• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

26,964 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sagekilz said:

Just the facts: still in 'Received' status since January 11th.

I have a Modern slow boat and a Modern prescreen both sitting in Received since 1/4. It's going to be a long ride since I'm not expecting the slow boat to be done until the beginning of March and the prescreen until close to the end of March. 

That's unless the TAT's increase with all the signings going on. 

36 minutes ago, Shockmaster said:

I have a Modern slow boat and a Modern prescreen both sitting in Received since 1/4. It's going to be a long ride since I'm not expecting the slow boat to be done until the beginning of March and the prescreen until close to the end of March. 

That's unless the TAT's increase with all the signings going on. 

The signings have to be the reason.  I'd venture to guess that a VAST majority of CGC submitters understand they're not the only person sending in books.  That said, the discrepancy between Received and SFG varies dramatically.  I'm in no rush for my books so I'm not at all concerned, nor impatient, but I completely understand the animosity towards the 'process' others have.

For reference:

Books delivered to CGC (Sarasota) by UPS on 12/30/20

Books marked 'Received' by CGC on 1/11/2021

Considering the holiday, the time between delivered and received is minimal.  However the ongoing time between Received and SFG is 11 (+/- 1) business days and counting.

3 hours ago, skybolt said:

Just a general question, but can cleaning provided as part of the pressing service, remove fingerprints? Just checking for my own info.

You would think...but i've resubbed sig series books to CCS for fingerprint...just to get them back with same fingerprints.  So no...not all fingerprints can be cleaned at CCS.

1 hour ago, Ninja0215 said:

That puts current submissions at about 10 business days for receiving in. Guess it could be a lot worse. 

Thank God I didn’t send it in for a pressing. That would be 10 business days for receiving, 99 business days for pressing and 42 business days for grading. 

1 hour ago, Battletoads82 said:

We are a month behind on grading? More in house signing? More in house signing.

More than.. 

15 minutes ago, Deuceboi said:

stop. doing. signings.

image.thumb.png.c98f0a5137c3c2e1d64475ffe2260f6c.png

Yeah.. Still a wait ahead..20210127_190023.jpg.8bd68e4034851c906d48317c915fe498.jpg

13 hours ago, Deuceboi said:

stop. doing. signings.

image.thumb.png.c98f0a5137c3c2e1d64475ffe2260f6c.png

It's really a win-win situation for CGC. They won't change anything with the high turnaround times because they are banking on collectors slowing down their submissions. Once the turnaround times go down to normal, people will start sending in their books again. In the meantime, CGC will continue grading at the same pace they are now with the same staff.

4 hours ago, skybolt said:

It's really a win-win situation for CGC. They won't change anything with the high turnaround times because they are banking on collectors slowing down their submissions. Once the turnaround times go down to normal, people will start sending in their books again. In the meantime, CGC will continue grading at the same pace they are now with the same staff.

yea plus they charged me when they got these..something they rarely do...