) so you've lost another 4-6 days. Still slow. but very close to advertised times.

Anyone know where they are in the process for non-fast tracked modern? Like anyone have a submission date for their comics that they recently got back? I sent some in July 1st before they changed the time frame to 70 days.

6/14 still sitting at "Verified."

Still... :mad:

Bleeding Cool article about CGC turnaround times.

The Walking Dead CGC From Richmond To Sarasota

Nice, never seen the CGC building. I always imagined it looking more industrial. Nice to see all the green.

I have taken many a nap on the couch in the lobby waiting for other board members to show up for lunch. They even have a flat screen TV in front of the couch so you can watch headline news. That usually puts me right out.