• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,952 posts in this topic

It makes me regret purchasing a paid membership to be honest.   So I am figuring that I need to send books out now so I receive my credit. 

14 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

Yea but I mean is it a lack of graders, lack of capacity in the encapsulation process, lack of materials of encapsulation, etc etc

I have an order still sitting at "Received" since 10/31, Value tier and no pressing

I figured my 11-7-20 Value still in received was likely the worst. Thank you for making me feel better.(worship)

2 hours ago, f_hopp said:

I think that puts you well over 90 work days (I'm currently at 89) but they don't specify what their down days are. Based on your time frame my moderns, being received 9/16 and going for a Quick Press (8 fewer work days), should go to grading soon. As of 1/19 still marked Received. Of course CGC makes no guarantees about turn around time so you just gotta wait.

Ya I was surprised it went from CCS to graded and shipped so fast. And what was odd is that they got the Magazines from CCS like 3 days before and they still are on SFG. So they turnaround times are all over the place.

I agree with others too in saying that if I would have known it would have taken this long, I would have never done it in the first place. The turnaround times were 44 days when I sent them in, as you stated, I ended up waiting well over 90, not including Holidays. 

1 hour ago, Nic8612 said:

Yea but I mean is it a lack of graders, lack of capacity in the encapsulation process, lack of materials of encapsulation, etc etc

I have an order still sitting at "Received" since 10/31, Value tier and no pressing

Probably all of above but probably supply chain is biggest problem?I would think that everything could be handled InHouse where there's a delay via OT & pulling staff from here to there for a day. But what if there's a hiccup from plastic supplier of slabs? Orprinting machine requires maintenance? Now you're waiting on a 3rd party.   

And feel your pain.i'm Value tier 10/15 rcvd. 

Has anyone had any issues with cracked cases when shipped back from CGC? I used to get them all the time 10-15 years ago, but CGC has done a great job with secured packing lately. Unfortunately, in my last batch of 15 books, one of the cases was cracked at the bottom, but not damaging the inner well. It was surprising since the rest of the books were fine and there were was no noticeable damage on the outside package.

21 hours ago, Nic8612 said:

Good question...this summer (June/July) value and economy submissions were turning around in 1-2 weeks.  It started slowing down around August and into the fall (2-3 months) and now is getting to 4-5 months.  It's like it rapidly hit a wall somewhere in there.  No cons going on...did submissions floodgates just open once the lockdowns started scaling back a bit in some states?  Or did they start having COVID outages in the workstaff around that time creating a logjam?

I recently had a double cover come back without the notation for the double cover. Sent it back via their "mechanical error" process which usually is like a week or less for TAT. 

Took well over a month this time. They are all kinds of backed up

12 minutes ago, BorderlineHoarder said:

Good question...this summer (June/July) value and economy submissions were turning around in 1-2 weeks.  It started slowing down around August and into the fall (2-3 months) and now is getting to 4-5 months.  It's like it rapidly hit a wall somewhere in there.  No cons going on...did submissions floodgates just open once the lockdowns started scaling back a bit in some states?  Or did they start having COVID outages in the workstaff around that time creating a logjam?

As far as I know, FL has never really been under any lockdown orders and CGC doors were never shut. What happened was, to make up for cons, they started hosting InHouse signing events. With a 3 week pronised grading TAT, that "concierge" service, bumps regular subs back. And back.